Are people getting dumber?

Vixy

Star
My friend visited my city and reacted on that people seemed so stupid here. Like they were actually surprised the bank was closed a sunday. SUNDAY! I've noticed it aswell, the rise in mental disorders like schizophrenia and autism seems extreme, as a kid one had heard of someone "weird" but now they're everywhere.

Yesterday I saw an elderly couple 20meters from the exit in a store and they could not find a way out. I just stood there in awe..

Is this done via our water and chemtrails? What exactly is going on? Know that someone on the board here tried not using fluoride toothpaste and his teeth started rotting.. So if that's not it than what is it? Bad health care? But then why are people so sick in the first place?

The hospital in my town is so bad its not even called a hospital. And people around call it "The slaughter house" Due to that they make you sicker, not healthier.

Scars512

Established
My friend visited my city and reacted on that people seemed so stupid here. Like they were actually surprised the bank was closed a sunday. SUNDAY! I've noticed it aswell, the rise in mental disorders like schizophrenia and autism seems extreme, as a kid one had heard of someone "weird" but now they're everywhere.

Yesterday I saw an elderly couple 20meters from the exit in a store and they could not find a way out. I just stood there in awe..

Is this done via our water and chemtrails? What exactly is going on? Know that someone on the board here tried not using fluoride toothpaste and his teeth started rotting.. So if that's not it than what is it? Bad health care? But then why are people so sick in the first place?

The hospital in my town is so bad its not even called a hospital. And people around call it "The slaughter house" Due to that they make you sicker, not healthier.
Well, according to this article, we really are getting dumber:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/iq-rates-are-dropping-many-developed-countries-doesn-t-bode-ncna1008576

But, they don't know why. And it doesn't appear to be caused by immigration or dumb people having lots of kids. My guess would be the use of chemicals in our food. From the pesticides used on crops to genetically modified foods to artificial ingredients and preservatives in our foods -- I think it is having a long term effect on our bodies, particularly our minds. Aluminum, in particular, being implicated (although certainly not proven as causal) in dementia. And we are exposed to that in our drinking water, personal care products like antiperspirants, cook ware, canned goods, medicines like antacids, processed foods, etc.

And I don't really think it is accidental. I think a population that cannot think clearly is more easily controlled. As George Carlin said, "Governments don't want a population capable of critical thinking. They want obedient workers: people just smart enough to run the machines and just dumb enough to passively accept their situation."

Wigi

Veteran
"Governments don't want a population capable of critical thinking. They want obedient workers: people just smart enough to run the machines and just dumb enough to passively accept their situation."
Scary.

It reminds of this old article
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/4548943/British-teenagers-have-lower-IQs-than-their-counterparts-did-30-years-ago.html

"Previous research has suggested that using text messages and email causes concentration to drop, temporarily reducing IQ by 10 points, while smoking marijuana has been associated with a four-point drop in IQ."

All these things are considered normal nowadays plus we have arguably as much if not more chemicals in food/water/soda ect..

It could explain why passivety and apathy is a norm.

Vytas

Star
We are getting dumber pretty good by ourselves. No special poisoning needed. Scrolling hundreds of kilometers on Facebook and reducing our attention span to the likes of goldfish. Playing games instead of reading books. High or drunk all the time. Looking only to be entertained, and avoiding to face problems. Wrong values, wrong thinking, wrong everything.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I think this is a simpler matter... not really fault of chemicals or something, it's just plain old lazyness. I don't know how things are in the USA but in a general matter I believe that we got our minds atrophied like muscles without exercise. Back when I was in school we had to do math by hand, + - X and /. Today everybody (inclunding me) get a cell phone calculator. I'd spend lots of time practicing cursive writing and stuff, but today it's just type type type oh the irony

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Right now that I'm having brain problems myself that I've never had before, I truly believe the intentional spread of Mycotoxins along with all the poisons in the air, food and water are Greatly contributing to this horrible problem. Who is a person without a proper-functioning brain??? Yes the dumbing down is real. I am sometimes still shocked when people do the dumbest things that no one in their right mind would do. Like leaving toddlers home alone while the parents go out to drink, "forgetting" your kids in cars or intentionally leaving them there so the parent can go to work or carelessly go shopping on warm/hot days, seriously????
Or right now days way ahead of the 4th of July fireworks going on at 9pm 1 and 5 o'clock in the morning. The loud heart-attack inducing ones. Setting off fireworks in the day where you can't really see the sparks, what is the point?? I see so much dumbness everywhere it's painful to watch.
Plus all the laws allowing recreational drugs it's really impairing people's judgment too. I heard that somewhere they were going to legalize magic mushrooms but I can't remember where. Who needs magic mushrooms???

