Are people getting dumber?

Scars512

Established
That ice cream thing isn't stupidity -- it is nastiness and meanness. Who would get their kicks thinking that someone else was eating their saliva unwittingly? A sociopath, perhaps. I hope they find that girl and give her a harsh enough penalty to make an example out of her. People like her are the reason companies have to add extra layers of packaging to keep products from being tampered with. In the end, she will be the reason the cost of ice cream goes up and the landfills have more trash because there will have to be a sealed layer to prevent stuff like this from happening again.

That, combined with the video I saw of a girl licking an airplane toilet seat -- most likely just in an attempt to go viral -- makes me think that this younger generation is very gross and extremely immature. Or at least the social media obsessed ones are anyway.

Lisa

Superstar
100% we are getting dumber. But that's not even the worst part. The bigger problem is that people's thoughts are getting viler. Now I'm not talking about criminality, rather the way people think about stuff. I mean specifically how they think about other people. I believe that how people think about others is a true reflection of what they think about themselves.

With that said, the real question is why do people feel so vile? Or maybe it's better to ask, why does the average human being hate themselves? I just never thought I would feel above average by my thoughts alone. I don't think poorly of other people. Sure sometimes I can talk some trash but that's just me failing at trying to fit in.

A lot of people don't fit in. So this one is for all us in that same boat. We are better off with our pure minds. Sure it looks fun hanging out with the dirty sluts of the world. And it's probably a blast up until they dump all of their psychological baggage on you.
I think the Bible tells us... sin will increase, actually the verse says lawlessness will increase but lawlessness is sin, so...

Lisa

Superstar
Right now that I'm having brain problems myself that I've never had before, I truly believe the intentional spread of Mycotoxins along with all the poisons in the air, food and water are Greatly contributing to this horrible problem. Who is a person without a proper-functioning brain??? Yes the dumbing down is real. I am sometimes still shocked when people do the dumbest things that no one in their right mind would do. Like leaving toddlers home alone while the parents go out to drink, "forgetting" your kids in cars or intentionally leaving them there so the parent can go to work or carelessly go shopping on warm/hot days, seriously????
Or right now days way ahead of the 4th of July fireworks going on at 9pm 1 and 5 o'clock in the morning. The loud heart-attack inducing ones. Setting off fireworks in the day where you can't really see the sparks, what is the point?? I see so much dumbness everywhere it's painful to watch.
Plus all the laws allowing recreational drugs it's really impairing people's judgment too. I heard that somewhere they were going to legalize magic mushrooms but I can't remember where. Who needs magic mushrooms???
They were trying to make the mushrooms legal in Denver and I thought it was to help veterans or people suffering from ptsd...could be wrong about the reason.

Awoken2

Superstar
Through internet we now have knowledge at our fingertips
This is true but you should also take into account that a large proportion of this knowledge is false......now we have a problem.

but then people go and find or create lies and spread it or believe it just to have a sense of uniqueness.
People don't go.looking for lies, they go looking for truth....but are fed lies. We get lied to every day by.our media. It's got nothing to do with uniqueness in my opinion. If you don't call bullshit when you see it then the bullshit doesn't stop...it gets worse.

Just look at how many people in this very forum cry about technology being bad, phones being bad, wifi being bad yada yada. And yet they cry about it on the internet,
So you are of the opinion all of the above isn't bad then?...... are you looking forward to 5G then?

And then they call out the pros or educated ones in a certain field to be robots or incapable of thinking for themselves, without realizing that they themselves are the problem
Pro's and educated ones don't frequent forums such as this. They may visit but they won't stay long.....too many dumb people around....plus the shills, socks and bots thrown in too.

*Disclaimer*

(There are a small number of genuine resolute posters here who are well aware of this but they continue to post just because they can.)

.....just keeping the thread on track.

