Anyone watch Midsommar?

Freaky movie and super symbolic. I don’t normally go for horror but watched it against my better judgement. Wondering if anyone else here has...wish VC wounding an article about it.

Hon33

Veteran
I have seen it. Yes, it was super weird. That’s the genre of movie it was though, so I expected it to be.

I have seen it. Yes, it was super weird. That’s the genre of movie it was though, so I expected it to be.
Yeah - with the extensive use of ruins and magic I thought it’d be a good movie for VC to cover- also it was super popular

The Zone

Star
There is a story within the story with concern to initiations using sigil magick in the movie which some call Chaos Magick. The symbology is hard at work normalizing the old ways of pagan worship. It is also from the guys who did Hereditary and the studio which produced Witch and many other upcoming occult-related films. There is a big push for acceptance of nature witchery in Hollywood or to bring the old Gods back.

There is a story within the story with concern to initiations using sigil magick in the movie which some call Chaos Magick. The symbology is hard at work normalizing the old ways of pagan worship. It is also from the guys who did Hereditary and the studio which produced Witch and many other upcoming occult-related films. There is a big push for acceptance of nature witchery in Hollywood or to bring the old Gods back.
Yeah definitely- it’s clear the movie is pushing paganism and to get people “used” to it so to speak. There were so many disturbing scenes in that movie I literally felt violated after watching it. I was really mad at myself for watching it - I should’ve known better.

Span_

This is like the director’s 3rd biggest production I think? He made another movie called hereditary and it was about a demon and being possessed, so I wasn’t surprised when he made another movie like that.

This is like the director’s 3rd biggest production I think? He made another movie called hereditary and it was about a demon and being possessed, so I wasn’t surprised when he made another movie like that.
Oh geez those types of movies creep me out the most! I’m glad I never watched Hereditary. Unfortunately I watched the Exorcist when I was like 10 and it practically scarred me for life - I remember being literally frozen in fear when I watched that!

Oh geez those types of movies creep me out the most! I’m glad I never watched Hereditary. Unfortunately I watched the Exorcist when I was like 10 and it practically scarred me for life - I remember being literally frozen in fear when I watched that!
I think there were a lot of subliminals in Midsommar much like in the Exorcist

~JC~

Veteran
Yep, I saw it after watching an analysis about it on a page I follow called “scariest movie ever”

It was a creepy, cult-like, campy film.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I really wonder why they had to put this scene in this show. Really, I saw it yesterday and it really bugged me off, the show is so good, why do they have to push this?

They even have the whole damn may queen thing and all. The opening itself is creepy AF and now we have this, I had small Midsommar flashbacks watching this thing.

~JC~

Veteran
I really wonder why they had to put this scene in this show. Really, I saw it yesterday and it really bugged me off, the show is so good, why do they have to push this?

They even have the whole damn may queen thing and all. The opening itself is creepy AF and now we have this, I had small Midsommar flashbacks watching this thing.
Here is another interpretation in the movie "The Witch" <-- this sht creeped me the f out.

<SPOILER>

~JC~

Veteran
@~JC~ & @Mr.Anderson
Could ya'll describe these creepy scenes, I'm curious, but too fearful to actually watch them :eek:
....thanks...
This could explain it a bit:

Here's one blurb:
"...“The red tent [menstrual tradition] and moon lodges grew in popularity as a sacred space for women and girls to affirm their spirituality and sexuality, and to heal from the wounds of patriarchy [through connecting with each other],” she says. "

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
@~JC~ Floating people / objects are never a good sign.

@VigCizMember Anne with an E is on netflix, Midsommar is on prime video.

@2cool4thisplanet at midsommar they have the may pole dance, that is basically the same thing that people on Anne with an E are doing, except a bit more elaborate (and way more gorier). The Anne with an E opening despict paintings of Anne in the middle of a creepy forest covered in golden butterflies and dried grass while the song plays.

The girls do that beltane ritual because grown ups told them lies and half truths on how babies are born, and they are afraid that if they dance with the boys they'll get pregnant without consentment, then anne suggests doing the beltane ritual so they can get control of their bodies. The whole scene out of place. It's like "hey, we ran out of eggs. let's summon a devil"

@~JC~ Floating people / objects are never a good sign.

@VigCizMember Anne with an E is on netflix, Midsommar is on prime video.

@2cool4thisplanet at midsommar they have the may pole dance, that is basically the same thing that people on Anne with an E are doing, except a bit more elaborate (and way more gorier). The Anne with an E opening despict paintings of Anne in the middle of a creepy forest covered in golden butterflies and dried grass while the song plays.

The girls do that beltane ritual because grown ups told them lies and half truths on how babies are born, and they are afraid that if they dance with the boys they'll get pregnant without consentment, then anne suggests doing the beltane ritual so they can get control of their bodies. The whole scene out of place. It's like "hey, we ran out of eggs. let's summon a devil"
Thanks! I was asking about Netflix since they are the devil. Edward Bernays’ nephew runs it ran Netflix so there you go - it’s a big propaganda machine

Vulpesrex

Rookie
Here is another interpretation in the movie "The Witch" <-- this sht creeped me the f out.

<SPOILER>
Myself and two friends watched The Witch when it came out on Redbox and both me and one of my friends had similar demonic nightmares that night even tho the movie wasn't that scary. That one was also endorsed by the satanic temple. We got the DVD out of the house as fast as we could and it would not surprise me if there's some messed up subliminal messaging in it that caused the nightmares. Don't watch it.