Another Perspective On Lgbtq

mecca

Superstar
Scientifically backed and studied... no, it's really not.
Still... you probably didn't read about the FDA's change in this process, or the linked info you were given. Or the history of other medications that were also scientifically backed and studied, and given to millions of misdiagnosed people before the class action suits hit the courts.
What I was specifically referring to was being gender affirming to transgender people instead of telling them that they're crazy and they need to "get over it" or trying to push them into being something or someone else. You can't force someone into being a gender that they aren't.

I have already previously stated that puberty blockers are a separate more complex topic... it's definitely not a one-note issue. On one hand you have children who are struggling with something very valid and serious in their lives that does need to be addressed, but on the other hand this is a relatively new way of treating them and there are some unknowns because of that. But puberty blockers have been used to help children with precocious puberty for decades and it has continuously been shown to be safe. It simply pauses puberty so it can be resumed at a later date. And people are continuing to study this in relation to transgender adolescents and learning more about it. You should also understand that most transgender children never even take puberty blockers in the first place. Many of them end up waiting until they're older to address their gender dysphoria because blockers are very expensive or they just decided it would be better to wait. Ultimately, it’s a viable path that is beneficial to those who want and are able to take it.

Also, I've already stated that the method of diagnosing transgender people is very thorough and almost no one is misdiagnosed. It is a very easy thing to see in someone if you observe them and ask the correct questions. And the people's who's professional job is to understand and diagnose transgender people are able to easily differentiate between a transgender and a cisgender person.
but that's where you're getting confused. You think its somehow related to this
Lol, I'm not confused about anything. The availability of medical treatment for transgender people is a major thing that allows them to live fruitful and enjoyable lives. I think you're confused about how beneficial it is to them... because you don't think their experiences are valid. You see transitioning as an unnecessary and drastic measure instead of understanding that it is a medical necessity that allows them to live as who they are and actually enjoy their lives instead of feeling like they are constantly living a lie.
Have you done any reading on DES? The cancer-causing, intersex creating drug that was also used on transgenders, at one time?
Yeah the drug was given to pregnant women because they thought it would reduce complications in childbirth and it was also used to treat cancer. It was approved by the FDA but they found out that it had a lot of negative side effects so they stopped using it... that's not evidence of a sinister agenda. That just shows that medicines can be flawed and people can mess up, which everyone already understands.
neurocognitive effects of puberty blockers.
A 2015 study showed no difference in executive functioning between children who are on blockers and children who were not treated with them.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
That's exactly what transgender people try to do though lol.
No, other people try to force transgender people into living as the gender that society sees them as instead of the gender that their brain actually is. Transgender people don’t force anyone to live as a gender that they are not, they are against that because they know what it feels like.

Kung Fu

Superstar
No, other people try to force transgender people into living as the gender that society sees them as instead of the gender that their brain actually is. Transgender people don’t force anyone to live as a gender that they are not, they are against that because they know what it feels like.
LOL!

polymoog

Superstar
at what point do we say, "i understand your brain is telling you that you are a (fill in the blank), but theres something psychologically wrong in your mind?"

mecca

Superstar
at what point do we say, "i understand your brain is telling you that you are a (fill in the blank), but theres something psychologically wrong in your mind?"
You say it when it applies... but in the case of transgender people, it doesn't. They're not just making it all up in their mind. Even if it was purely psychological, the treatment would be the same.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
So schizophrenic people are making it all up?

Sorry to say this Mecca, but you're very deluded. I feel as if you care about the trans community a lot but you're clutching at straws trying to justify it.

mecca

Superstar
No, it is.
That is blatantly false. Being transgender is not a disorder or illness. Gender dysphoria is classified as a disorder because it is extremely distressing, not because of any sort of delusion, it's simply not a delusion. Most transgender people experience gender dysphoria which is "cured" through transitioning... but just being transgender is not the thing that has to, or can be cured. Having a different gender or being "gender nonconforming" is not a disorder or illness... it's not distressing nor is it a problem. The problem is when other people attack them for being different.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
So schizophrenic people are making it all up?

Sorry to say this Mecca, but you're very deluded. I feel as if you care about the trans community a lot but you're clutching at straws trying to justify it.
Lmao, when did I say that? I said that schizophrenia is a psychological disorder (which it is). I would never tell anyone that they are simply making up their experiences (they quite obviously are not)... but schizophrenics are literally seeing and hearing things that are not actually there. That does not mean that they don't experience those things but it does mean that they have a psychological issue. How am I deluded for stating very basic medical facts?
trying to justify it
Justify what? There is nothing to justify... the existence of transgender people is just a part of humanity and nature. All I did was state a proven medical fact... being trans is not a disorder. And again, like I said... even if it was, the treatment would be the same.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
You said they are intrinsically linked together but that ignores the fact that they can be separate from each other.
So you admit assigning a quote to me that I never made in order to advance your false narrative in support of a position which you clearly cannot defend honestly. Got it.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
You have no idea what you're talking about. You sound insane. Some people experience gender dysphoria and are transgender... get over it.
I dont agree with IN much, but they produced facts and studies to source their opinions. If you have the intellectual firepower to dissect their claims, so be it...... but you dodged their cited and sourced contentions and told the poster that they "sounds insane".

Actions such as these discredit any points you feel you are trying to make.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Nice strawman. I don't and have never always assumed that the medical industry or the media are always correct and always in everyone's best interest, nor have I ever claimed anything like that. But being transgender or a part of lgbt has nothing to do with the media... and treatment for transgender individuals is scientifically backed and studied. There's no agenda or sinister plot happening... the reality is that these people are just a part of the human experience and it doesn't have to be a big deal. People don't have to turn things into problems, lgbt individuals should be able to live and enjoy their lives like everyone else without having to face constant ridicule and discrimination for being who they are. There are real problems in this world that people should be focusing on and trying to fix... harmless lgbt people are not one of those problems.
"There's no agenda"
That is completely untrue. As intelligent and as plugged into this topic as you appear to be, Im going to have to assume you are just straight lying to continue defending a position that isnt tangible by logical standards.