Annoying Trends

polymoog

Superstar
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but i don't see the problem with adults playing wih legos and stuff like that (on their own, not in some weird groom-y, excuse to be around children kind of way).
no, im with you on that one. in high school, we pooled all of our legos together (mostly mine, really) and made a huge road layout. it had to be 8 feet by 8 feet. we each met after school and everyone built their own homes and businesses. after a few days, we were able to play. this only worked because we were all good at imagination, coming up with unique voices and personalities for lego people, and making things up as we went along. i was in charge of the building dept (i made a ruling on the width size of lego vehicles-- not to exceed 5 'units' unless it was an emergency or heavy duty vehicle so they would fit on the road), police, court system, bank, and a construction site. another friend had a car dealership... another had a chi-chis restaurant (where he worked at the time, so he reenacted some of that into the play)... another had a KISS concert... another owned a cemetery... early 90s firebirds... i had a grand national... other friend had a mustang GT 5.0...
we had a kidnapping and a murder when an indian friend robbed my bank, then robbed richs chi-chis restaurant. i subsequently arrested his 'guy'. the next day we had a trial where i had to let him go since i forgot to read him his rights. he then kidnapped kens girlfriend from his house and drove off with her, which turned into a huge mad max type of lego car chase in the house.
at some point, there was a riot in town. lots of local businesses were trashed. i forget what the riot was over...

of course it was stupid but it was lots of fun. i miss that a lot! theres absolutely no time to even consider doing that again (everyone moved away anyway)-- theres barely enough time to research all the stuff that needs to be researched on a daily basis.

Line

Established
This is depressing. I know females around my age who still buy toys and stuffed animals. This type of behavior has existed since the late 1990s or the 2000s thanks to web stars (Nostalgia Critic).

Since when the word adult became a verb? The English language is getting worse. Do these people mean growing up or maturing?
Even though my reaction is shared between «Holy shit the lack of maturity » and between «Uh, they are cute » ultimately, I don’t think this bad for others people, sure it might be bad for THEM, but I don’t think it’s bad for others people, plus I think this is only from their own choice they are like that’s, not due to a social pressure or trauma, and hey, at least they do something creative and do something with their hands, not like Disney adults whom addiction can be harmful and horrible to their friends and family, isolating them from others people who don’t live in a media bubble as much as them.
Plus, I’m sure half (not all of them) on the pics, are doing it not just for the sake of being back into the safe ok world of childhood, but also because first and foremost legos is a toy, and toy=money, so…While living their best lives, their also making moneys from this :p:cool:

I have a few stuffed animals, and don't feel too immature about it lol
I find just as long as we are doing what needs to be done as adults, and we pick and choose the right times to feel like a child, it's alright.
Sometimes we need that escape, or that nostalgia. It takes us back to a better time (sometimes, unless our childhoods absolutely sucked!) where we can just let go and relax. Sure there are boundaries. We do have to have our responsibilities, and not act like complete immature children in certain situations, but if we want to lay back and laugh and just have a good time, there's no harm!

Eldesande

Established
This is depressing. I know females around my age who still buy toys and stuffed animals. This type of behavior has existed since the late 1990s or the 2000s thanks to web stars (Nostalgia Critic).

Since when the word adult became a verb? The English language is getting worse. Do these people mean growing up or maturing?
So what? You sound bitter that people are enjoying their lives. :)

e-Enoch

Superstar
It's not wrong to be a little childish sometimes. What I was saying it's wrong to have an unhealthy obsession and not letting go with the past.

Yes, some people do need help with dealing with their childhood traumas.

Is it wrong to draw cartoons or collect baseball cards? No.
I know someone who has an extensive collection of Care Bears, a cartoonist, and a lover of comic books...But is a very well-adjusted person...

There's always a healthy, unabashed inner childlike spirit in every person...and that's okay. :)

no, im with you on that one. in high school, we pooled all of our legos together (mostly mine, really) and made a huge road layout. it had to be 8 feet by 8 feet. we each met after school and everyone built their own homes and businesses. after a few days, we were able to play. this only worked because we were all good at imagination, coming up with unique voices and personalities for lego people, and making things up as we went along. i was in charge of the building dept (i made a ruling on the width size of lego vehicles-- not to exceed 5 'units' unless it was an emergency or heavy duty vehicle so they would fit on the road), police, court system, bank, and a construction site. another friend had a car dealership... another had a chi-chis restaurant (where he worked at the time, so he reenacted some of that into the play)... another had a KISS concert... another owned a cemetery... early 90s firebirds... i had a grand national... other friend had a mustang GT 5.0...
we had a kidnapping and a murder when an indian friend robbed my bank, then robbed richs chi-chis restaurant. i subsequently arrested his 'guy'. the next day we had a trial where i had to let him go since i forgot to read him his rights. he then kidnapped kens girlfriend from his house and drove off with her, which turned into a huge mad max type of lego car chase in the house.
at some point, there was a riot in town. lots of local businesses were trashed. i forget what the riot was over...

of course it was stupid but it was lots of fun. i miss that a lot! theres absolutely no time to even consider doing that again (everyone moved away anyway)-- theres barely enough time to research all the stuff that needs to be researched on a daily basis.
Did BLACK LIES MATTER invade your Lego town LOL.

polymoog

Superstar
Did BLACK LIES MATTER invade your Lego town LOL.
haha! actually, we were recreating something like the LA riots of 92. amans (indian friend) guy was set free after his criminal spree, and a riot ensued, led by rich. i only had 2 police cars in the precinct and hadnt built any more. plus i only had like 5 policemen. i had 2 small jail cells while the entire KISS concert population entered the town and trashed it. my construction site was wrecked (not a big deal, since i was using those lego technic looking pieces-- those ones with holes in the sides to give it that structural steel look), kens graveyard had his tombstones knocked over, and all of the windows on chris` dealership were smashed (not really broken, we loosened the legos and knocked in the clear windows). amans guy went into hiding... i forget what happened after that.
anyway, later, aman got mad because i made fun of him (he had a deviated septum and while we were all silently building, all i could hear was his breathing: "achhhhhhh'.... achhhhhhh', so i said to chris, "did you leave the air conditioning on full?" and then everyone started laughing), and he stepped on the legos and left. then we built a big lego footprint where he stepped on the road plates. bri also left (i think he had baseball or something) so we took those big flat plates and boarded up his house. i think we did the same thing with amans whorehouse.