Anyone Here Ever Experimented With Lsd/dmt?

williejonesjr

Veteran
Oh yeah. I did one time in the the 90's. I did half a hit of triple dipped of white blotter. Then I accidentally spit it out. So I did another half a hit. I "tripped balls" for 3 days & had residual effects for a few weeks after (trails).

I don't recommend it to anyone.
Don't do drugs, y'all.

tanayahenry

Rookie
Oh yeah. I did one time in the the 90's. I did half a hit of triple dipped of white blotter. Then I accidentally spit it out. So I did another half a hit. I "tripped balls" for 3 days & had residual effects for a few weeks after (trails).

I don't recommend it to anyone.
Don't do drugs, y'all.
I was super curious. I don't personally know anyone that's tried it but I've read a few testimonies that swear the post-affects are longterm. Did you suffer with depression/anxiety after?

Violette

Star
I've done lsd, shrooms, and DMT. They're eye opening for sure..some trips I learned a lot and some I just giggled and had fun. DMT is the most powerful but it only lasts a few minutes. I prefer shrooms out of the three but I don't trip at all anymore. Towards the end of my psychedelic shenanigans I started to see weird things...I had a tapestry in my room and saw something reaching for me out of it. My sun tapestry was always looking at me from any angle in the room. All art I've seen while tripping becomes alive with motion. You can see and hear more detailed things that already exist while tripping it's crazy.

Better leave those experiences for the afterlife guys.

Like really we all know how pleasurable theses things are but are they good for our material and spiritual health?

I guess everybody must have gotten high on some kind of drugs at some point in their lives but to what avail? It's not worth it as it never lasts.

TMT

Star
LSD once 95% of it was amazing, near the end I smoked some weed out of a bong and got real paranoid walked out of the house and ceased to exist. After i came back i was real paranoid for about an hour before I started coming down.

Shrooms once, real milld some good visuals no paranoia.

There is this place in Arizona where you can legally take peyote, I might do that some day.

Ive done LSD, Shrooms, and some research chemicals that I dont know the names of, 2c-something or other. I dont promote it tho. It might be fun while it lasts, but it wont ever fill you or answer any questions you might be seeking, nor better your life or situation in anyway. Believe me I tried it all and in the end it just leaves you emptier than before.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Ive done LSD, Shrooms, and some research chemicals that I dont know the names of, 2c-something or other. I dont promote it tho. It might be fun while it lasts, but it wont ever fill you or answer any questions you might be seeking, nor better your life or situation in anyway. Believe me I tried it all and in the end it just leaves you emptier than before.
On chasing things that don't satisfy...

"It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased."

C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory, and Other Addresses

Pomegranate

Rookie
I've tripped on LSD a few times.

The first couple of times I did it, it was in "search of answers". With the brain producing so much euphoria and making objects seem like they're "breathing", any thought or idea can prove to be profound.

Then, I simply did it to enjoy the special effects. Once on a sunny-blue skied day, I laid prone on a pool's diving board. I had head phones playing music. And, I was dipping my finger into the water, watching the reflection of ripples at the bottom of the pool engulf my entire visual field.

Except for one bad trip, LSD was fun. But, I realized it's not much different than sitting in front of a television for a few hours. You're simply giving up the real world for something that is not real. So, I stopped.

umphreak

Established
I was actually a bit of an acidhead when I was in my late teens-early 20's. I probably took LSD 20 or more times. My experiences with it were all over the map. I had some trips that were super fun, some that were highly uncomfortable, and some where I had deep realizations and experiences of being one with the Creator and all things. A lot of times it was a mix of all three. The thing about acid is that everything depends on your baseline psychological health level and the environment you take them in. If you are relatively happy and stress-free, with no major problems in your life, and you take it in a beautiful and comfortable environment with people who you love and trust, basically if you feel safe, then you are almost bound to have an overall positive experience (provided you don't take too much, that is - with psychedelics, less is more). But if you have major issues in your life, are in a stressful or overwhelming environment or are with unsupportive people, those become the focus of your trip.

On the other hand, in a sense every acid trip I took was beneficial in some way. It forces you to come to terms with the state of your life. It brings things to the forefront that your ego would rather keep buried. Acid trips last a very long time (up to 24 hours), that's a LONG time to reflect on aspects of your personality and your life that may be difficult to confront! That's why LSD can make people who are prone to certain types of mental illness go off the deep end - the realizations they have are too much for them to bear. When I was in my acid phase I was certainly not the epitome of mental health, but even the most uncomfortable experiences I had with it definitely yielded some sort of useful truth, even if it was just that all the people I hung out with back then were egotistical assholes.

