Anxiety treatment center conspiracy

I went to the anxiety treatment center to try and get a handle on OCD, but my god are they terrible at it! I have this idea that they really don’t care you treating you, but instead only give us the illusion that we’re being treated

Or that those treatment centers only serve to half ass the treatment and just expect you to do all of it on your own without guidance. Sad really

justjess

Superstar
What exactly did they do with u that didnt work? And how many times did u go?

justjess

Superstar
Every day for how long? That treatment has a very very long slow process

justjess

Superstar
How do you know they dont?

I doubt its a conspiracy, more likely understaffed or unqualifid staff. Common problem with mental health services because the pay is garbage so they cant keep quality people.

I doubt its a conspiracy, more likely understaffed or unqualifid staff. Common problem with mental health services because the pay is garbage so they cant keep quality people.
Because I’ve learned nothing from it. They never taught me how I should go about doing this.

justjess

Superstar
Because I’ve learned nothing from it. They never taught me how I should go about doing this.
That doesnt mean they are teaching it the wrong way necessarily.. what kind of center is this? Is it in group or individual? What kind of clinician runs it?

This is supposed to be a one to one guided gradual intensive process.

That doesnt mean they are teaching it the wrong way necessarily.. what kind of center is this? Is it in group or individual? What kind of clinician runs it?

This is supposed to be a one to one guided gradual intensive process.
Yea they're teaching it wrong because they don't tell me how I should go about with my exposures. They just teach me to try them, but then I'll use them as compulsions and thus relapse. They don't tell me how to effective prevent that. Its a full on clinic, many people.

justjess

Superstar
You arent supposed to attempt controlled exposures without clinical assistance.

Pm me a link to this places website if u dont mind.. or just copy/paste the infor pff it if u dont want me to know name and location

You arent supposed to attempt controlled exposures without clinical assistance.

Pm me a link to this places website if u dont mind.. or just copy/paste the infor pff it if u dont want me to know name and location
And I get it’s a gradual process, but if they don’t teach me it right, it’s not gonna work

Maes17

Superstar
Sounds unqualified and under trained in what they should be helping you in. I believe some even prescribe pills to help you relax. Try not to become a dependent druggie and seek a different facility for OCD/mental health

kittybratxx

Established
What exactly is the cure anyway?
for me it's panic attacks, increased sweating. sometimes i just cant leave the house. but then i force myself into situations that make me uncomfortable then have relapses.. Also is it really anxiety or do you have avoident personality disorder?

What exactly is the cure anyway?
for me it's panic attacks, increased sweating. sometimes i just cant leave the house. but then i force myself into situations that make me uncomfortable then have relapses.. Also is it really anxiety or do you have avoident personality disorder?
I have anxiety. OCD is an anxiety disorder.

elsbet

Superstar

Could have sworn you said that wasn't a problem when I mentioned it in the firearms thread.

elsbet

Superstar
I went to the anxiety treatment center to try and get a handle on OCD, but my god are they terrible at it! I have this idea that they really don’t care you treating you, but instead only give us the illusion that we’re being treated
How long have you been going?