Are People Afraid To Talk To Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainerann

Star
Are people afraid to talk to me? Do you feel intimidated by me? Are you afraid that I'm after your soul or something lol. Come on man, hit me up, let's get all whacky and have some cool discussion. Come one don't be shy! I promise I don't bite!
I don't think people are afraid of you. I'm not afraid of you. I hope it won't bother you if I reference somethings you have said in other threads, but it might feel this way because of the PTSD. It creates a certain hypervigilance that is common when you have symptoms of PTSD because when a traumatic event happens, memory can become very detailed through obsessively thinking about it in order to fix the way we feel about it and prevent it from happening again. It might be that you are little hypervigilant. I thought of this because I do the same thing for the same reason and I have to remind myself that I don't have to do this because it is only a response from trauma and not always the reality of the present.

Here is a site about hypervigilance. It was really helpful to me to learn about the concept. It helped me feel a lot more normal. You might already be familiar with this, but I thought I would pass it on anyway hoping it might help you feel a little more comfortable. https://www.verywell.com/hypervigilance-2797363

Tatilina

Star
I don't think people are afraid of you. I'm not afraid of you. I hope it won't bother you if I reference somethings you have said in other threads, but it might feel this way because of the PTSD. It creates a certain hypervigilance that is common when you have symptoms of PTSD because when a traumatic event happens, memory can become very detailed through obsessively thinking about it in order to fix the way we feel about it and prevent it from happening again. It might be that you are little hypervigilant. I thought of this because I do the same thing for the same reason and I have to remind myself that I don't have to do this because it is only a response from trauma and not always the reality of the present.

Here is a site about hypervigilance. It was really helpful to me to learn about the concept. It helped me feel a lot more normal. You might already be familiar with this, but I thought I would pass it on anyway hoping it might help you feel a little more comfortable. https://www.verywell.com/hypervigilance-2797363
Woah, yeah that's totally me. I had no idea I was being hypevigilant. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I always wonder how I come across to others. I always re-read through my posts, but they seem normal to me.

rainerann

Star
Woah, yeah that's totally me. I had no idea I was being hypevigilant. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I always wonder how I come across to others. I always re-read through my posts, but they seem normal to me.
Your posts do seem normal to me too. Being hypervigilant doesn't meant there is any abnormal with your posts. For example, in my case, it just basically means that I am trying to memorize my posts so I can match how a person responds directly to what I said in order to accurately know whether someone doesn't like me or whether someone is a possible threat to me. It is a very systematic process after all these years. I do it effortlessly and I still do this more than I want to but it's a process to overcome the tendency. It takes being patient with yourself. It won't change overnight too.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Are people afraid to talk to me? Do you feel intimidated by me? Are you afraid that I'm after your soul or something lol. Come on man, hit me up, let's get all whacky and have some cool discussion. Come one don't be shy! I promise I don't bite!
No.

I interact with the ex-Christians (like you) too in atheist/ex-Christian website.

I think they are logical in their statements. (God is extremely slow, "nothing fails like prayer", God is indifferent to their pains, etc.)

Yes, they become my Dr. Jekyll ("dark side") of me as a Christian.

Lady

Star
No.

I interact with the ex-Christians (like you) too in atheist/ex-Christian website.

I think they are logical in their statements. (God is extremely slow, "nothing fails like prayer", God is indifferent to their pains, etc.)

Well, please don't bring that dark spirit here, Mr. Blah! o_O

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Well, please don't bring that dark spirit here, Mr. Blah! o_O
I am between optimism/faith and skepticism/unbelief.

I was born as a skeptic, BTW.
My principle is everything must be calculated & measured.

And, God couldn't be calculated & measured ("observed under microscope").
That's the problem.

Tatilina

Star
No.

I am not an atheist, but i do like you and appreciate the time you take to converse with me. I hope I don't bring out your dark side Mr. Blah.

I don't like because God is the one who hates me. I know he hates me. That is why I dislike him and Christians have always disliked me even when I was a Christian. It was always a lose lose for me, kinda still is but not as bad as it used to be. I'm learning that I will always be rejected, excluded and overlooked. A true reject, misfit and outcast. No one likes me lol. I'm getting used to it, not that I have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.