Another Perspective On Lgbtq

irrationalNinja

Veteran
But transgender people have existed since the beginning of humanity... it's just a natural part of human diversity. Just one of the ways people can see themselves.

It's not a mutation. It has already been scientifically and medically studied and explained and people are currently learning even more about it and studying more it so they can know the best ways to help transgender people. Transgender people are people who have a girl's brain in a guy's body or a guy's brain in a girl's body, which causes them to feel gender dysphoria, which is stress about their mind and body not matching up. What helps their dysphoria and helps them to live a happy life is transitioning in some way to the gender that their brain sees themselves as.

The current best explanation for why gender dysphoria arises is that it happens when babies are in the womb. During gestation, their brain develops more towards one sex but their body continues to develop towards the opposite sex. Hormones are what shapes the baby's mind and gender identity, so a transgender person who is biologically female would have probably had less estrogen come into contact with their brain in the womb which leads to them feeling more male/masculine and giving them gender dysphoria when they grow up... and the opposite happens for biological males who end up transgender. Studies have shown that transgender people's brains more closely resemble the brains of the gender they see themselves as rather than matching their biological sex.
@mecca
The longer, louder, and more often you post this does not make it true. ;)

mecca

Superstar
@mecca
The longer, louder, and more often you post this does not make it true. ;)
These are simply scientific and medical facts about what being transgender is, what it means, and how it works. This is the reality of the situation and this is what people are experiencing and actual scientists and doctors are studying. You can either gain an understanding or remain ignorant... either way, it's your choice. Denying reality doesn't make your opinion true.

mecca

Superstar
SJWs always project. :p
I'm not an SJW and you can easily study the facts for yourself. Some people have gender dysphoria and the treatment for it is transitioning in some way. Gender dysphoria is simply not a genetic mutation. It probably arises due to prenatal hormones. The reality is that transgender people exist in the world and they are human beings like everyone else... they are just going through something different that most people do not experience but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Devine

Star
But transgender people have existed since the beginning of humanity... it's just a natural part of human diversity. Just one of the ways people can see themselves.

It's not a mutation. It has already been scientifically and medically studied and explained and people are currently learning even more about it and studying more it so they can know the best ways to help transgender people. Transgender people are people who have a girl's brain in a guy's body or a guy's brain in a girl's body, which causes them to feel gender dysphoria, which is stress about their mind and body not matching up. What helps their dysphoria and helps them to live a happy life is transitioning in some way to the gender that their brain sees themselves as.

The current best explanation for why gender dysphoria arises is that it happens when babies are in the womb. During gestation, their brain develops more towards one sex but their body continues to develop towards the opposite sex. Hormones are what shapes the baby's mind and gender identity, so a transgender person who is biologically female would have probably had less estrogen come into contact with their brain in the womb which leads to them feeling more male/masculine and giving them gender dysphoria when they grow up... and the opposite happens for biological males who end up transgender. Studies have shown that transgender people's brains more closely resemble the brains of the gender they see themselves as rather than matching their biological sex.
i think they have always existed, i'm not sure since beginning of time?, as a minute fraction of the population. the numbers/occurance are being greatly exaggerated OR people are rapidly becoming that way on a physical level. but somethin's different. VC has been mentioning it outright a lot, that is an agenda.
but really you lost me at "one of the ways people can see themselves." i have blue eyes, can i "see them" as brown? is that not delusion of the mind?
i would love to see sources on some of this as i was unaware that medical science was anywhere close to being able to draw these definitive conclusions?
and it sound like your actually agreeing with me as if it's related to gestational hormones, surely one would say an Imbalance exists?? perhaps mutation not being the correct scientific term but some sort of deformity what have you?
The more I think about this the more I am confused by your scientific claims considering that in Gay culture, the question as to whether it is something from birth or more from the environment, well isn't that their chicken or egg dilemma? i swear that's not how you spell that isnt it dilemna oh well spell check :)

Devine

Star
its a mix of the following:
soy + estrogen mimicking foods
plasticizers/BPAs or hormone blocking materials
"trendy and cool" due to social brainwashing/propaganda
more naturally occurring gays are willing to leave the closet because its more acceptable (and fashionable)
That's pretty dead on I'd say. I just can't figure out the Why for certain haha

elsbet

Superstar
It makes younger ones confused about their sexuality. Thats just how it is. There are less gays in places where homosexuality isnt promoted, and there are more where its promoted more. Those are facts. People arent born gay or straight. Sexuality is a choice, with the former one having natural aspect, the latter doesnt.
Agree, except for the Sexuality is a choice part-- I'm not a fan of the 'born that way' camp, but I don't believe it's a choice in the same way that I choose Colombian or breakfast blend in the morning.

Seems more like they're made to be that way, whether through abuse or hormones as detailed above. Even preference doesn't really cover it.. its stronger than that . Compulsion may be more appropriate... covers all the bases: mental, physical and spiritual.

