Any Christian/Gospel music fans here?

OceanWaves

Established
If so, who are some of your favorites? I've been posting some Christian/Gospel music here on the site since, I joined, but it seems like I'm the only one, at least that I'm aware of.

saki

Star
...now... promise you won't laff......:p:D;)
...my Dad was a lifelong Country Music fan... (Hank WIlliams, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens etc).....
...accordingly.. we were tuned into the old Hee Haw music/variety show every week.....
...lotta campy, lame jokes and skits with music.... kinda like a 'chicken-fried' version of Saturday Night Live......
...one of my favorite segments every week was when the Hee Haw Gospel Quartet would do a segment.....
...awesome gospel songs, in four part harmony....
...gave me an appreciation for gospel as a powerful, and moving, music form... even as a young lad.....
...loved it ever since.... even tho I spent most of my child/young adulthood distracted by popular music.....

The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet
History
The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet featured four performers of the country music variety show Hee Haw. Each week, the show would include a segment featuring the quartet singing a gospel song. Several recordings were released by the quartet over the years.
1607545801317.png

saki

Star
...and one more, while I'm at it.....
...if you aren't familiar with Vince Gill... he's a world class guitarist.... even was invited by Mark Knopfler to join Dire Straits... in recognition of Vince's talent with a fretboard and six strings....
...Vince had to decline... as he had just inked a recording contract with MCA Records.....
...here he is, in his beyond-awesome den/trophy room/man-cave.... with a group of young award-winning songwriters...
...notice the massive number of collector-level guitars in the background.... amazing....
....the choice of song should be familiar to anyone on this thread....;)

OceanWaves

Established
...and one more, while I'm at it.....
...if you aren't familiar with Vince Gill... he's a world class guitarist.... even was invited by Mark Knopfler to join Dire Straits... in recognition of Vince's talent with a fretboard and six strings....
...Vince had to decline... as he had just inked a recording contract with MCA Records.....
...here he is, in his beyond-awesome den/trophy room/man-cave.... with a group of young award-winning songwriters...
...notice the massive number of collector-level guitars in the background.... amazing....
....the choice of song should be familiar to anyone on this thread....;)
I have loved Vince Gill for years. Great singer!

Maes17

Superstar
Does christian rock count?
I grew up on Thousand foot krutch in high school

OceanWaves

Established
Does christian rock count?
I grew up on Thousand foot krutch in high school
If that's what you like, then of course you can tell us about the songs you like. I'm personally not a fan of Christian rock or secular rock, myself. I've never been a rock fan. But if that's what you like, feel free to tell us about the songs you like.

Tidal

Star
In 'Suppertime' Johnny Cash likens dying as being called to that great suppertime in the sky..

Maes17

Superstar
If that's what you like, then of course you can tell us about the songs you like. I'm personally not a fan of Christian rock or secular rock, myself. I've never been a rock fan. But if that's what you like, feel free to tell us about the songs you like.
Naw. Don’t want to put a wrench in the flow of the thread