Any vegetarians or vegans here?

manama

Star
I have seen some studies that are finding out that consuming too much milk can actually have a negative effect on calcium levels. Drinking a lot of milk actually starts to deplete your calcium. And exercise is supposedly the main thing that strengthens bones.
Your body maintains its own cycle, replacing old material with new one. However, not drinking milk at all seems like a way to spend your old age on wheel chair. Too much of anything is bad. There is a reason "balanced diet" is mentioned by professionals every 2 second

Dairy products increase the acidity of your blood and thus calcium compounds (from your bones) are dissolved into the blood in order to neutralize it. Because of this, when I used to consume dairy products my calcium levels were always dangerously low. But if I don't consume any dairy my blood tests will show high calcium levels.
The countries that are the biggest consumers of dairy have the highest rates of osteoporosis, while the countries with the lowest consumption of dairy products have the lowest incidence of osteoporosis. Coincidence?
Depends on the dairy products. Is milk even an acidic food?

manama

Star
So, i checked and apparently its a theory? not even a theory actually, its a hypothesis with no scientific facts, evidences and experiments to back it up. Nice, good ol vcf

yannick

Veteran
I would love to be a vegetarian but not a vegan though since, according to some little research on my own, Thanks and Praises Be To God,

Differences Between Vegan and Vegetarian. ...

Some vegetarians also exclude dairy, some don't, and some may consume eggs. Likewise, vegans avoid meat, poultry, and seafood, but they also take it a step further by eliminating all animal products from their diet. This includes any type of animal milk and eggs. Dec 4, 2015

Vegan vs. Vegetarian: Differences and Similarities
https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/vegan-vs-vegetarian/

vegan-vs-vegetarian.jpg

manama

Star
I would love to be a vegetarian but not a vegan though since, according to some little research on my own, Thanks and Praises Be To God,

Some vegetarians also exclude dairy, some don't, and some may consume eggs. Likewise, vegansavoid meat, poultry, and seafood, but they also take it a step further by eliminating all animal products from their diet. This includes any type of animal milk and eggs.Dec 4, 2015

What is the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan?

The former doesn't eat meat, the latter is a moron.

-Gandhi 6000BC

fire009_Flyer

Established

Some vegetarians also exclude dairy, some don't, and some may consume eggs. Likewise, vegans avoid meat, poultry, and seafood, but they also take it a step further by eliminating all animal products from their diet. This includes any type of animal milk and eggs. Dec 4, 2015

What kind of vegetarian would you like to be?

mecca

Superstar
However, not drinking milk at all seems like a way to spend your old age on wheel chair. Too much of anything is bad. There is a reason "balanced diet" is mentioned by professionals every 2 second
Yeah, that's true, too much of anything does become harmful. But a balanced diet certainly does not necessitate drinking milk. Calcium can easily be obtained from other sources. And studies are showing that exercise is the main thing that strengthens your bones, not milk... so if you don't want to be in a wheel chair, exercise is probably the best thing. Other studies are showing that milk actually might have a negative effect. But there's no consensus on whether milk depletes calcium or not sadly. I think the best option would be to obtain calcium form a variety of sources and don't only rely on milk if you're a milk drinker.

Last edited:

yannick

Veteran
What kind of vegetarian would you like to be?
One that doesn't eat meat at all I guess. I mean like considering the sacrifice of Abraham you know? He was asked to sacrifice the thing he loved the most at the time for the sake of God as a trial from Him since Only He Truly Deserves to be loved as much as can be and as Abraham in his old age got a son so unexpectedly and started to love him so much so that he started to slightly forget that Only God Truly Deserves that much love, God Tested him by asking him to sacrifice his son as a Command from Him that should simply be obeyed if Abraham truly believes in God and loves Him more than anything else.

Qur'an Chapter 14 (Chapter of Abraham) Verse 6

And when Moses said to his people, 'Remember God's blessing upon you when He delivered you from the folk of Pharaoh, who were visiting you with evil chastisement, slaughtering your sons, and sparing your women -- and in that was a grievous trial from your Lord.

Firstly, it is God's Blessing that one should be spared from any tyrant's tyranny. Secondly, it is still God's Blessing to be blessed with any offspring. Thirdly, what a greater miracle to be blessed with a son at the old age of 86! So it was a great trial indeed to be asked to sacrifice his son and he passed the test by showing that he was willing to do it and so did his son who told him that if that was the Will of God, then so it should be and that his father should do as he was Commanded to.

The knife didn't cut his son's throat when he tried to cut his throat as another miracle from God since Abraham passed the test and thus his son was replaced with a ram.

But today, I believe we aren't even sacrificing the thing we all love the most, which is money, right? So why do we even spend money to buy meat which so many of us just love to eat so much? Is that really a sacrifice? Wouldn't that money rather be spent to eradicate poverty or to spread goodness on Earth rather? That's why I opt to be a vegetarian. Otherwise, if I raise my own cattle, then once a while it wouldn't hurt to commemorate the sacrifice of Abraham since it is Only God Who Can Grant death, everything else only being instruments beneath His Power (remember the knife which didn't cut Abraham's son's throat when he was really about to sacrifice him).

P.s. Sorry for the long post, but I hope it answers the question.

manama

Star
Yeah, that's true, too much of anything does become harmful. But a balanced diet certainly does not necessitate drinking milk. Calcium can easily be obtained from other sources. And studies are showing that exercise is the main thing that strengthens your bones, not milk... so if you don't want to be in a wheel chair, exercise is probably the best thing. Other studies are showing that milk actually might have a negative effect. But there's no consensus on whether milk depletes calcium or not sadly. I think the best option would be to obtain calcium form a variety of sources and don't only rely on milk if you're a milk drinker.
Going for alternatives especially things like supplements is the most harmful thing you can do to your body. You can't say "Exercise is what makes your bones healthy and not milk". Literally NO good trainer or nutritionist would ever tell you that. Diet IS part of your exercises. "Do this, eat that" thats how it always is. Milk has so many benefits other than just providing you with calcium, its rich in other minerals, it gives you vitamin D and it prevents so many diseases.

Damien50

Star
Going for alternatives especially things like supplements is the most harmful thing you can do to your body. You can't say "Exercise is what makes your bones healthy and not milk". Literally NO good trainer or nutritionist would ever tell you that. Diet IS part of your exercises. "Do this, eat that" thats how it always is. Milk has so many benefits other than just providing you with calcium, its rich in other minerals, it gives you vitamin D and it prevents so many diseases.
Typically strength training with methods like progressive overload will increase bone density but for the training to be effective, as you said, diet is the most important factor and most trainers will say it accounts for 80% of any athletes physical regimen. I agree with you there but I disagree on the supplements because not everyone absorbs everything from food like iron or vitamin D and supplements in different forms usually help.

manama

Star
I agree with you there but I disagree on the supplements because not everyone absorbs everything from food like iron or vitamin D and supplements in different forms usually help.
Ofcourse those are exceptions, we aren't talking about those exceptions. There are people who are lactose intolerant too.
Supplements are best made for those people and that is why anyone over 30-35+ is told to take supplements (mostly slower metabolism reasons).

It becomes a problem when people think that supplements are alternatives for food because they are not.

mecca

Superstar
Going for alternatives especially things like supplements is the most harmful thing you can do to your body... Milk has so many benefits other than just providing you with calcium, its rich in other minerals, it gives you vitamin D and it prevents so many diseases.
I didn't say anything about "alternatives or supplements". I said the best option would be to get your calcium from a variety of sources and not just milk. Milk is not the sole source of calcium... if it was, then all adult mammalian animals (besides humans) would be deficient in it because they stop drinking milk when they become adults... but they're not deficient. Calcium naturally occurs in a lot of vegetables so eating those is not an alternative source or a supplement, it's just another very common way that you get calcium in your diet. Milk isn't a necessity, everything you can get from milk, you can also get from other sources of food. As long as you're getting the proper amount of nutrients, you should be healthy.
You can't say "Exercise is what makes your bones healthy and not milk". Literally NO good trainer or nutritionist would ever tell you that. Diet IS part of your exercises. "Do this, eat that" thats how it always is.
Studies are showing that the main thing that strengthens your bones is exercise... milk itself doesn't help your bones and could actually have a negative effect. I never said that diet isn't important either, but it has nothing to do with milk. If you have no deficiencies and you're eating a balanced diet with all of the nutrients you need and you are exercising on top of that, the exercise is what will strengthen your bones and prevent fractures in old age, not the amount or calcium or milk you're consuming. The proper amount of calcium is necessary for the overall health of your body and there are plenty of calcium rich foods that you can have in your diet without drinking any milk. Again, milk itself is not a necessity.

And Supplements are not harmful btw, they can be useful if you need certain vitamins in supplementation with your diet. Supplements aren't bad, they can improve people's health.

Last edited:

manama

Star
I didn't say anything about "alternatives or supplements". I said the best option would be to get your calcium from a variety of sources and not just milk. Milk is not the sole source of calcium... if it was, then all adult mammalian animals (besides humans) would be deficient in it because they stop drinking milk when they become adults... but they're not deficient. Calcium naturally occurs in a lot of vegetables so eating those is not an alternative source or a supplement, it's just another very common way that you get calcium in your diet. Milk isn't a necessity, everything you can get from milk, you can also get from other sources of food. As long as you're getting the proper amount of nutrients, you should be healthy.
There is something called "the best source" and again milk doesn't only contain calcium. It is the best source for alot of other things.

Studies are showing that the main thing that strengthens your bones is exercise... milk itself doesn't help your bones and could actually have a negative effect. I never said that diet isn't important either, but it has nothing to do with milk. If you have no deficiencies and you're eating a balanced diet with all of the nutrients you need and you are exercising on top of that, the exercise is what will strengthen your bones and prevent fractures in old age, not the amount or calcium or milk you're consuming. The proper amount of calcium is necessary for the overall health of your body and there are plenty of calcium rich foods that you can have in your diet without drinking any milk. Again, milk itself is not a necessity.
The only time i have heard about these "Studies" is on vcf. And again, diet is a part of exercise. If you go to a nutrionist or hire a proper trainer, the first thing they do is give you a diet plan.

And Supplements are not harmful btw, they can be useful if you need certain vitamins in supplementation with your diet. Supplements aren't bad, they can improve people's health.
If you "NEED" them.
Taking supplements first of all does absolutely nothing because they need food to work with. If you cut out fats, carbs and dairy from your life, don't expect vitamin supplements to do anything other than eat up your money.
Supplements ARE harmful. Unless you absolutely need supplements for a certain thing as prescribed by your doctor btw, you are going to have a hard time and many disorders and a terrible metabolism.

mecca

Superstar
There is something called "the best source" and again milk doesn't only contain calcium. It is the best source for alot of other things.
That's just your opinion... there are foods that provide more calcium than milk. Chia seeds are just one example, they contain more calcium than milk and they have an abundance of other vitamins and minerals in them as well. You can easily get calcium and other vitamins/minerals from different foods besides milk and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Milk isn't what's best for everyone... you're ignoring a whole lot of people (the majority of the human population) who are lactose intolerant and can't even drink it. There are also people who simply don't want to drink it... and like I said, milk is not a necessity so there is absolutely nothing wrong with excluding it from your diet or getting the majority of your calcium elsewhere. There are plenty of calcium rich foods that people eat to get the proper amount of calcium and other minerals, no one needs to drink milk. Many people do not have milk as a key component of their diet (whether they're vegan or not)... and they get their calcium from plant foods. The majority of people don't even get all of their calcium and vitamins from milk in the first place, they also eat other foods.

If you want to dink milk, that's fine but you can't pretend like everyone has to or that it's somehow unhealthy not to... that's just absurdity.
The only time i have heard about these "Studies" is on vcf. And again, diet is a part of exercise. If you go to a nutrionist or hire a proper trainer, the first thing they do is give you a diet plan.
Maybe you should research it then... Regardless of if exercise is the most important factor in bone strength or not, milk is still not the only source of calcium and people are easily able to get enough calcium and minerals from other foods if they want/need to... it's not a problem. And I never said that diet wasn't an important component to exercise so I don't see why you keep bringing that up. That's not even very relevant to my initial claim.
If you "NEED" them.
Taking supplements first of all does absolutely nothing because they need food to work with. If you cut out fats, carbs and dairy from your life, don't expect vitamin supplements to do anything other than eat up your money.
Supplements ARE harmful. Unless you absolutely need supplements for a certain thing as prescribed by your doctor btw, you are going to have a hard time and many disorders and a terrible metabolism.
Yeah, that's what I said... supplements are good if you need certain vitamins in supplementation with your diet. That's what they're made for... I don't see what you're arguing against.