Last edited:
That ice cream thing isn't stupidity -- it is nastiness and meanness. Who would get their kicks thinking that someone else was eating their saliva unwittingly? A sociopath, perhaps. I hope they find that girl and give her a harsh enough penalty to make an example out of her. People like her are the reason companies have to add extra layers of packaging to keep products from being tampered with. In the end, she will be the reason the cost of ice cream goes up and the landfills have more trash because there will have to be a sealed layer to prevent stuff like this from happening again.

That, combined with the video I saw of a girl licking an airplane toilet seat -- most likely just in an attempt to go viral -- makes me think that this younger generation is very gross and extremely immature. Or at least the social media obsessed ones are anyway.
You got your wish. She’s facing 2-20 years in prison. Sure it’s disgusting but a Navy Seal who murdered a 15 year old Iraqi boy and a two other civilians, gets to walk free. That’s someone who should of been made an example.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
You got your wish. She’s facing 2-20 years in prison. Sure it’s disgusting but a Navy Seal who murdered a 15 year old Iraqi and a young girl and her grandfather gets to walk free. That’s someone who should of been made an example.
why are you associating one crime with another? these are two isolated crimes and they have nothing to do with one another.
and just because i, at least, am glad that this ice cream licker is facing charges does not mean i dont want to see justice done for the iraqis.
how about BOTH are made an example?

Scars512

Established
You got your wish. She’s facing 2-20 years in prison. Sure it’s disgusting but a Navy Seal who murdered a 15 year old Iraqi boy and a two other civilians, gets to walk free. That’s someone who should of been made an example.
Or, here is a novel idea, both of them deserve to be punished. I don't really believe in the argument that someone else did something way worse and got away with it, so someone like her should get a pass, too. The justice system failed in the case of the Navy Seal -- but that doesn't mean that it would be unfair if it worked in her case. And I guarantee it won't be long before the justice system gets another shot at that Navy Seal. He is essentially a serial killer who killed for the thrill of it. It is unlikely that he will stop killing. I wouldn't want to be his wife ... she is the easiest target of opportunity.

This girl is a juvenile, though, so her punishment isn't likely to be that harsh. Although, as a juvenile, I'm not sure why she is living with her boyfriend (seems an adult thing to do) -- but obviously she didn't get the guidance she needed if this is how she behaves and she has left the home before she turned 18. But having crappy parents isn't an excuse to engage in criminal behavior.

manama

Star
This is true but you should also take into account that a large proportion of this knowledge is false......now we have a problem.

People don't go.looking for lies, they go looking for truth....but are fed lies. We get lied to every day by.our media. It's got nothing to do with uniqueness in my opinion. If you don't call bullshit when you see it then the bullshit doesn't stop...it gets worse.

So you are of the opinion all of the above isn't bad then?...... are you looking forward to 5G then?

Pro's and educated ones don't frequent forums such as this. They may visit but they won't stay long.....too many dumb people around....plus the shills, socks and bots thrown in too.

*Disclaimer*

(There are a small number of genuine resolute posters here who are well aware of this but they continue to post just because they can.)

.....just keeping the thread on track.
I've already said I don't care. If im going to die anyways I'd rather not die of high blood pressure because steam is being slow.

Everyone thinks they are the knowledgeable ones while others are misguided. Not something I'm going to bother arguing about in this thread especially.

manama

Star
The quandary of technology...

“There was a certain man who was going to his own house and his enemy went with him. And his house was beyond a river too swift to swim and too deep to wade. And he could go no faster than his enemy. While he was on his journey his wife sent to him and said, ‘you know that there is only one bridge across the river: tell me, shall I destroy it that the enemy may not cross; or shall I leave it standing that you may cross?’ What should this man do?”

~ C.S.Lewis, A Pilgrims Regress
Rant about it in a conspiracy forum probably lol

Scars512

Established
True and knowing that is important. Technology is a tool and tools on their own are not bad, its always the user.
That same analogy can be used for guns as well. But that doesn't mean that complaining about the dangers of guns or the proliferation of them is a bad thing. And not everyone who complains about technology is a luddite, you know.