Then there were the times that I sat and meditated for what seemed like hours, feeling totally in tune with my surroundings, with my true nature, with God. And times that I wept with sadness and joy at the same time, deeply feeling the plight of humanity and grieving for our collective "fall". And times when my friends and I had epic hacky sack sessions where we seemed to defy the laws of gravity (believe it or not, I was significantly better at hacking when I was on acid!).

For me, the big downsides with LSD were the extremely long duration of the experience, the shitty people I constantly seemed to be surrounded with, and.....this may be unique to me, because I've never found anyone else who had this issue, but especially towards the beginning of the trip I would get this awful sensation where I literally couldn't tell if I had to pee or not! I basically felt like I had to go all the time, but when I would go to the bathroom nothing would happen. It was very disconcerting and gave me a lot of anxiety because I felt like I was constantly on the verge of peeing my pants.

So I've also tried shrooms, Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds (which contain LSA), and salvia. I had nothing but bad experiences with all of these things. Shrooms always had a very "dark" feel to them that I just did not like. Thankfully they do not last anywhere near as long as LSD. I only took them a few times, and all of my trips were "bad". The woodrose seeds I only took once, and I took way too much! Interestingly, I had the same issue with the peeing thing, times 100! I had a horrible time which culminated in me puking all over myself. Salvia, for me, is the worst. More than any other plant or drug, salvia seems to have a personality, and it does NOT like me and I do NOT like it! It has almost a demonic vibe to it for me. A salvia trip is probably closer to what most people are imagining when they think of hallucinogenic drugs. I've done it twice, and both times the instant that I exhaled the smoke, I was like "crap, why did I just do that?" Fortunately the trip only lasts like 5-10 minutes, but time is all distorted on salvia. 5 minutes can seem like an hour. The experiences you have on salvia are nearly impossible to explain to others. The last time I did it, I literally saw AND felt all of the furniture in the room around me morphing into my body! I was running in circles trying to get away from it. Not cool. Then again, other people have totally different experiences with salvia - for some it is totally euphoric and pleasant. Definitely not for me though.

As far as any residual effects, flashbacks are definitely a myth. I've never had anything like that happen. I do know one person who took a lot of acid back in the 70's who claims acid gave him what he calls "eyelid movies" - when he closes his eyes, he sees images and scenes. He says they're not bothersome in any way, just entertaining. The only thing I could say I took with me from those experiences with acid is a sort of unshakeable optimism that I never had before. Before acid I was a pessimist. Life seemed pointless, and I spent my days mostly wallowing in self-loathing. Acid forced me to see the truth that it was a choice to live this way, and that God is real and the source of existence. It showed me the incredible beauty of the way all things fit together, even the things that appear "bad" from our subjective point of view. It's been almost seven years since I last took acid, and I have no desire to do it or any other psychedelic ever again. I feel they have nothing more to offer me. Sure, it can be fun, but taking acid is not primarily about having fun, and people who treat it as though that's what it's all about are bound to overdo it and have a traumatic experience. I would not reccomend acid to anyone unless I was sure that they were in the right state of mind and in a supportive environment. It's something that should not be taken lightly, but at the same time it can be an incredible therapeutic tool.

umphreak

Established
Oh, and one more thing I'd like to mention for anyone who might be considering taking acid......the effect of increasing dose is exponential, not linear. In other words, two hits is not twice as strong as one hit, it's a lot more than twice as strong. Remember, less is always more! Also, it takes awhile for the effects to come on. If you've taken acid, ALWAYS wait at least two hours before taking more, even if you think you're not feeling it and need a stronger dose. People could save themselves a lot of trouble if they would remember these two things.

Imma save this drug abuse thingy for life after death

The life of this world is getting too evil to be indulging in such recreational activities

May Almighty God Protect us all

tanayahenry

Rookie
@umphreak Gracias for your lengthy response. I've always been curious, though not enough to wish to try it, and no one around me has taken anything like it for me to truly inquire and pose questions. Sounds like your experiences weren't too bad, though. But I understand it's varies from person to person. You've definitely informed me on quite a bit, so, thanks!

I think I'll just stick to weed, however.