Why do you keep bringing up supplements? I was never talking about supplements in the first place so I don't see how they are relevant to anything I've said. You randomly brought it up but it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
Imagine going vegan or whatever to live "Healthy" and have a "natural diet", only to cut out the best and most ancient source of good health and shoving in pills.
Lol, you keep operating off of the assumption that milk is necessary but it simply isn't. A vegan would replace the nutrients they might get from milk with plant foods that actually offer more or the same level of nutrients, not pills. Some people simply do not drink milk... it's not a big deal and it's not unhealthy at all. Also, milk being "ancient" doesn't matter.

Last edited:

manama

Star
That's just your opinion... there are foods that provide more calcium than milk. Chia seeds are just one example, they contain more calcium than milk and they have an abundance of other vitamins and minerals in them as well. You can easily get calcium and other vitamins/minerals from different foods besides milk and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Milk isn't what's best for everyone... you're ignoring a whole lot of people (the majority of the human population) who are lactose intolerant and can't even drink it. There are also people who simply don't want to drink it... and like I said, milk is not a necessity so there is absolutely nothing wrong with excluding it from your diet or getting the majority of your calcium elsewhere. There are plenty of calcium rich foods that people eat to get the proper amount of calcium and other minerals, no one needs to drink milk. Many people do not have milk as a key component of their diet and they get their calcium from plant foods.

If you want to dink milk, that's fine but you can't pretend like everyone has to or that it's somehow unhealthy not to... that's just absurdity.
What is with bringing in the minority or the exceptions to justify their points. We are NOT talking about those exceptions, i already mentioned those before. No fucking shit there are people who can't drink milk that isn't the point.
Its almost as dumb as someone talking about the benefits of ANYTHING or even peanuts and someone going "well im allergic to peanuts" okay then Patricia don't eat it. wtf.

Yeah, that's what I said... supplements are good if you need certain vitamins in supplementation with your diet. That's what they're made for... I don't see what you're arguing against.

Why do you keep bringing up supplements? I was never talking about supplements in the first place so I don't see how they are relevant to anything I've said. You randomly brought it up but it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
You said veganism is healthy and people can just replace the stuff they can't get from normal food, with supplements. So...

Maybe you should research it then... Regardless of if exercise is the most important factor in bone strength, milk is still not the only source of calcium and people are easily able to get enough calcium and minerals from other foods if they want/need to. And I never said that diet wasn't an important component to exercise so I don't see why you keep bringing that up. That's not even very relevant to my initial claim.
Again, like i said million times before, milk has more to it than JUST calcium. It prevents so many diseases other than providing you with vitamins, calcium and alot of other minerals.
Milk = calcium would only be said by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Maybe you should research it then...
Maybe YOU should research it then. Like i already said, i looked it up and it was a hypothesis with NO scientific evidence, experiments or facts to back it up. It can not be even called a theory considering how weak it is.

mecca

Superstar
What is with bringing in the minority or the exceptions to justify their points. We are NOT talking about those exceptions, i already mentioned those before. No fucking shit there are people who can't drink milk that isn't the point.
Its almost as dumb as someone talking about the benefits of ANYTHING or even peanuts and someone going "well im allergic to peanuts" okay then Patricia don't eat it. wtf.
What exceptions? People who are not lactose intolerant are the exception. The majority of the human population is lactose intolerant. Did you even read my comment before replying to me?

Regardless, lactose intolerant people are not the central topic that I was discussing. I simply stated a fact... milk is not necessary in a balanced diet, you can easily obtain your nutrients from other food sources besides milk. Milk is just one single option out of many options of foods that provide calcium and other minerals/vitamins. There are a lot of people who (for various reasons) simply want to choose a different option and it is perfectly healthy to do so. You can easily have the proper levels of calcium and vitamins without incorporating milk into your diet because milk is not necessary to be healthy.
You said veganism is healthy and people can just replace the stuff they can't get from normal food, with supplements. So...
I didn't say anything about supplements... I was talking about plant sources of calcium and other vitamins/minerals, not supplements. You were the one who randomly brought up supplements even though it had nothing to do with what I said. Vegans get their calcium and other vitamins/minerals from plants, not supplements in the first place.
Again, like i said million times before, milk has more to it than JUST calcium.
I have already addressed that... it really has nothing to do with what I was saying anyway. I feel like you didn't read a single word I wrote.

