Another gene-therapy Vax?

The Agrarian

Veteran
Indian scientists have created another gene therapy vaccine, this time using new gene-editing technology.

Ask yourself this question:
How many different vaccines does the world need for the supposed same illness?

Playing with fire..

Last edited:

The Agrarian

Veteran
Key quote:

The vaccine was also tested on adolescents 12-18, the first time this has happened in the country.

Zydus claims that the vaccine is 66.6% effective at preventing “symptomatic RT-PCR positive” cases in its interim analysis.

The Agrarian

Veteran
Should we ban Asian countries from making their own medicines and doing their own research just because whities have done it already?
How you deduced that from this article is beyond me. Nice thread jacking.

And no. Nobody should fuck with this CRISPR monstrosity. I'm actually shocked a Western nation didn't create it first just to spite their own population.

manama

Star
How you deduced that from this article is beyond me. Nice thread jacking.

And no. Nobody should fuck with this CRISPR monstrosity. I'm actually shocked a Western nation didn't create it first just to spite their own population.
I am responding to this: "How many different vaccines does the world need for ghe supposed same illness?"

The Agrarian

Veteran
I am responding to this: "How many different vaccines does the world need for ghe supposed same illness?"
This belies the greater question... why so many different kinds of vaccine? If one "works", why the need to recklessly push more experimental variants?

This CRISPR tech scares the hell out of me, ngl. It will not end well for anybody.

Lurking009

Veteran
This belies the greater question... why so many different kinds of vaccine? If one "works", why the need to recklessly push more experimental variants?
I'm holding out for the Principality of Leichtenstein vax or maybe the Faroe Islands vax, myself. It may be a few years but I hear they're gonna be awesome!!

I agree with you that having so many countries jumping in will only make it more confusing and counter-productive on too many levels. Maybe working together to FIX and improve what's already out there would be the smarter choice. Would be nice to have 'life-saving' vaccines that don't, you know, actually kill people.

The EU and U.S. is already grumbling about not allowing UK AstraZeneca vaxxed into their countries [see: brexit punishment]. Now let's move that political drivel onto the world stage with 20 different vaccines from 20 different countries with 20 different political motives and we, the peasants, won't be traveling anywhere. This might be part of the larger goal anyway, so there is that.

Last edited: