Apparently, even Arthur needs a homosexual character

Do you still love sinners claire? Didn’t god tell you to go into the prisons and minister?

We have 2 million children in this country with an incarcerated parent. Suffering all sorts of mental health and social consequences as a result. The sin wasn’t theirs but they wear it and suffer for it just as much if not more. (The same can be said for the children of homosexuals).

Acknowledging their existence and letting them know they aren’t alone, letting them see someone like them on screen that they can relate to isn’t going to cause any harm. (Again also applies to the children of homosexuals)
Of course I love sinners. I am a sinner myself.
We all are, because nobody is perfect.

I suppose I would have to see the Sesame street episode to make a fair judgement, because as I said, a child ought to still love & reverence their parents whether they are law-abiding or not, unless they are abusing the child(ren), then they have no responsibility to love them.

It would depend on whether the show promoted parents as inmates, or was meant to support the child in coping with parents that are inmates.

That is the difference.

Lol. Luckily you can't ban an innocent group of people from television just because you hate them. LGBT people exist in the world whether you like it or not, they're not going to disappear just because it makes you uncomfortable for some reason.
I may not be able to ban homos from parading their unhealthy death styles on TV, but I am more convinced than ever that throwing away our TVs years ago was one of the best decisions my husband & I ever made.

The reason they make me uncomfortable (nauseous, rather), is because the thought of laying with a woman (or a beast or a child) is so immeasurably disgusting & unnatural, that I
might vomit in my mouth.

Would you want to see hideous, disturbing & unnatural acts that made you feel sick?

If not, why would you judge me for not wanting to?

mecca

Superstar
The reason they make me uncomfortable (nauseous, rather), is because the thought of laying with a woman (or a beast or a child) is so immeasurably disgusting & unnatural, that I
might vomit in my mouth.

Would you want to see hideous, disturbing & unnatural acts that made you feel sick?
A rat and an aardvark were shown walking down the aisle for a total of 7 seconds in a cartoon. That's what you're outraged about. It's pathetic that the brief acknowledgement of the mere existence of gay people is enough to set you off. There was no sex scene in a children's cartoon.

Last edited:
A rat and an aardvark were shown walking down the aisle for a total of 7 seconds in a cartoon. That's what you're outraged about. It's pathetic that the brief acknowledgement of the mere existence of gay people is enough to set you off. There was no sex scene in a children's cartoon.
Like poly said, it’s the idea that is abhorrent, and they are indoctrinating kids with this stuff.

Kids do not have to be indoctrinated into the idea of normal relationships. Little girls naturally imagine one day becoming a beautiful bride to a strong, handsome man....no indoctrination required.

And though I’ve never been a boy, so I don’t know exactly how boys think, I am sure there is a male version of one day finding a beautiful & honorable woman to marry & protect.

The whole homo thing is NEVER a natural part of that futuristic fantasy, and that is why people have to be brainwashed into utter passivity to see it as anything but what it is: unnatural & perverse.

It is, in fact, a PERVERSION of pure desires.

A woman can never offer another woman the things she dreams of & desires with her husband, like children (that you can BOTH share by blood) but also just a MAN...with broad shoulders to hold you, some chest hair to run your fingers through, strong arms, and, well—to be blunt—a firm penis & a nice pair of balls.

A woman has none of that, and cannot give a woman anything she doesn’t already have herself.

It’s a rip-off, if you ask me, and lesbians are not right in the head.

D8F62A1A-2EBC-44FC-97EE-4B8A4795D454.jpeg
ABFF3FCF-0F65-4413-91C2-5F96C02FDCD6.jpeg

Todd

Star
Do you still love sinners claire? Didn’t god tell you to go into the prisons and minister?

We have 2 million children in this country with an incarcerated parent. Suffering all sorts of mental health and social consequences as a result. The sin wasn’t theirs but they wear it and suffer for it just as much if not more. (The same can be said for the children of homosexuals).

