Arab Ex-Muslim Woman: Muhammad FALSE, Jesus Christ is TRUTH!

manama

Star
FTR, Manama, I was born and raised in a Christian household and to this day, my dad considers himself a Christian and literally practices what he preaches. He’s a good man, who’s in his early 80’s and no one can say a mean thing about him, well, except my mum, lol. I don’t say this to brag, just giving you my perspective. What I think we’re dealing with on these boards are personalities who say they’re Christian.

But you’re right, as the saying goes, “you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. “
I know they don't represent Christianity. Lol i just find it funny, when they say that they are out to "convert or awake" people, better not end up converting their own people to other beliefs.

TokiEl

Superstar
Chrislam is the second beast in the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Your religion will not save you.

The Zone

Star
Look. I am a Christian and no Muslim is likely to turn me away from that. Nor, am I likely to turn them away from being a Muslim and I do not try to do so. Interpretation is subjective. We'd have less hostilities here if people would accept a few basic courtesies. If someone asks me directly about my walk, that is different. When in the church certain things may be different in an approach. But on a message board of many types of folks, acceptance is vital in that this is not a board for any one religion. I struggle much harder with some of the people with strange or off the wall religions and or none than I do with Muslims.

At the core of things, Christians and Muslims have some similarities with concern to morality, just not all. Yet people want to war over the differences rather than celebrate the similarities. The way I see it is someone may be wrong or all of us for that matter the the time comes. It pisses me off when I see people trash Christianity here because of others comments. WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. And this happens to Muslims too who just cannot take the bait at times. I hope we can all see who really walks the walk on both sides while realizing nobody is perfect and all have flaws. We can only aspire to be our best and for that matter hope for the best. If anyone is ever flipped here it is because there was a soft if not calculated sell. Or they saw some people who claim the title of a religion act like bufoon's and it pushes them away.

So, the next time anyone is about to plant the flag in a stand before speaking words of defiance and readiness to fight, ask yourself if you sought peace first. And the next time someone wants to take a blanket shot at Christians or Muslims, please realize that you are apt to offend the ones who do not participate in trying to cause a Holy War.

Respect that I have beliefs and I will do the same for you.

And is there anyone here that would mind not seeing this thread closed? I think most of us who've been here for awhile recognize the work of a certain person here. She hates Muslims and Christians do not like her much for she gives them a bad name while posing as one. The proof is in the body of a persons work.

Last edited:

Damien50

Star
Look. I am a Christian and no Muslim is likely to turn me away from that. Nor, am I likely to turn them away from being a Muslim and I do not try to do so. Interpretation is subjective. We'd have less hostilities here if people would accept a few basic courtesies. If someone asks me directly about my walk, that is different. When in the church certain things may be different in an approach. But on a message board of many types of folks, acceptance is vital in that this is not a board for any one religion. I struggle much harder with some of the people with strange or off the wall religions and or none than I do with Muslims.

At the core of things, Christians and Muslims have some similarities with concern to morality, just not all. Yet people want to war over the differences rather than celebrate the similarities. The way I see it is someone may be wrong or all of us for that matter the the time comes. It pisses me off when I see people trash Christianity here because of others comments. WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. And this happens to Muslims too who just cannot take the bait at times. I hope we can all see who really walks the walk on both sides while realizing nobody is perfect and all have flaws. We can only aspire to be our best and for that matter hope for the best. If anyone is ever flipped here it is because there was a soft if not calculated sell. Or they saw some people who claim the title of a religion act like bufoon's and it pushes them away.

So, the next time anyone is about to plant the flag in a stand before speaking words of defiance and readiness to fight, ask yourself if you sought peace first. And the next time someone wants to take a blanket shot at Christians or Muslims, please realize that you are apt to offend the ones who do not participate in trying to cause a Holy War.

And is there anyone here that would mind not seeing this thread closed? I think most of us who've been here for awhile recognize the work of a certain person here. She hates Muslims and Christians do not like her much for she gives them a bad name while posing as one. The proof is in the body of a persons work.
I'm all for it being closed. This is a bait thread and I wish there was 140 character minimum to post links or videos for an OP.

TokiEl

Superstar

Good post but you've read the Book and so you ought to know that Christians will be beheaded in the end by Muslims.

Not that it matters much as martyrdom is glorious and a surefire way into the Kingdom of God but we will tell the Muslims in no uncertain terms that it is not ok to chop the heads off people.

They may think they are doing God a service and in a way they are i guess but not to their own selves.

Damien50

Star
Good post but you've read the Book and so you ought to know that Christians will be beheaded in the end by Muslims.