Considering the fact that we went from finding ways to conquer space to now saying that the earth might be flat (and this one more thing lol). Its not food or water, its willful ignorance.

Also IQ is not a measurement of intelligence.
I think a lot of it has to do with the proliferation of anti-intellectualism with the internet. A lot of this is based off decades of creationist propaganda, flat earth and geo-centrism wouldn’t be possible without their pseudoscience.

manama

Star
I think a lot of it has to do with the proliferation of anti-intellectualism with the internet. A lot of this is based off decades of creationist propaganda, flat earth and geo-centrism wouldn’t be possible without their pseudoscience.
Its a pity. Through internet we now have knowledge at our fingertips but then people go and find or create lies and spread it or believe it just to have a sense of uniqueness.
Just look at how many people in this very forum cry about technology being bad, phones being bad, wifi being bad yada yada. And yet they cry about it on the internet, using that wifi/4g, on a social media using their said phones or computers. And then they call out the pros or educated ones in a certain field to be robots or incapable of thinking for themselves, without realizing that they themselves are the problem.

But yes lets blame the water for our stupidity.

Moreaboutyou

Established
Each generation gets dumber and dumber.

In the future someone will be saying just what you are. And they will be correct.

We have getting dumber for a while now, it isn't going to stop. I think it may be necessary for the ushering in of what is to come.

Glad 2 know

Veteran

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Or perhaps a generation who secretly believe they are monkeys with smartphones ;-)

Vixy

Star
Its a pity. Through internet we now have knowledge at our fingertips but then people go and find or create lies and spread it or believe it just to have a sense of uniqueness.
Just look at how many people in this very forum cry about technology being bad, phones being bad, wifi being bad yada yada. And yet they cry about it on the internet, using that wifi/4g, on a social media using their said phones or computers. And then they call out the pros or educated ones in a certain field to be robots or incapable of thinking for themselves, without realizing that they themselves are the problem.

Yeah..its so bad finding out all about how the world really works. Its so bad YOU'RE in here. Why are you, if it's so bad, I wonder? But but..I shouldnt diss you for saying things that dont agree with my points of views at all, I just wonder how you can look down upon conspiracy facts when you're in here..Clearly something about it you must find right then..

manama

Star
Yeah..its so bad finding out all about how the world really works. Its so bad YOU'RE in here. Why are you, if it's so bad, I wonder? But but..I shouldnt diss you for saying things that dont agree with my points of views at all, I just wonder how you can look down upon conspiracy facts when you're in here..Clearly something about it you must find right then..
Not everything is about you vixy.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

The quandary of technology...

“There was a certain man who was going to his own house and his enemy went with him. And his house was beyond a river too swift to swim and too deep to wade. And he could go no faster than his enemy. While he was on his journey his wife sent to him and said, ‘you know that there is only one bridge across the river: tell me, shall I destroy it that the enemy may not cross; or shall I leave it standing that you may cross?’ What should this man do?”

~ C.S.Lewis, A Pilgrims Regress

Aero

Superstar
100% we are getting dumber. But that's not even the worst part. The bigger problem is that people's thoughts are getting viler. Now I'm not talking about criminality, rather the way people think about stuff. I mean specifically how they think about other people. I believe that how people think about others is a true reflection of what they think about themselves.

With that said, the real question is why do people feel so vile? Or maybe it's better to ask, why does the average human being hate themselves? I just never thought I would feel above average by my thoughts alone. I don't think poorly of other people. Sure sometimes I can talk some trash but that's just me failing at trying to fit in.

A lot of people don't fit in. So this one is for all us in that same boat. We are better off with our pure minds. Sure it looks fun hanging out with the dirty sluts of the world. And it's probably a blast up until they dump all of their psychological baggage on you.