Acknowledging their existence and letting them know they aren’t alone, letting them see someone like them on screen that they can relate to isn’t going to cause any harm. (Again also applies to the children of homosexuals)
When my wife and I did prison ministry in Angola Maximum Security Prison in Louisiana, the chaplin used to tell the inmates all the time the only difference between him and them, is they got caught. Granted that's a simplification, but we have all done bad things. Many of the prisoners we ministered truly had a changed heart and many loved God genuinely. And no it wasn't an act by the inmate hoping to look good so they could get out on parole as at the time (don't know if it's still true) 95% of the inmates at the prison were never going to see the outside of that prison. Most of them stilled loved their families and regretted what they did and would do anything to encourage their own children to not make the same mistakes they did.

So though a child should not be proud of the act that landed a parent in prison, if the parent has truly repented and is trying to walk the right path, there is no reason for that child to not be proud of the parent and have as much of relationship as possible with that parent.

justjess

Superstar
When my wife and I did prison ministry in Angola Maximum Security Prison in Louisiana, the chaplin used to tell the inmates all the time the only difference between him and them, is they got caught. Granted that's a simplification, but we have all done bad things. Many of the prisoners we ministered truly had a changed heart and many loved God genuinely. And no it wasn't an act by the inmate hoping to look good so they could get out on parole as at the time (don't know if it's still true) 95% of the inmates at the prison were never going to see the outside of that prison. Most of them stilled loved their families and regretted what they did and would do anything to encourage their own children to not make the same mistakes they did.

So though a child should not be proud of the act that landed a parent in prison, if the parent has truly repented and is trying to walk the right path, there is no reason for that child to not be proud of the parent and have as much of relationship as possible with that parent.
I did all sorts of research regarding children of incarcerated parents when I was in school.. it was my statistics project and my thesis.

When they are denied a relationship with their incarcerated parent or they are made to disavow it be embarrassed or shamed due to them.. the outcomes for those children significantly worsen.

When my husband was incarcerated I made sure he saw his son every other weekend, there was money on the phone so they could speak daily and that it was made perfectly clear that people make mistakes and just because you do a bad thing doesn’t mean you are a bad person. I did this above the objections of my own Christian family who seemed to have entirely missed what Jesus says about sinners and those in prison. It was better for my son, and it was better for my husband who by maintaining strong family ties was able to successfully reintegrate instead of going straight back to prison within a year or two as most typically do.

Regardless of how someone feels about the “criminal” the bottom line is most are parents and their children are innocent and need support. It is a sad world when we deny such a basic need due to our own discomfort or self righteousness.

And for the record that minister was absolutely correct. The vast majority of us have done something which could have landed us in prison at some point in our lives - smoke a joint, drive tipsy, inadvertently forget to pay for a snickers at the checkout, get in a fist fight... whatever. I could have been in prison a million times if I’m being honest. By the grace of god and my parents bank account I got by.

Apparently watching two people walk down the aisle for 3 seconds is "graphic content" for the poor children's eyes. That's the extent of the "gay themes" in this Arthur episode. Just because they happen to both be male characters doesn't mean that it's somehow "inappropriate content". Nothing developmentally inappropriate for a young child was shown. Children go to weddings all the time, weddings are not graphic or sexual. I personally went to a couple of (straight) weddings when I was quite young... guess what, nothing happened. I didn't view anything that was inappropriate for my age. The Arthur episode doesn't even show an entire wedding in the first place... the characters literally only walk down the aisle, and it later cuts to them dancing on the dance floor for a second.
You are completely missing the point.

Weddings are not inappropriate for kid shows—-but anything involving homosexuality IS inappropriate.

It is meant to “normal”ize homosexuality—-something that is ABNORMAL.

You know perfectly well that the agenda is in place.

It is confusion, and God (our Creator Who showed us the model for marriage through Adam & Eve/one man and one woman) is NOT the author of confusion.

