Anyone heard of Tuplas?

phipps

Star
Never mind. This is going too far off-topic anyway. It’s a picture of Zechariah burning incense in the temple and the angel Gabriel shows up. Luke 1 by the way. Most people don’t understand that these incense offerings mentioned in the Bible were accompanied by the priest entering a deep meditative trance
Priests did not go into trances. Meditation in the Bible is not the same as meditating like the pagans that God banned the Israelites from.

sim hae

Established
Riiiiiight... and in your bible they only burn incense in the temple because it smells nice and freshens the air.
[Exo 25:22] And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

[Lev 16:13] And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not.

They burned incense to obscure the mercy seat from the priest, to protect him from the presence of God.