Any vegetarians or vegans here?

moodychick

Established
For any vegetarians or vegans, try to eat more real protein like chickpeas, legumes, nuts, quinoa, seeds and less so-called meat. Nothing defeats true food sources.

ARose

Established
When I was 11, I became a pescatarian and shortly after, a Lacto-ovo vegetarian. I’ve spent a year as a strict vegan in the past but I’ve never stopped being a vegetarian since I was a child. I cook meat for family and friends, though. I just personally choose not to eat it.

I have friends who are farmers, hunters and homesteaders who actually share the same views of respect for life, animal dignity, intolerance for cruelty and we only diverge in opinion at the point of slaughter.

I felt compelled to do it for a couple of reasons.I was a sensitive child and struggled with slaughter and I live in an affluent enough society that I wasn’t challenged in a state of absolute poverty, where eating a meal can be the line between life and death.

I am not an activist, except in contacting companies about animal testing for the sake of cosmetics. Torturing a living thing for the sake of shallow, human vanity is just inherently, indisputably wrong, in my mind.

However, I think harming people and destroying property over a “cause” negates any good you were hoping to communicate and actually makes these types of radicals poison to a cause. You can’t use Satan’s way to attain outcomes worthy of God’s love.

I sincerely don’t feel judgement of others over it, though because I think we each must be true to what God inspires in us, for whatever purpose or task pleasing to him and Jesus ate fish while on Earth. It was acknowledged as an experience of life on Earth. Life consumes life to maintain life.

It’s not a moral competition, it’s being true to what you think God wants you, you alone, to do. The Bible is an instruction to ourselves, to be utilized internally, shared honestly when asked (evangelize with honest representation of scripture even if it’s hard to hear but with love and humility, not superiority), to be spoken through action — through the biblically lived life not as justification for humans claiming the place of God in judgement. It should guide how we behave in the world not used as a weapon of domination.

As an example of a vegetarian following Christ, Saint Francis certainly didn’t consider himself morally superior to Jesus. He became a vegetarian because God set him to task to serve God in that way.

This world is complex but it is not the end. We should feel both humility and awe in that. God made a variety of people because that variety is needed as a full expression of himself.

Last edited:
Interesting thread...
My experience/thoughts:

I was vegetarian, practically vegan from about 2011 to 2017 or so. By practically vegan i mean I consumed honey as a sweetener, rare occasional cheese, unpasteurized milk, or egg. By rare i mean less than once a month on average. No processed food or "fake meats", all whole foods, lots of quinoa and lentils. Did the whole "raw vegan" thing for about a year or so as well.

I'm "lucky" in the sense that under normal (not pregnant) conditions i don't actually crave meat, and if i could survive off just fruit 100% I would be happy. What I'm saying is that i got a bit of a rush out of the fact that i could do something that so many see as "difficult", not eating meat. So many people would constantly tell me that they wished they could do it. It's stupid, but at the time i really liked the ego boost, i dont feel that way now...

But, i fall into the category of 'it destroyed my health'. I noticed that it was next to impossible to put on muscle, my hair didn't fall out thankfully but it wasn't growing either, and most importantly, it made me temporarily infertile. Thankfully, this was reversed by adding meat to my diet.

I do think that this fits into the depopulation agenda. There is SO MUCH propaganda about how a plant based diet is healthier, and I've even seen it be recommended as a way to increase fertility. While i'm sure there are some people that thrive off a vegetarian diet, it is not ALL people, and possibly not even a majority. I believe there is a eugenics component in the depopulation agenda, perhaps they would prefer to depopulate those of us that can't survive off only plants?

I've read that the healthiest diet in the world is to eat meat and eggs 3-4 times a week, and eat vegan the rest of the time. I havent tested this out on myself, but i could see it being true. I think most of the health problems that get associated with both meat eating and veganism, with the exception of actual allergies, are due more to excess than meat being unhealthy or necessary daily. The nutrients from animal products tend to be fat soluble, so the body retains them and doesnt need a daily influx of them, unlike water soluble nutrients that are constantly leaving the body and need to be replenished.

Also, i LOLd at the idea of asking a nutritionist. My sister in law is a nutritionist, she's morbidly obese, and even though she knows about protein and carbs she doesnt read labels and eats msg and high fructose corn syrup regularly. Every oher nutritionist ive met in real life has been overweight. Id rather take my chances doing my own research than ask a nutritionist lol.