Lisa

Superstar
no one draws a line in the sand, and no one puts their foot down, once and for all.
Well I think they heavily attack anyone who does try to put their foot down. Look at Georgia, they passed the legislation about abortion and now Hollywood has been talking about not filming there anymore. Or they call you names like you’re a homophobe, etc. I think it’s hard to swim upstream after awhile for people, no one wants to look bad.

mecca

Superstar
Like poly said, it’s the idea that is abhorrent, and they are indoctrinating kids with this stuff.
What idea? Gay people exist... that's a fact, not an idea. They are regular people that you might meet in your day to day life, that's a fact.
a MAN...with broad shoulders to hold you, some chest hair to run your fingers through, strong arms, and, well—to be blunt—a firm penis & a nice pair of balls.

A woman has none of that, and cannot give a woman anything she doesn’t already have herself.
... No one asked about your sexual fantasies. And someone doesn't know how gay people work. A gay woman would not want to be in a relationship with a man... the whole point is that she has those feelings for women. The way you feel about men is how a gay woman feels about women or how a gay man also feels about men. You're heterosexual, you like men. I already understand that, you don't have to describe it... but not everyone happens to be heterosexual... who cares? You can't force people who are different from you to be exactly like you just because you don't understand them or you can't relate to them in one area.

I don't relate to the love/attraction that straight men and gay women feel for women, but I certainly don't hate them for it. I don't believe that they should be discriminated against just because they experience something that's different from my own experience. It's absurd that you hate a group of people for such a small and harmless part of who they are.

You can't discriminate against people just because you're prejudiced against them anyway. Gay people exist and they have just as much of a right to be on TV as straight people. No matter how much it upsets you, LGBT people will still exist in the world, that's just a reality that you have to get over. If you're incapable of coping with the existence of gay people on TV, that's a problem that you need to resolve within yourself. It's not healthy for you to be so obsessed and consumed with contempt for random innocent people.
Weddings are not inappropriate for kid shows—-but anything involving homosexuality IS inappropriate.
The existence of gay people is not "inappropriate". Simply having the basic knowledge of the existence of gay people is not dangerous either. Gay people are not somehow harmful by their mere existence in the world. They are a part of our society which means that they will occasionally appear on TV... they're not going to become invisible just because you have a problem with seeing them and you think they're odd. And there's nothing inappropriate or harmful for a child at a wedding whether it's straight or gay.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Well I think they heavily attack anyone who does try to put their foot down. Look at Georgia, they passed the legislation about abortion and now Hollywood has been talking about not filming there anymore. Or they call you names like you’re a homophobe, etc. I think it’s hard to swim upstream after awhile for people, no one wants to look bad.

its more about people having no backbone than their fear of looking bad. its simple really: stick to your guns. never apologize for being honest and right, no matter how unpopular.

Yes, that’s a classic psy-op attack orchestrated by the homo fascists.

They know many people seek to please men more than God, and will compromise their beliefs out of fear of not going along with the crowd, or will question their own convictions because they aren’t firmly rooted in their beliefs or sense of moral absolutes.

Problem is, it just doesn’t work for those of us who recognize their strategic attacks and couldn’t care less if people hate us or drag our name through the mud.

At the end of the day, and the end of our life, it means absolutely NOTHING if the world hates us for our beliefs, which are based on what GOD says is right or wrong.

Life is not a popularity contest, and I would rather look back & know that I stood up for what is right in the eyes of God & was hated by the world for it, than to bow my knee to Baal just to appease man.

Seriously, WHO CARES if people get offended or call you names because you refuse to approve of their perversions? I don’t...It doesn’t affect me at all; I still sleep like a baby at night.

THEY are the ones putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. THEY are the ones who are deceived about what is right & what is wrong.

Those of us who are trusting in God, Who CANNOT lie, know the TRUTH.

We can try to show them their error, and if they refuse to believe the truth, it is by their own freewill, and to their own detriment.

6EDA7B7C-73ED-4CD1-B2D3-3CEA62F9DAAB.jpeg

Lisa

Superstar
its more about people having no backbone than their fear of looking bad. its simple really: stick to your guns. never apologize for being honest and right, no matter how unpopular.
Sounds like it could have something to do with fear of looking bad?

Lisa

Superstar
Yes, that’s a classic psy-op attack orchestrated by the homo fascists.