mecca

Superstar
i think they have always existed, i'm not sure since beginning of time?
I said since the beginning of humanity. So whenever there is a human population, it is likely that a small minority of them will be transgender because it just naturally occurs in the human population.
but somethin's different. VC has been mentioning it outright a lot, that is an agenda.
Nothing has changed except that there is more awareness now. Before, no one knew what trans people were and trans people were highly stigmatized. Now there is more awareness and people are interested in who trans people are. Trans people are raising more awareness of their struggles and trying to get better treatment in society. Transgender issues have also been somewhat politicized and people are talking about it more... but that doesn't mean that the rates of occurrence have drastically risen and it does not mean that there is some sort of agenda. Transgender people just feel safer to talk about who they are and they now have more options for help. They are still heavily stigmatized though.
but really you lost me at "one of the ways people can see themselves." i have blue eyes, can i "see them" as brown?
There is no state of feeling like you have brown or blue eyes... but people are capable of feeling their gender identity. Gender identity is the way that someone perceives themselves because your brain determines your gender identity. It's a personal conception of your own identity and it describes the way you feel and how you feel comfortable referring to yourself. There is natural variation and diversity of gender in the human population. Eye color is just a phenotype but gender is a mental state.
and it sound like your actually agreeing with me as if it's related to gestational hormones, surely one would say an Imbalance exists?? perhaps mutation not being the correct scientific term but some sort of deformity what have you?
Gender identity is connected with hormones and prenatal hormones influence gender identity, you can google the thing I said about transgender people's brain structures. Natural variations exist and people can end up getting different levels of hormones than what is typical... that factors into why some people end up transgender. It's not a mutation and it's certainly not a made up mental delusion or hallucination, their brains actually are more in tune with their gender identity. When trans people take the hormones of the opposite sex, they feel more mentally secure and comfortable as well... they feel more like themselves. Regardless of exactly how it occurs, it's not a choice for them and they aren't just making everything up... they truly have gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is a scientifically studied and proven phenomenon, it exists. It is a misalignment between biological sex and gender identity. Most people do not have gender dysphoria and that's why it's harder to understand what it's like to feel trapped in the wrong body but that doesn't mean that the people who do experience that are just crazy and making it up.

Last edited:

manama

Star
Agree, except for the Sexuality is a choice part-- I'm not a fan of the 'born that way' camp, but I don't believe it's a choice in the same way that I choose Colombian or breakfast blend in the morning.

Seems more like they're made to be that way, whether through abuse or hormones as detailed above. Even preference doesn't really cover it.. its stronger than that . Compulsion may be more appropriate... covers all the bases: mental, physical and spiritual.
Its preference. Choice is a loose term that can, like you pointed, sound like choosing a breakfast. Preference on the other hand is a more authentic term.

elsbet

Superstar
Its preference. Choice is a loose term that can, like you pointed, sound like choosing a breakfast. Preference on the other hand is a more authentic term.
Maybe you could clarify then. You think it is something well within their control?

I don't know that many gay people, but the ones I do know have experienced their fair share of anguish in relation.. no small matter. Why torture themselves if they could simply choose otherwise?

manama

Star
Maybe you could clarify then. You think it is something well within their control?

I don't know that many gay people, but the ones I do know have experienced their fair share of anguish in relation.. no small matter. Why torture themselves if they could simply choose otherwise?
Clarify what? If you think someone mentions the word "choice" in a context like sexuality, that they mean something like choosing breakfast, its you needs to use common sense. Its a preference, preferences change its influenced through your upbringing and your environments and what not.

polymoog

Superstar
Devin said:
but really you lost me at "one of the ways people can see themselves." i have blue eyes, can i "see them" as brown?

There is no state of feeling like you have brown or blue eyes... but people are capable of feeling their gender identity. Gender identity is the way that someone perceives themselves because your brain determines your gender identity. It's a personal conception of your own identity and it describes the way you feel and how you feel comfortable referring to yourself. There is natural variation and diversity of gender in the human population. Eye color is just a phenotype but gender is a mental state.
i dont understand what you mean here with 'feeling'. why couldnt someone "feel" their eyes as brown when they are blue... just like gender identity persons 'feel' differently about their body? must it only be a sexual concept?

elsbet

Superstar
Clarify what? If you think someone mentions the word "choice" in a context like sexuality, that they mean something like choosing breakfast, its you needs to use common sense. Its a preference, preferences change its influenced through your upbringing and your environments and what not.
To your way of thinking... but to answer your question--

I'm asking if you think it is something well within their control? You must, if you call it a preference, I'd think. It's a yes or no question.

mecca

Superstar
i dont understand what you mean here with 'feeling'. why couldnt someone "feel" their eyes as brown when they are blue... just like gender identity persons 'feel' differently about their body? must it only be a sexual concept?
Because eye color isn't connected with your brain and hormones. It's not a part of your personality or state of mind. There's no such thing as eye dysphoria... the way people see their gender can be more complicated than a simple phenotype like eye color. If eye dysphoria was real then it would be possible but it's just not really a thing... it's just not a mental state.
must it only be a sexual concept?
I don't know what you mean by this because eye color is not sexual.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
Gender identity is defined as an inherent, personal, and deeply held sense of one's own identity as a woman or man (or nonbinary). Everyone's brain is telling them that they are a girl or guy... people feel comfortable with identifying as a woman or man because they are in tune with that gender identity, that's who they are and how they see themselves.

Responding with "no" doesn't really mean anything and it doesn't get rid of the things that transgender people go through. Everyone has a gender identity, everyone on this forum has a gender... all of us feel comfortable and happy with calling ourselves guys or girls.

There is an obvious and strong correlation between being born male and identifying as a man and being born female and identifying as a woman but that does not mean that variation does not occur... it does occur, trans and nonbinary people exist as well as intersex people.

Last edited:
When people speak of gender being a social construct or mental state, they are not referring to biological sex.

They are referring to traits that we attribute to biological sex that have nothing to do with genetics.

polymoog

Superstar
Because eye color isn't connected with your brain and hormones. It's not a part of your personality or state of mind. There's no such thing as eye dysphoria... the way people see their gender can be more complicated than a simple phenotype like eye color. If eye dysphoria was real then it would be possible but it's just not really a thing... it's just not a mental state.

I don't know what you mean by this because eye color is not sexual.
ok, so why cannot the eye color be a mental state?