I wonder what they will call people who eat bugs. Bugarians? I have always eaten whatever is available that tastes good and appears healthy. I get concerned when people start appearing a little too interested in what I am eating. The fact that I am eating is all I care about. Food is made to eat not to be debated. Why aren't people just thankful to have something to eat instead of turning it into some kind of pseudo religious ceremony. Look at China and other places where people are eating household pets. I draw the line at people eating cats and dogs. And if people are eating animals treat them humanely. Let's not forget we are at the top of the food chain. But I do see a lot of people who take food for granted and have no gratitude or subhumans who consume plates of chicken wings while watching football and who seem like gluttons and pigs. So many of those types now. The whole fast food industry has grown into a monster. An extremely large portion of society are heathens who believe in nothing and a detriment to our resources. They consume crappy movies and video games. Support crappy music companies and sports stadiums. They turning the world into crap. An act of God is necessary to eliminate the possibility of world destruction by the inhumans that have taken over. The elites are bad news but a lot of people are just as bad as them if not worse. It's like some kind of bizarre yin yang.

Busbyx

Rookie
I followed vegetarian diet but not long. I indeed feel that it's good for my body, I feel light, not sleepy, more energetic. I still sometimes follow some vegetarian diet plans like https://betterme.world/articles/30-day-salad-diet/ from time to time. However, I can't cope with the meat cravings lol.

Last edited:

LizBasil

Rookie
I bought a bottle of body wash the other day and it said it was vegan. Why would I care I don't plan on drinking it. Just another gimmick ?
supposedly, "vegan" equals "cruelty-free", meaning that it wasn't tested on animals.

fun fact: i read an article saying that plans do SCREAM when they're being cut, but they do it at super high frequencies so us humans we can't hear them. so, yeah, 'cruelty-free' may actually be huge bulshit
--------------------------------

hi there, joining the thread.
i'm not a vegan, but a Christian who does fasting and follows the Lent, meaning that i'm close to what a vegan is for two thirds of the year. we don't eat animal foods because we want to cleanse our bodies and spirits of gluttony, first and foremost. because too much food, especially high protein foods like meats will also make your body more responsive to urges and temptations. less killing and less blood spilled are an important factor too.

i hate how veganism is promoted as an agenda. making your body weaker. mil3y cyru5 (not the most creditable person, i know, but she's a former famous vegan who promoted this lifestyle very much) said she gave up veganism because the lack of nutrients are can only be found in animal food WAS MESSING UP WITH HER BRAIN.

supposedly, "vegan" equals "cruelty-free", meaning that it wasn't tested on animals.

fun fact: i read an article saying that plans do SCREAM when they're being cut, but they do it at super high frequencies so us humans we can't hear them. so, yeah, 'cruelty-free' may actually be huge bulshit
--------------------------------

hi there, joining the thread.
i'm not a vegan, but a Christian who does fasting and follows the Lent, meaning that i'm close to what a vegan is for two thirds of the year. we don't eat animal foods because we want to cleanse our bodies and spirits of gluttony, first and foremost. because too much food, especially high protein foods like meats will also make your body more responsive to urges and temptations. less killing and less blood spilled are an important factor too.

i hate how veganism is promoted as an agenda. making your body weaker. mil3y cyru5 (not the most creditable person, i know, but she's a former famous vegan who promoted this lifestyle very much) said she gave up veganism because the lack of nutrients are can only be found in animal food WAS MESSING UP WITH HER BRAIN.
Safe to say no matter what Miley Cyrus eats her brain will stay the same LOL.

I bought a bottle of body wash the other day and it said it was vegan. Why would I care I don't plan on drinking it. Just another gimmick ?
I think that for people that identify as "vegan", not just eat a plant based diet, they refuse to use products that were tested on or came from animals, not just for eating but for everything.

The contradiction comes in when they throw away perfectly good leather goods (it won't bring the animal back from the dead...) and buy brand new plastic items that are often less environmentally friendly and wear out faster and and have to be replaced more often...

Even when i was eating vegan i never understood the contradictory ideology part.

ARose

Established
I’ve heard all the jokes and can anticipate about 100 more, so y’all can tease and tease all you want. My stride abides :).

What I will say: In human history, meat has always been a high cost, high investment food. You either exerted calories stalking and hunting or you invested a portion of your humble, hard earned/farmed grain towards fattening an animal intended for slaughter.

This puts the “fatted calf” talked about in “The Prodigal Son” into perspective. The Fatted Calf was livestock of the highest investment, something that could be sold for a great deal of money or would show as a very luxurious gift for a celebration feast.

When a family did get meat, it was often from a lean game animal or was about 1/3 to even 1/4 the size of the poultry and livestock people eat today. Often a small round of meat was spread throughout a pie or stew, so that the most people in a family could get a taste of it during a meal.

