Any satanists here?

I feel that this is something that needs to be clarified. I don't think that others are understanding what you mean when you mention idolatry. If you externally personify God, that is the very definition of idolatry.
Indeed.

Anything or anyone we hold as higher than ones self is an idolatry.

The only idolatry I allow myself is women and children. All men should think this way.

I agree with your other points.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Joshua 24:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:

[or even just the myth as the self as god]

but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

JoChris

Superstar
So you crave being exalted, Oh Great one. How droll, and pathetic.

You have nothing that a god would want.

Regards
DL
Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Now that is love. Unthinkable to Satan, wasn't it?

DevaWolf

Veteran
Well, you may find out soon enough what is myth and what is the truth...all I can say is that the second death is true and it awaits to those who do not believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God.
If you have no arguments, threaten them with death and torment. Has proven to be a very effective converting strategy, I'll give you that.

Won't work on me though.

Lisa

Superstar
Satan is a metaphor for evil inclinations, majority of Jews understand this. It’s a shame it developed into a literal supernatural being. The Bishop is right though, if we’re going on the assumption that God and Satan are literal beings, God is clearly the evil one
Satan is an actual being...a fallen angel. I think you’re confusing satan with God..satan is evil and God can’t be, He is good.

Lisa

Superstar
Nah. God’s death toll is the millions. Satan what a handful if that? Satan also didn’t create people and then damn them for eternity to a torture dimension if they didn’t follow the right religion. What you call good is evil, but that’s evident by all your beliefs Lisa.

“Too stupid to call themselves evil, so they call themselves heroes”
God’s death toll is in the million’s eh? Satan who lies and deceives people..making sure that people are headed to the lake of fire has had his hand in making sure more than millions die in the second death...quite evil!!

That’s right, God created people and they were living the perfect life in the perfect world until they sinned against God. The God who warned them what would happen if they are from the only tree they weren’t allowed to eat from. Yet even when they did, He helped them by covering them and making them leave Eden. He even dealt kindly with the killer Cain. Then later on His Son died for all sins while we were still sinners to reconcile us to the Father and save us from that curse..the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. While satan is here to lie to people and wreck their lives so they don’t get salvation from God..who’s the evil one here then?

Cintra

Star
Yes.

No I don’t. Why would I? That’s ancient and destructive superstition.
No, you should believe or not believe what ever seems right to you.
Just being clear about what you are saying.

I don't disagee.
I don't hold any beliefs, as such. All the evidence is too contradictory and confused.

But I know that evil and good exist. I have seen and experienced them both.
I have seen huge acts of kindness and generosity done in the name of god, but I have also seen acts of hate and violence done in god's name too.

Aero

Superstar
No I picked it because it is the plague deity and you know the times. Plus that game was fun and if you chose an evil human character you worshipped him and lived under Freeport and had to sneak around.
Bertox was an interesting diety no doubt. I was always partial to Rallos Zek (God of War) though. And yes, it was a fun game. I still play my bard and shadowknight sometimes.

Back to your previous point though. If we are talking hypotheticals I would like to ask a question. Would you consider "nature" as acts from God? Take a hurricane for example. A hurricane doesn't think, it doesn't know anything, or have feelings. It destroys without conscious, therefore it cannot be evil.

In essence, I'm saying that as far as human understanding goes, God is both sides of the good/evil coin.

Cintra

Star
Although, in the interests of clarity, I have to say that I see satanists as choosing the name that has evil connotations.

Therefore aligning themselves with what is commonly considered to be evil.

The Satanic Temple, for instance, while making a political point and claiming to be athiests, are firmly wedded to to the name 'Satan' and to the symbols, emblems and acts associated with the medieval concept of the devil.

Furthermore, I feel that their particular creed of human as god, lessens the transcendental nature of existence, lessens all of us.

That atheistic/humanist world view is (in my experience) a cold and empty experience. Ultimately hollow, selfish, and self-destructive.

Furthermore, I do not believe that athiesic Satanists are atheists. While I would not presume to know the mind of someone such as Lucien Greaves, they seem to practice, or at least encourage, a personalisation of 'satan', with black masses and salutes of Hail Satan.

Yes, its all very post-ironic trolling, and their antics are very funny sometimes. But underneath it all I seem to perceive something more. Something which would be an actual belief system, something with as many 'Thou shalt not's' as the bible.
Something just as repressive, if not more.

So, in case anyone was wondering, satanism? No, I don't believe in that either. Theistic or atheistic.