They know many people seek to please men more than God, and will compromise their beliefs out of fear of not going along with the crowd, or will question their own convictions because they aren’t firmly rooted in their beliefs or sense of moral absolutes.

Problem is, it just doesn’t work for those of us who recognize their strategic attacks and couldn’t care less if people hate us or drag our name through the mud.

At the end of the day, and the end of our life, it means absolutely NOTHING if the world hates us for our beliefs, which are based on what GOD says is right or wrong.

Life is not a popularity contest, and I would rather look back & know that I stood up for what is right in the eyes of God & was hated by the world for it, than to bow my knee to Baal just to appease man.

Seriously, WHO CARES if people get offended or call you names because you refuse to approve of their perversions? I don’t...It doesn’t affect me at all; I still sleep like a baby at night.

THEY are the ones putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. THEY are the ones who are deceived about what is right & what is wrong.

Those of us who are trusting in God, Who CANNOT lie, know the TRUTH.

We can try to show them their error, and if they refuse to believe the truth, it is by their own freewill, and to their own detriment.

View attachment 23003
Well...I think many people, even Christians would rather go along and get along than cause problems that results in them being ostracized. That seems to be human nature anyway...we aren’t called sheep for nothing.

I think you’re not an average person then..and you seem somewhat prideful when you talk like that and in a sense it’s hard for me to believe that you have no problem calling people out on their perversions and in another sense the way you talk about ‘homos’...I guess it’s possible. You don’t sound like you care for people’s souls when you talk like that.

saki

Star
My Little Pony: Children’s cartoon debuts lesbian ponies

Popular children’s television show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will introduce their young viewers to a lesbian couple in an upcoming episode titled, The Last Crusade.
Aunty Holiday and Auntie Lofty first made an appearance in the book Ponyville Mysteries: Riddle of the Rusty Horseshoe back in 2017.
At the time, Michael Vogel, one of the writers, shared an image of the “cute couple” on Twitter. When asked if the two female ponies were lesbians, Vogel replied: “Well they aren’t sisters so…”

When asked again if he was saying they were actually lesbians, Vogel went on to clarify: “When I say ‘cute couple’ I’m saying that Aunt Holiday and Auntie Lofty are a cute couple. Yes.”
On Monday Vogel celebrated the inclusion of the lesbian characters in the upcoming episode by saying, he and the two other writers are “doin’ what we can to bring EQuality to EQuestria! #PrideMonth”

The decision to write a lesbian couple into the story comes a month after PBS aired an episode of Arthur featuring the same-sex wedding of one of the show’s popular characters.
These writers have an agenda. They’re entirely open about that fact. They want our kids to think as they do and we give them that platform and influence every time we allow them to entertain our children.
The days of innocent children’s cartoons are officially over. Sadly, it has been for a while now. More than ever, parents need to be aware of what their children are watching and the messages that are being communicated through seemingly innocent, children’s programs.

justjess

Superstar
All these cartoons are doing is showing gay people exist. That is all. They aren’t showing sex or sexual activity. I think this is being blown out of proportion...

You can’t keep children from the knowledge gay people simply exist. And since they do and aren’t hiding in their closets anymore... it wouldn’t kill us to teach our kids they are just people and should be treated the same as everyone else.

polymoog

Superstar
All these cartoons are doing is showing gay people exist. That is all. They aren’t showing sex or sexual activity. I think this is being blown out of proportion...

You can’t keep children from the knowledge gay people simply exist. And since they do and aren’t hiding in their closets anymore... it wouldn’t kill us to teach our kids they are just people and should be treated the same as everyone else.

the problem is not that gay people exist-- its the cartoons need to wear their sexuality on their sleeve in these cartoons. kids need to know NOTHING about sexuality at that age. it shouldnt even remotely enter their mind-- its a time for their innocence, not about concerning themselves with gender politics.
how far would you like to go with this, by the way? would you like intersex characters in the cartoons? how trans-racial or trans-species cartoon characters?
politicizing childrens cartoons is wrong.