Not that it matters much as martyrdom is glorious and a surefire way into the Kingdom of God but we will tell the Muslims in no uncertain terms that it is not ok to chop the heads off people.

They may think they are doing God a service and in a way they are i guess but not to their own selves.
Oh you're old school Christian Zionist fundamentalist still believing in Muslim beheading lol

The Zone

Star
My book did not specifically spell out Muslims beheading me. Besides, if you really want to turn some people to Christianity, there are far more fertile places to do so than this particular forum. And please, realize that Christians have varying takes.

TokiEl

Superstar
My book did not specifically spell out Muslims beheading me.
You're right the beheadings are not specifically spelled out as caused by Muslims... but who else lol ? Who else still beheads people in the 21st century ? Ho ho ho... who else man ?

Besides, if you really want to turn some people to Christianity, there are far more fertile places to do so than this particular forum. And please, realize that Christians have varying takes.
Actually i'm in it for the Truth and since Jesus Christ turned out to be the Truth so i'm in it for Him.

You may not like my way but i will always tell the Truth to the best of my ability and point to Jesus Christ as often as i can.

All knees will bow to Him because He is the God of all. So you might as well begin. All of you.

No, it has nothing to do with you being muslim-- what you write isn't like the typical fare we see here (e.g. points systems, recitations). Rather the principle of what you describe is fairly similar-- I mean, it is what it is, right? It's the means of *arrival* that we disagree on (and that's fine... I'm not going argue the point). I think God tells us clearly that it is, as you say, impossible to kill the naf... or desire -- but, I believe that is iniquity, and that we are saved through the imparting of Christ's righteousness, and not of anything we do, ourselves. I don't believe we have the power to save ourselves.
Appreciate the detail.
ROMANS 3:23-28
... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation through faith in His blood, for a showing forth of His righteousness, because of the forbearance of the sins having taken place beforehand, in the forbearance of God, for the showing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for Him to be just, and justifying the one of the faith of Jesus.
Where then is boasting? It has been excluded. Through what principle? That of works? No, but through the principle of faith.Therefore we reckon a man to be justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. ISAIAH 64:6
THE GARGOYLE
I appreciate what you're saying however it was possible to kill the nafs. In eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism that was the ultimate aim.
Read about moksha and nirvana.
In Hinduism there were different yogas (paths) to get there
Bakhti yoga
Raja yoga
Karma yoga
Jnana yoga
The trouble was very very few people were capable of getting to the destination. One of the ideas in spirituality is that the heart reflects whatever the mind focuses on. In a spiritual order the idea was to meditate on a perfect person in order to reflect the qualities of that person.
That's pretty much the basis of christianity here it is bakhti yoga (love) that's primary at work with faith. What occurs is Jesus did the 'work' and if your heart reflects Jesus then your qualities will reflect him. This is action without effort ...where the qualities are natural.
Remember Jesus was a priest after the order of Melchizedek so clearly an order already existed.

I don't expect the Bible to mention every religious concept that existed. I also don't take the 'all' mentioned in the new testament as literally all, I believe they had a narrow view of the world, they didn't know what ancient beliefs existed. It's like when a small.group of ppl say 'we all' they aren't speaking for all humans only their group.

Think in terms of a metaphysical transmutation within you occurring because Jesus lives in you. Thing is when this played out, the disciples became so Jesus-like that they performed miracles like his Inc raising the dead to life ....and they were also crucified , beheaded, hung, stoned etc.
Theres another saying about the light within, that when it is bright...it destroys the shadow...and since the shadow is the material world the end result is people quickly lose this life and the things belonging to it that are all shadow. The authentic path is no joke imo. I think christianity was at it's best before it became a state religion.

The Qur'an tells us that the followers of Jesus from the Jews were victorious over the disbelievers.
So i don't understand the ignorance in Muslims who attack Paul and even Peter as misguided or even question the validity of the gospel's origins and authorship. Faith itself leads me to accept what is because I believe God preserved it however it is.
The Qur'an also gives us the story of the sleepers of the cave ...who were Christians from the 3rd century.
Those stories are so unique that I realise authentic Christianity is insanely powerful in what it can or did do to people. So saying what I have about 'death of the nafs' before, whilst it existed as a concept i doubt it was ever as powerful as authentic christianity in the past.
You should also realise however that the language in religious texts contains a lot of mythos, basically the way things are worded is 'clever', to produce a sense of originality aswell as finality in people they have to believe what they follow is the only thing there is of it's kind. In your world view, Jesus is the beginning, middle ans end of everything, to most hindus that is Krishna. Krishna came first and a lot is said about him and by him that imo is more powerful than what Jesus said. If i was neutral i would say krishna was greater especially because his teachings deal with the bigger picture/story, whereas Jesus represented a small part of it.
It's kind of like God decided to condense an aspect of hinduism and put it into a judaic/hellenised world context and the result was Jesus.

