Any online videochat groups to talk CT?

StarGate

Rookie
Are there any out there to discuss conspiracy theories? By zoom or any other platform? From people over here or elsewhere?

Thanks.

recure

Established
I'd be hesitant to discuss such things on just any platform. Zoom for instance doesn't have end-to-end encrypted communications for free users in order to make FBI snooping easier. They also lied about the nature of their encryption algorithm. The same can be said for most other popular communications clients.

recure

Established
Would you say the same thing applies to message boards?
It depends on the kind of information that is gathered about you and how this information is used. I suggest always reading the privacy policy as it's all in there. To use this forum's policy as an example, it lists what is collected about you: your username, e-mail address, IP address, and whatever else you choose to share (i.e. in your bio or posts). Obviously your posts will be public but your e-mail and IP address are only accessible to the site admin. However, this is what we would call "personally identifiable information" as, depending on whether you use your real e-mail and IP address, or even profile picture, it can potentially be traced to your real identity.

Other websites might go so far as to download extra information such as your entire browsing history, open tabs, and even bookmarks. The information collected about you can also be sold to third parties for "marketing purposes" as is often stated in the privacy policies of many mainstream platforms. Or, it can be collected by third parties themselves via advertisements and cookies which allows for "cross-site tracking". To give you another example, a random website you visit might have a Facebook tracking cookie because it contains a "Share on Facebook" button; that cookie will collect information about you such as your IP address, now if you have a Facebook account connected to your real identity and you use the same IP address to log into said account, the FBI (Facebook, Inc.) will know who was browsing that website.

The Agrarian

Veteran
>videochat
>2021

Bruh, anyone who hasn't put duct tape over their laptop cam by now has to be living under a rock. The only reason people even use Zoom is if they have a desk-job that requires it because lockdowns.

StarGate

Rookie
I dunno, I thought it'd be cool to have a session with the people from here.

Also, no need to cover your laptop cam, just close the lid.

The Agrarian

Veteran
I dunno, I thought it'd be cool to have a session with the people from here.

Also, no need to cover your laptop cam, just close the lid.
I mean. I agree. Only if everyone TOR's up their computers and wears a voice-masker.
Can't be too careful.

John K.

Rookie
I'd be hesitant to discuss such things on just any platform. Zoom for instance doesn't have end-to-end encrypted communications for free users in order to make FBI snooping easier. They also lied about the nature of their encryption algorithm. The same can be said for most other popular communications clients.
Are you crazy? Zoom take photos of your face in the first 15 second on the video call , in order to create a map of your face , and save your lovely face in the data base.

So, my respond is No.

Btw, is suspicious your proposal.

Last edited: