Anxiety treatment center conspiracy

polymoog

Superstar
how was this treatment concluded? did they give you solutions on what to do afterwards on your own?
have you considered getting involved in a group meeting with individuals with the same problem?

have you considered EFT?

elsbet

Superstar
how was this treatment concluded? did they give you solutions on what to do afterwards on your own?
have you considered getting involved in a group meeting with individuals with the same problem?
This ^^^
Group therapy can work wonders if a person wants to recover and is motivated to do so. Idk why, but it does... maybe something do with everyone being afflicted and learning from each other, not to mention an actual support system. You certainly are not alone!

Look into it, and keep looking, if you don't find the perfect group the first time around.

elsbet

Superstar
Would have to see it in context. Dont remember.
I don't care that much tbh. But it is a favorite soapbox topic of mine... I've seen it, and I've heard about it from good people in the industry, who ended up getting frustrated and then leaving. Kind of a raw deal for everyone.

justjess

Superstar
I don't care that much tbh. But it is a favorite soapbox topic of mine... I've seen it, and I've heard about it from good people in the industry, who ended up getting frustrated and then leaving. Kind of a raw deal for everyone.
Yeah i get it. I ended up not finishing my masters because the small increase in pay didnt justify the loans. Switched to ABA because ib some places they get paid more than phds in psych, where i live being one of those places.

Lonk

Established
A treatment center not being affective at what they're supposed to do =/= a conspiracy, unless you count bad management and a lack of funds (something that, as someone else said in the thread, is unfortunately very common for mental health facilities) a conspiracy.

That being said, look into getting a therapist, and talk to them about Expose And Response Prevention/Therapy (EW&RP). It's generally extremely helpful for people with OCD and may even "cure" them (there is no cure and it technically is chronic, but it may also not be...it depends on whether you can completely stop the obsessive thoughts, which some people can).

Etagloc

Superstar
Honestly, I say just stay away from mental health people. I could go later and post a bunch of evidence and stuff. But to be very brief, I've seen people who went to the mental health people and ended up drugged-up zombies. Those people are just making a bunch of money pushing drugs on people.

I went to the anxiety treatment center to try and get a handle on OCD, but my god are they terrible at it! I have this idea that they really don’t care you treating you, but instead only give us the illusion that we’re being treated
If you go to Burger King, do you get bothered that the the people at Burger King don't care about you? The mental health people are just people doing a job. They don't care about you. They're there to get a paycheck.

Honestly, I say just stay away from mental health people. I could go later and post a bunch of evidence and stuff. But to be very brief, I've seen people who went to the mental health people and ended up drugged-up zombies. Those people are just making a bunch of money pushing drugs on people.

If you go to Burger King, do you get bothered that the the people at Burger King don't care about you? The mental health people are just people doing a job. They don't care about you. They're there to get a paycheck.
You nailed it. I truly feel they don't give a shit.

Lonk

Established

Sorry you've had bad experiences and so have many others but you're extremely foolish to stay away from "mental health people".