If you read the bhagvad gita which is older than the old testament, it contains a lot in it that explains later religions like christianity and islam.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
I appreciate what you're saying however it was possible to kill the nafs. In eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism that was the ultimate aim.
Read about moksha and nirvana.
In Hinduism there were different yogas (paths) to get there
Bakhti yoga
Raja yoga
Karma yoga
Jnana yoga
The trouble was very very few people were capable of getting to the destination. One of the ideas in spirituality is that the heart reflects whatever the mind focuses on. In a spiritual order the idea was to meditate on a perfect person in order to reflect the qualities of that person.
That's pretty much the basis of christianity here it is bakhti yoga (love) that's primary at work with faith. What occurs is Jesus did the 'work' and if your heart reflects Jesus then your qualities will reflect him. This is action without effort ...where the qualities are natural.
Remember Jesus was a priest after the order of Melchizedek so clearly an order already existed.

I don't expect the Bible to mention every religious concept that existed. I also don't take the 'all' mentioned in the new testament as literally all, I believe they had a narrow view of the world, they didn't know what ancient beliefs existed. It's like when a small.group of ppl say 'we all' they aren't speaking for all humans only their group.

Think in terms of a metaphysical transmutation within you occurring because Jesus lives in you. Thing is when this played out, the disciples became so Jesus-like that they performed miracles like his Inc raising the dead to life ....and they were also crucified , beheaded, hung, stoned etc.
Theres another saying about the light within, that when it is bright...it destroys the shadow...and since the shadow is the material world the end result is people quickly lose this life and the things belonging to it that are all shadow. The authentic path is no joke imo. I think christianity was at it's best before it became a state religion.

The Qur'an tells us that the followers of Jesus from the Jews were victorious over the disbelievers.
So i don't understand the ignorance in Muslims who attack Paul and even Peter as misguided or even question the validity of the gospel's origins and authorship. Faith itself leads me to accept what is because I believe God preserved it however it is.
The Qur'an also gives us the story of the sleepers of the cave ...who were Christians from the 3rd century.
Those stories are so unique that I realise authentic Christianity is insanely powerful in what it can or did do to people. So saying what I have about 'death of the nafs' before, whilst it existed as a concept i doubt it was ever as powerful as authentic christianity in the past.
You should also realise however that the language in religious texts contains a lot of mythos, basically the way things are worded is 'clever', to produce a sense of originality aswell as finality in people they have to believe what they follow is the only thing there is of it's kind. In your world view, Jesus is the beginning, middle ans end of everything, to most hindus that is Krishna. Krishna came first and a lot is said about him and by him that imo is more powerful than what Jesus said. If i was neutral i would say krishna was greater especially because his teachings deal with the bigger picture/story, whereas Jesus represented a small part of it.
It's kind of like God decided to condense an aspect of hinduism and put it into a judaic/hellenised world context and the result was Jesus.

If you read the bhagvad gita which is older than the old testament, it contains a lot in it that explains later religions like christianity and islam.
The Bhagavad Gita :) The gods so closely resemble the descriptions of the angels (Ezekiel) and the behaviour of the old ones, its impossible (for me) not to associate them with the fallen. The knowledge the Hindu gods had is (imo) clearly of divine origin... I don't doubt that. I just don't believe its nature is good-- or even neutral-- I don't think that they're on our side. We'll have to agree to disagree there, and on the nature of the naf-- and I just watched something this afternoon citing that as the life force... heh. I should research that further, I guess-- the terminology, I mean. I don't think I'm quite on the same page, there.

Melchizedek noted-- and some say he may have even been Christ (theophany, I think I've read.. don't quote me on that :) ).* But we're speaking of things that are eternal, so should we look at them in a linear fashion, I wonder. Does it matter that one text came after another? Or before?

*Christophany.. I think that may be the correct term.

Thunderian

Superstar
This goes much deeper if you understand the story of Moses and the serpents who punished the israelites. For example the serpent who tempted Adam and Eve (we call him iblees but these days people call him lucifer), he was once an angel, yet he fell/rebelled. Why/how did this even occur and why were such beings made of fire in the first place?
Where does it say angels are made of fire?

How could someone believe in/follow christianity or islam and not have an interest in knowing the why and how of lucifer/iblees?
Christians can read the Bible and learn about Satan. It's all in there.

