Anybody Here Not Religious But Spiritual?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Oh, please. You're "religious"...UNLESS...you can quote from...Gita. Here's an example:

"When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness."

Krishna, Bhagavad Gita
If believing this makes me "religious" that that is a title I am proud to wear...

Zoidberg

Established
Just coming in here.

It's impossible to make people convert their religions. Their religion has been with them ever since they probably grew up. People have their preferences of who formulated the universe and world.

Alanantic

Star
Just coming in here.

It's impossible to make people convert their religions. Their religion has been with them ever since they probably grew up. People have their preferences of who formulated the universe and world.
I agree. So now I say (and this is quite recent for me), "go for it"! All Life grows. Use "nurture", not force.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It's not how you've become proud, it's WHY... It stumps me, so I'm thinking...kinda like a Zen Koan.
You can be "proud" to of your country, not because you have contributed anything to your national identity, but because of your admiration of the qualities exemplified in your country. If I feel any pride at all, it is in the Kingdom I belong to and in the Lord I serve.

Alanantic

Star
It's not how you've become proud, it's WHY... It stumps me, so I'm thinking...kinda like a Zen Koan.
Oh! So not SELF pride, nobody likes that, you're "proud of"...who, Jesus? Before you said, "I am proud of,..."

See how confusing that is?

You can't be spiritual and not be religious.
Afterall, if you're spiritual you live by a certain code..and that code is a religion in itself..it's a commitment, a focus, way of living...that is religion.