And now... fireworks?

intoxifaded

Rookie
I thought it was normal almost-4th-of-July behavior too (I live in the Ghetto ghetto, either where you are or worse) until I saw this thread and started paying attention.

One loud firework went off in my neighborhood while the sun was out. A second later, another goes off a few streets away. A second later, another goes off a bit further. A second later, I hear a 4th further in the distance.

As someone who grew up popping fireworks in the hood:

1. No one is going to light up firecrackers when the sun is out. That's a waste of money. Not to mention they're illegal and you can get in trouble for being caught with them on the 4th (as I have), the only people who are going to risk it during the day with patrolling cops are dumb kids. And even IF dumb kids are the ones popping them during the day:

2. There's a very low probability, almost non existent except on the actual 4th of July, that four (and potentially more) firecrackers are being lit one second from another by completely different neighborhoods. They're the exact same firecrackers too. Same type of blast.

If it was 1 a minute I'd believe that fireworks are just easier to get now, but one after another after another after another after another...the timing is too precise to be coincidence.

& of course this is starting to take place in non-ghetto neighborhoods where firecrackers have never been normal, that stands out to me the most. We know the people who have firecrackers, who do those young sheltered white kids know who's dealing them? They barely know where to buy weed, let alone firecrackers.

justjess

Superstar
Rose is a muslim
This thread isn’t about rose and her character or her beliefs. It’s about the ongoing firework issue in America. Stop derailing. Stop trolling. And stop making every thread into some personal thing when it has nothing to do with the topic

Lisa

Superstar
This thread isn’t about rose and her character or her beliefs. It’s about the ongoing firework issue in America. Stop derailing. Stop trolling. And stop making every thread into some personal thing when it has nothing to do with the topic
It made sense to me..

Tikawanda

Established
I'm glad I'm not alone: I've actually experienced this for the past two weeks almost every single day. Usually between 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM, I've heard these loud firework-esque sounds that sound really close, as if they're right down the street. My sister's heard them too and she assumed that they were fireworks, which I agreed with because they don't sound quite like gunshots (and believe me I've heard plenty of those before). The thing that bothers me is that fireworks are illegal here and have been for years, and this is the first summer where I've heard this many of them (because in the past you'd still hear fireworks sporadically around early July because people still acquire them illegally). Just the fact that these sounds keep happening creeps me out and seriously bothers me since one of these sounds woke me up last night.

This reminds me of that loud horn noise phenomenon that people posted about a few years ago, only this time I'm actually experiencing it so I'm not skeptical about it like I'd normally be. Also there are no riots or protests in the area where I live, so the sounds don't seem to be related to that.

justjess

Superstar
Haha...maybe they’ll end after the 4th?
Don’t you have a bridge to crawl under? National news level issue Lisa. Is our husbands business going so poorly post Covid that you needed to pick up extra shifts or bonus points or something?

Lisa

Superstar
Don’t you have a bridge to crawl under? National news level issue Lisa. Is our husbands business going so poorly post Covid that you needed to pick up extra shifts or bonus points or something?
I don’t think you have much room to talk considering you say you have a toddler.

justjess

Superstar
I don’t think you have much room to talk considering you say you have a toddler.
What does me having a toddler have to do with you being a troll? She is sitting down eating lunch watching doc mcstuffins. You have twice as many posts as me. Get over yourself. Stop bothering people just to bother them. It’s an ugly character trait.

Lisa

Superstar
What does me having a toddler have to do with you being a troll? She is sitting down eating lunch watching doc mcstuffins. You have twice as many posts as me. Get over yourself. Stop bothering people just to bother them. It’s an ugly character trait.
You reply to me more than I do to you...always with guns blazing..you’re the one with the problem.