I just told you that people can get the same level of nutrients from other foods besides milk. There are many foods that are naturally rich in calcium as well as the other minerals and vitamins that milk contains. It literally does not matter that milk has more than just calcium... You can easily get every nutrient you find in milk from other foods. Milk is not a necessity for health... this is a simple concept that you should be able to get.

As I sad before, If you want to drink milk, that's fine, but you can't pretend like every other person has to drink milk in order to be healthy... that's just not true.

Last edited:

manama

Star
Vegans get their calcium and other vitamins/minerals from plants, not supplements in the first place.
Lol no they don't.

What exceptions? People who are not lactose intolerant are the exception. The majority of the human population is lactose intolerant. Regardless, lactose intolerant people are not the central topic that I was discussing. I simply stated a fact... milk is not necessary in a balanced diet, you can easily obtain your nutrients from other food sources besides milk. Milk is just one single option out of many options of foods that provide calcium and other minerals/vitamins. There are a lot of people who simply want to choose a different option and it is perfectly healthy to do so. You can easily have the proper levels of calcium and vitamins without incorporating milk into your diet because milk is not necessary to be healthy.
No shit Mecca, if someone can't digest something and will get a reaction from it, they shouldn't eat it. Lactose intolerance and allergies are not the freaking point. Ofcourse if you can't eat something, you'll adjust your diet to fit to that. If i can't eat peanuts, i won't eat them. That doesn't make them harmful on their own right or make them not have any benefits.
People with lactose intolerance can and do eat other dairy products even if they can't straight up drink milk. Althrough there are exceptions based on severity.

I have already addressed that... it really has nothing to do with what I was saying anyway.
The entire thing started because you said that according to "Studies" milk depletes calcium from the bone. And then you said milk is not what makes bones healthy, exercise does.

I just told you those studies are bs because they can either "not be found" or they are simply hypothesis that are embarassing to look at. And I said that exercise doesn't matter because exercise does nothing on its own unless you have a diet to go with it. And even a kid knows that milk is the best thing to drink for healthy bones.

Humans aren't meant to survive on just plants, we aren't evolved in that manner. Even if someone cuts out meat from their diet, they have to keep dairy in or switch to supplements. Thats how it is. Like i said, there is something called the "Best source". Many foods may contain, lets say, potassium. But some foods are rich to the point one meal is enough to fulfil your requirements for maybe a month where others can not even fulfil your requirements for a day.

mecca

Superstar
Lol no they don't.
And why would you think that? Do you not understand that there is an abundance of calcium and mineral rich plants that people eat? Leafy green vegetables like collard greens for example are a great source of calcium. People eat those plants and they get calcium and various other nutrients from them. Vegans eat those plants... there entire diet consists of plant foods and that's where they get their calcium and other nutrients. This is a basic fact. Please understand that milk is not the only food that contains calcium/other minerals.
Lactose intolerance and allergies are not the freaking point.
I didn't say anything about allergies... again, you were the one who randomly brought that up even though it's irrelevant to what I said. And lactose intolerant people are certainly a part of the point... The people who are lactose intolerant and can't drink milk (who are the majority of people in the world) can still have a perfectly balanced diet with the correct amount of calcium and all of the other minerals and vitamins because they can get those nutrients from different foods besides milk. And if you're not lactose intolerant and simply choose not to drink milk, you can still do the exact same thing. Don't you understand this? You're acting like people can't be healthy without having milk in their diet, but that's a demonstrably false idea.

People get the same nutrients that are found in milk, from other sources that are not milk itself... because milk is not the necessary source for those nutrients. There are various foods that contain the same nutrients as milk and it is perfectly healthy to consume those foods instead of consuming milk. As long as you have a balanced diet with the proper amount of nutrients, then your diet is healthy. Milk is not a necessary component of a healthy diet.... claiming that it is would be false.

Last edited: