Apple Iphone X

TonyVanDam

Established
anyone read about the face recognition software apple's including? we've already adapted to touch id and they are completely getting rid of it

what are your thoughts on this? invasion of privacy or harmless? i mean snapchat's already been using facial recognition anyway
Unless you're using FLOSS [Free/Libre Open Source Software], your privacy is already being invaded. If you're using any products by Microsoft OR Apple, you already made your choice to lose most of your rights to privacy as far as operating software is concern.

Apple's iPhone X is definitely going to invade your privacy even further. And to make matters worse, iPhone X is a few more steps closer to transhumanism.

elsbet

Superstar
I got my first mobile phone when I was 17, Nokia 3210 with snake on it. Damn that were some good times.
I didn't want to have a smartphone but I have to admit: it's really practical. Internet to go. Cool thing.

And that's that with every technique that enslaves the people: if It's practical, fuck all the rest.
If you haven't seen the movie "Surrogates" I highly recommend it to everyone. I think this will be the future one day. This or Wall-E.
Surrogates! I've been trying to remember the name of that damned movie forever!

Thanks. And you're right- it's a must-see. :D

mecca

Superstar
Lol I just remembered I actually have 4 layers of duct tape over my camera.

yiksmes

Established
Apparently people can hack your laptop and watch you from the camera lens. The technology has probably existed for ages but they've just made it more effective and now that we consent to having our entire personal data comprised, they're probably watching us from the TV too
I believe since 1998 with a prog called: NetBus (SubTen backwards) and then in 1999 Sub7
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub7
If they had a cam, they wouldn't even know someone is watching, that was an era when Antiviruses and Firewalls was just starting to come out.
I used to troll my neighbour friends with it. I stopped using that stuff after i was 16 or 17, if i didn't, maybe i would know much more about hacking to this day.