And now... fireworks?

justjess

Superstar
You reply to me more than I do to you...always with guns blazing..you’re the one with the problem.
Lolololololol really? I reply to you when you post asinine shit in threads I happen to be posting in or reading. I’m sorry I didn’t take a class in passive aggression to better suit your tastes, but I prefer the NY way. Considering who you worship it would appear you do too.

Johnny5

Veteran
Haha...maybe they’ll end after the 4th?
I've not heard any foreworks this whole time. A family lit some in front of their house last weekend before the local fireworks show. But that was just a family with their kids and some sparklers and minor stuff.

Lisa

Superstar
I've not heard any foreworks this whole time. A family lit some in front of their house last weekend before the local fireworks show. But that was just a family with their kids and some sparklers and minor stuff.
You’re lucky..every year people light them off here in the summer months and at christmas and New Years. I wouldn’t care..but they do it around midnight and beyond which is annoying and one of my dogs really gets scared with all the noise now that she’s a little older. So, it does bother me. Plus..no one shoots them off for Independence Day..its to shoot the pretty fiery things.

Lisa

Superstar
I heard a ton going off last night...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I did too...I guess people decided to screw the government around here. We went outside because some of them sounded super sized and could here the being lit off everywhere. While the city had signs everywhere that fireworks were not allowed. It was funny because there was no way the city could get everyone. Anyway..the dogs were pretty scared and I thought about calling the police in my neighborhood..but I also know of two of them that live here.

justjess

Superstar
I did too...I guess people decided to screw the government around here. We went outside because some of them sounded super sized and could here the being lit off everywhere. While the city had signs everywhere that fireworks were not allowed. It was funny because there was no way the city could get everyone. Anyway..the dogs were pretty scared and I thought about calling the police in my neighborhood..but I also know of two of them that live here.
You’d call the cops on people for setting off fireworks on the Fourth of July? Jesus... you really are Karen.

Lisa

Superstar
You’d call the cops on people for setting off fireworks on the Fourth of July? Jesus... you really are Karen.
A.) they are breaking the law. B.) they are scaring my dogs, therefore affecting my life when breaking the law. So yep I did consider it.

Karlysymon

Superstar
? Did you just want to use that photo?
Partly, yes. Partly to let you know that incase the thought crossed your mind, there is a precedent......albeit a fictional one. So you wouldn't be a looney in that regard :)
If you thought of calling the cops over fireworks, suing God over thunderstorms isn't that far behind.

Just watch the movie. You'll love it and also have a good laugh.

Bent8484

Established
I made an account just to reply to this.

I noticed the same thing here, in Canada, and a buddy in New Zealand said he witnessed the same. Except it continued for weeks after the protests ended. Loud fireworks, sometimes only setting off a puff of black smoke instead of colorful sparks, usually late at night - often too long after bar closing for drunk people to be a viable explanation.

Interestingly, I made a similar thread on ATS, and was met with aggressive denials by accounts with minimal posting histories. OP seems to have had a similar experience here, to some extent, and it made me wonder if we hit a nerve.

Depriving people of sleep seems a bit petty, though. I highly doubt that's a viable explanation. Neither would signaling...radio and the internet are perfectly fine. Maybe a dispersion method for infectious agents, if you know what I mean?

Then again, I have no hypothesis, so it's as good an explanation as any. It just kinda sounds like it was formulated by someone's insomniac racist grandpa. I just have a hunch that there's something here that's escaping notice.