Fire symbolises desire...
Not according to the Bible, it doesn't. Fire is a symbol of God's presence, and an instrument of judgement and spiritual purification.

The Bible describes God as “a consuming fire” (Hebrews 12:29), so it is not surprising that fire often appears as a symbol of God’s presence. Examples include the burning bush (Exodus 3:2), the Shekinah glory (Exodus 14:19; Numbers 9:15-16), and Ezekiel’s vision (Ezekiel 1:4). Fire has many times been an instrument of God’s judgment (Numbers 11:1, 3; 2 Kings 1:10, 12) and a sign of His power (Judges 13:20; 1 Kings 18:38).​

elsbet

Superstar

She hates / loves as it serves her. :rolleyes:

I would opt to close but there have been some interesting things said here.. your post, above, included. Either way though-- no big deal.

Where does it say angels are made of fire?

Not according to the Bible, it doesn't. Fire is a symbol of God's presence, and an instrument of judgement and spiritual purification.

The Bible describes God as “a consuming fire” (Hebrews 12:29), so it is not surprising that fire often appears as a symbol of God’s presence. Examples include the burning bush (Exodus 3:2), the Shekinah glory (Exodus 14:19; Numbers 9:15-16), and Ezekiel’s vision (Ezekiel 1:4). Fire has many times been an instrument of God’s judgment (Numbers 11:1, 3; 2 Kings 1:10, 12) and a sign of His power (Judges 13:20; 1 Kings 18:38).​

The seraphs are angels are they not? yet they are made of fire.
Yet that fire is also light.......and also it is destructive/satanic. I never said desire is evil..it depends on how it is applied.

Seraphim has 2 meanings, one is angelic and the other is satanic ie serpents.

Basically the seraphs are jinns. Iblis/lucifer is a seraph..but actually funny thing is Michael, Gabriel, Israfil are also seraphs which means that are jinns (from an islamic pov but this is not commonly known but it is mentioned in a few places specifically that they were seraphs).

Most muslims do not realise this, since islam is pretty clear on the difference between angels and jinns ie light and fire.
But fire is also light....which is why iblis was ranked higher than the other 'angels' in the story of his fall. When God addressed the angels, iblis was also one of the addressed, which means he was clearly an angel, yet a jinn...
it's because of their dual nature, a jinn can be angelic or satanic.

^^ this is touching on islam so not really relevant to you. All you need to know is there are seraphs and they have dual nature.

In the case of satan masquandering as an angel of light, this doesnt negate the dual nature of seraphs. It just means that the lower destructive nature can masquander as higher enlightening nature. Just look at how humans follow materialism or are led to believe their shitty desires are somehow good.

So if you read up on the seraphim, they are the same, their fire is either enlightening or destructive depending on how it is directed.

About God

Deuteronomy 4
24 For the Lord your God is a consuming fire,a jealous God.

and Jesus said
Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

God's 'fire' is symbolic in relation to us, ie our own fiery nature....our own desire. it can also be wholesome or destructive. When it is wholesome then God manifests as Love, Mercy (ie His Shekinah) and When it is destructive then God manifests Fiery qualities , wrath, hell fire.

You said

yes it is all there and that is why you guys think Gabriel in islam is the devil.
'it is all in there'

Jesus said satan doesn't condemn satan when he was accused of taking out demons in the name of baal. the Quran is full of verses that condemn satan and say satan is our enemy and yet christians 'with knowledge' are saying 'no no this is different because satan masquanders as an angel of light, therefore your Quran is from satan because satan pretended'.
so satan created an entire scripture where he condemned himself, praised the God of Abraham as the only God, said 'there is no ilah/diety except God' meaning all satanic entities that desire worship, are rejected on account of the shahada and yet, somehow the shahada is from the devil.
This is christian logic.

that is why you guys notoriously accuse Mohammad SAW of being influenced by satan because his experience of Gabriel was a scary experience..and many christians mock that.
Christians clearly never paid attention to the experiences of prophet Daniel which were almost identical to Mohammed's (different contexts, but they were both terrified by their visions).

In the Quran we're told one of the helpers of Solomon AS posessed 'knowledge of the book' (the Torah) and he was able to teleport (tay al ard) because of this knowledge.
Yet billions of people have read the bible and not attained this depth of knowledge.
For me, it is about gaining greater insight in order to understand scripture and there is external knowledge and internal knowledge too.

Philo, the jewish philosopher, studied greek philosophy and through it, he understood the bible in ways that regular rabbis could not do.
I have repeated this point so many times yet you still fail to understand that 'truth' was in the bible yet seldom understood until someone with actual understanding through study/insight was able to see it there.