I appreciate the good that technology can do, but in all honesty, I do think it has brought more problems than it has benefits. From the modernization of the workforce that has resulted in jobs being eliminated or outsourced to the nastiness that hiding behind a screen seems to encourage in a lot of folks -- overall, I'd say the cons slightly outweigh the pros at this point. Sure, you can't blame the technology any more than you can blame a gun -- they are just tools after all -- but I'm not sure why some people get so bent out of shape when you complain about the tool that they love.

manama

Star
That same analogy can be used for guns as well. But that doesn't mean that complaining about the dangers of guns or the proliferation of them is a bad thing. And not everyone who complains about technology is a luddite, you know.

I appreciate the good that technology can do, but in all honesty, I do think it has brought more problems than it has benefits. From the modernization of the workforce that has resulted in jobs being eliminated or outsourced to the nastiness that hiding behind a screen seems to encourage in a lot of folks -- overall, I'd say the cons slightly outweigh the pros at this point. Sure, you can't blame the technology any more than you can blame a gun -- they are just tools after all -- but I'm not sure why some people get so bent out of shape when you complain about the tool that they love.
One has to really be getting dumber to compare computers to guns. Unless I'm picking one up and shoving it in your skull, those are two different things altogether.

Yes not everyone who complains about technology is stupid and same with anything else. But the ones who aren't KNOW what they are talking about.

Renegade

Veteran
According to "The basic laws of human stupidity" first outlined by Carlo M. Cipolla, Professor Emeritus of Economic History at Berkeley, we have all simply underestimated the amount of stupid people thus validating the first law...

Zeroth Law
There is no upper bound on the amount of stupidity that can exist within any particular individual.

First Law
We always underestimate the number of stupid people.

Not as obvious as it sounds, because:

1. people we had thought to be rational and intelligent suddenly turn out to be unquestionably stupid;
  2. day after day we are hampered in whatever we do by stupid people who invariably turn up in the least appropriate places, and
  3. the underestimation is after the first law itself is already accounted for.
Second Law
The probability of a person being stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

Third (and Golden) Law
A stupid person is someone who causes damage to another person, or a group of people, without any advantage accruing to himself (or herself) — or even with some resultant self-damage.

Fourth Law
Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid people. They constantly forget that at any moment, and in any circumstance, associating with stupid people invariably constitutes an expensive mistake.

Fifth Law
A stupid person is the most dangerous person in existence. Prof. Cipolla adds a corollary to the fifth law: a stupid person is thus more dangerous than a bandit.

THE BASIC LAWS OF HUMAN STUPIDITY

why are you associating one crime with another? these are two isolated crimes and they have nothing to do with one another.
and just because i, at least, am glad that this ice cream licker is facing charges does not mean i dont want to see justice done for the iraqis.
how about BOTH are made an example?
It shows what a joke the “justice system” is. Is licking ice cream really worth prison time? She’s dumb and young and probably did it to impress a dude. How about probation and mandated counseling and or a fine?

The US President was tweeting in support of a war criminal, yet we need to go tough on crime and send an ice cream licker to the slammer.

Meanwhile, Arizona wants to make an example out of a man for doing nothing other than give humans water.

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/7/3/headlines/arizona_prosecutors_will_retry_activist_scott_warren_for_helping_migrants

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
It shows what a joke the “justice system” is. Is licking ice cream really worth prison time? She’s dumb and young and probably did it to impress a dude. How about probation and mandated counseling and or a fine?
its theft and it is endangering the life of others. its absolutely disgusting and disgraceful and totally low class. yes, she deserves jail time in my opinion. not 20 years, but jail time. same with that other guy (did you see my other two links on bitchute on this thread?) who gargled the mouthwash, spit it back in, and walked away.
victimless crime is another ball of wax for which i have leniency.

The US President was tweeting in support of a war criminal, yet we need to go tough on crime and send an ice cream licker to the slammer.
its a tweet. so what.

Meanwhile, Arizona wants to make an example out of a man for doing nothing other than give humans water.
i think he will be (and should be) acquitted. but providing food/water/clothing for them only encourages illegal crossings. this wouldnt even be an issue if we had a border wall.