This is why poaching was such a big deal in many kingdoms of history: Meat access = Wealth and power. Owning animals that could be hunted for their meat was considered an indicator of wealth and prestige.

A King having a feast was a way of displaying power. Ever more elaborate engastration displays would be created, one King trying to one-up another, as a way of showing attendees just how much meat they could have access to at a moment’s notice, like stating “I can have meat, stuffing meat, stuffing meat with the click of my fingers.”

In a present day when many people in The West keep watch on calories to avoid eating too many, imagine having to budget enough food to track a stag across a wood and ride a horse for days, just to get some meat.

If what we have been told about our history is not a total lie, having access to cheap, abundant meat is a relatively new development for humanity.

Roots, grains and specifically seasonal produce was often about 80% of your meal, with perhaps some scraped salted fish flakes or some dried/smoked jerky game flakes added.

What has access to lots of cheap meat meant for human development? There are multiple theories, including a belief that access to an abundance of meat has resulted in bigger brains, which is presumed to mean we got smarter. Have we? Have we really?

Regardless, I don’t think it’s completely accurate to state that vegetarianism is a curiosity of our time that defies human nature and history. Perhaps the conscious identity is something very new but most humans throughout time ate mostly vegetarian diets; albeit, not intentionally or preferably.

Last edited:

MonBra

Rookie
I'm not against vegetarian diets. Actually, it's up to people what to eat. I also read that such a diet is good for diabetics. Did anyone try it exactly for this purpose? What was the result?

I also read that such a diet is good for diabetics. Did anyone try it exactly for this purpose? What was the result?
While i don't have any personal experience w type 1 or 2 diabetes, i have way too much experience with gestational diabetes (diet controlled w no meds or insulin) so I'll answer based on that.

In short, it makes no sense how vegetarianism/veganism would help diabetes in the long term. ALL fruits, starchy vegetables, and plant sources of protein (legumes, grains, nuts) contain a substantial amount of carbs, which break down to sugar. So that leaves non starchy vegetables (spinach, lettuce, kale, chard, that kind of stuff) which would not provide enough calories to survive without including some animal protein.

So in the short term, as a way of losing weight which contributes to type 2 diabetes in many cases, it may help, but in the long run would lead to calorie deficit starvation.

In my honest opinion, articles that claim avoiding meat is good for diabetics are just propaganda and part of the no meat agenda.

I have seen lots of videos showing a keto/high protein low carb diet as being the best for controlling glucose levels. I have tried a low carb high animal protein (yet not keto) diet to manage my gestational diabetes through 3 pregnancies with good results. When not pregnant i return to mostly plant based but do eat meat as well.

If i find it again I'll come back and edit but i watched this video that said testing blood insulin levels (as opposed to glucose) is a good way of finding out one's risk for diabetes or if one is already prediabetic. Something about how the body keeps cranking out insulin in excess amounts so for a long time the blood glucose levels stay stable even though the body is getting overstresed. Good luck getting a dr to agree to test for blood insulin though, because most of the time the end goal is to get everyone dependent on pharmaceuticals.

Also, while on the topic, i was researching and i found out that once diagnosed even if the glucose levels stay normal without any form of medication it is impossible to get rid of the dignosis because it's considered "not curable ". Which is ridiculous.

Simka

Established
I'm not against vegetarian diets. Actually, it's up to people what to eat. I also read that such a diet is good for diabetics. Did anyone try it exactly for this purpose? What was the result?
My Mom has Type 2 diabetes. It took her time to manage the condition. She worked hard to lose weight, and I'm glad she decided to buy Victoza online and give it a try as it helped her lose several pounds and lower her blood sugar level. Speaking about nutrition plans, she is not vegetarian or vegan, but food products like vegetables, fruits, and grains take up the most significant part of her diet, so I think vegetarian and vegan diets fit well with the dietary guidelines for people with diabetes.

Last edited:
Even on a forum about the truth, we still see people feeding into fads.
Sadly enough, even the so called "vegan" or "diet" foods you all refer to are contaminated. The soil is damaged by the chemtrails, even some of the seeds we purchase to grow our food probably has chemicals in it. I don't see this obsession over veganism or any other stupid fad diet. It's the end times, anyway, why not live a little and eat even just a bit of food that makes us feel happy? Some of us don't exactly have the most exciting lives and willpower to eat food that doesn't taste good and doesn't fill us up, especially if we are poor.
Wish more people understood this more..sorry to any of those this may upset, it's not my intention. It's just horrible to see this kind of stuff where some of us are trying to escape it.
It's a good thing to remember that all these fad diets are coming directly from the elites themselves. They are the ones that are in control of the medias and having them post countless articles on how we should eat. Just food for thought, pun totally intended.