Proverbs 18:15
The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.

The jews have the old testament.
Show them Zechariah 11 or Daniel 7 or Daniel 9 or Isaiah 53 and watch them flat out tell you they disagree with you.

having the book doesnt mean anything ultimately, many muslims have the Quran where it says He inspired the disciples of Jesus and how He made the believers from bani israel (who believed in Jesus) victorious over the disbelievers........and yet most muslims who ever comment on christianity begin and end with attacks on Paul the apostle.

ironic that surah 17 supports both a jewish state and the future messianic kingdom but you know, that doesn't mean anything.
Just like the Quran tells muslims not to make the jews and christians our 'awliya' (guardians and protectors) but millions of beard bros and sisterprincesses do islam by protesting and petitioning to their non-muslim governments..raising awareness so the UN could veto against israel.

What is the point telling me a scripturee tells you everything you need to know if you pick and choose what to believe? I admit i don't know everything but at least i try to learn.

Where do you find that?
it's in the meaning and in the descriptions, they are literally beings of fire that can be angelic or satanic..ie like jinns.
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Seraphim.html

actually they are very similar to Devas in hinduism who were regarded as angelic to the hindus but in zoroastrianism were regarded as satanic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Hinduism)

I think the most important part of all of this is how it relates to us, as i said before
Tanha=craving, destructive fire
Chandha=wholesome desire

like comparing lust to love.

Thunderian

Superstar
it's in the meaning and in the descriptions, they are literally beings of fire that can be angelic or satanic..ie like jinns.
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Seraphim.html

actually they are very similar to Devas in hinduism who were regarded as angelic to the hindus but in zoroastrianism were regarded as satanic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Hinduism)

I think the most important part of all of this is how it relates to us, as i said before
Tanha=craving, destructive fire
Chandha=wholesome desire

like comparing lust to love.
Where in the Bible? lol

Where in the Bible? lol
proper christian wahabi you are.

you know in the bible, yeh? there is this word
Seraph
does this make any sense so far?
so you take this word...and you actually study it's etymology

note: The etymology of etymology
The word etymology derives from the Greek word ἐτυμολογία (etumología), itself from ἔτυμον (étumon), meaning "true sense", and the suffix -logia, denoting "the study of". In linguistics, the term etymon refers to a word or morpheme (e.g., stem or root) from which a later word derives.

inb4 "where is etymology in the bible?"

elsbet

Superstar
In the Quran we're told one of the helpers of Solomon AS posessed 'knowledge of the book' (the Torah) and he was able to teleport (tay al ard) because of this knowledge.
I looked it up and it says a demon did the teleporting/brought the throne.
?
He said, 'O Council, which one of you will bring me her throne, before they come to me in surrender?' [Quran 27:38]​
An efreet of the jinns said, 'I will bring it to thee, before thou risest from thy place; I have strength for it [Quran 27:39]​
and I am trusty.' Said he who possessed knowledge of the Book, 'I will bring it to thee, before ever thy glance returns to thee.' Then, when he saw it settled before him, he said, 'This is of my Lord's bounty that He may try me, whether I am thankful or ungrateful. Whosoever gives thanks gives thanks only for his own soul's good, and whosoever is ungrateful -- my Lord is surely All-sufficient, All-generous.' [Quran 27:40]​

Efreet
In Islam, this term refers to the most powerful and dangerous Jinn.
~
Both wiki... I'm just saying.

Thunderian

Superstar
proper christian wahabi you are.

you know in the bible, yeh? there is this word
Seraph
does this make any sense so far?
so you take this word...and you actually study it's etymology

note: The etymology of etymology
The word etymology derives from the Greek word ἐτυμολογία (etumología), itself from ἔτυμον (étumon), meaning "true sense", and the suffix -logia, denoting "the study of". In linguistics, the term etymon refers to a word or morpheme (e.g., stem or root) from which a later word derives.

inb4 "where is etymology in the bible?"
I think the problem is that you're used to having discussions about the Bible without actually opening it.

There's an ancient tradition of Bible study and discussion, still practiced by myself and some others, whereby you read and refer to the actual words of the Bible itself. I know, it's terribly unintellectual, but I find it's easier to learn Biblical truth if you start with what the Bible calls truth, and then move out from there.

For instance, if we were going to have a Biblical discussion about angels, then we would start with what the Bible has to say about them. Any information we accept about angels from there on has to line up with what the Bible tells us. Encyclopedia entries and dictionary definitions are great, but they don't ever stand in for actual, scriptural content.

Now, if that's clear, can you tell me what verse in the Bible you are using as the authority for your claim that angels are made of fire?