And now... fireworks?

the fireworks thing is weird..i have noticed it and have heard reports of this in other cities close to me north west, IN. .i have also heard them during the day frequently sounds like gun shots ..but it isn't..i know the difference..it does feel like a form of city terrorizing..

Stephania

Star
Do you have any idea why or what’s going on? Is this unusual?
No idea.. and it's extremely unusual. Never heard anything like it for the 20 years I've lived here. Also.. where I live in the city they are super loud but I can't see them. They are not little fireworks.. they are super loud-where- ever they are being set off. I'm guessing probably DTLA and Hollywood. There have been reports of this in every major US city for weeks. Ppl have different theories.. some ppl are saying that they have seen unmarked vans giving ppl really expensive fireworks, some ppl saying that ppl are buying them because of protests, others are saying it's a psy-op to make ppl uneasy and sleep deprived and the military has used tactics like this in other countries.. IDK what the hell is going on.. but there are a ton of viral tweets about it on Twitter from all over uSA too.

Stephania

Star
Firework sounds. No fireworks? Hmm?
It’s gunshots. If it’s nationwide, could be a potential government drill
No- it's not gunshots going off repeatedly from 8 pm to 3-4 am every night for weeks . Trust me. I know the difference of sounds and so does my poor dogs :(
It's just that I'm on the outskirts of where a lot of stuff is happening.. so I can only hear them not see them. But they have to be really big fireworks to make such noise. It's nuts

justjess

Superstar
No idea.. and it's extremely unusual. Never heard anything like it for the 20 years I've lived here. Also.. where I live in the city they are super loud but I can't see them. They are not little fireworks.. they are super loud-where- ever they are being set off. I'm guessing probably DTLA and Hollywood. There have been reports of this in every major US city for weeks. Ppl have different theories.. some ppl are saying that they have seen unmarked vans giving ppl really expensive fireworks, some ppl saying that ppl are buying them because of protests, others are saying it's a psy-op to make ppl uneasy and sleep deprived and the military has used tactics like this in other countries.. IDK what the hell is going on.. but there are a ton of viral tweets about it on Twitter from all over uSA too.
I can hear them but can’t see them here too. I know tnt is floating around the black market at the moment but every city in America being inundated with it naturally at the same time seems highly unlikely.

Maes17

Superstar
No- it's not gunshots going off repeatedly from 8 pm to 3-4 am every night for weeks . Trust me. I know the difference of sounds and so does my poor dogs :(
It's just that I'm on the outskirts of where a lot of stuff is happening.. so I can only hear them not see them. But they have to be really big fireworks to make such noise. It's nuts
We have some loud ass fireworks here
:cool:

I also live in a ghetto part of town. Gunshots are normal

Maes17

Superstar
I can hear them but can’t see them here too. I know tnt is floating around the black market at the moment but every city in America being inundated with it naturally at the same time seems highly unlikely.
Maybe it’s some china market cheap stuff. Idk.
Could be anything as simple as access to fireworks or some predictive programming honestly who knows

rainerann

Star
Wow I would never have thought this was a nationwide phenomena. Fireworks are normal like the week before and week after the fourth where I am. I thought it was weird that they were starting early this year, but didn’t think it would be something that was happening anywhere else.

it is really getting old already and we still have two weeks before the actual holiday. They’ve been going off for hours every evening for the last week and half or so.

Maes17

Superstar
Wow I would never have thought this was a nationwide phenomena. Fireworks are normal like the week before and week after the fourth where I am. I thought it was weird that they were starting early this year, but didn’t think it would be something that was happening anywhere else.

it is really getting old already and we still have two weeks before the actual holiday. They’ve been going off for hours every evening for the last week and half or so.
Maybe they are cheap to buy now. My brothers came to my house with the good stuff last night. And a lot of it. I was like wtf?

Johnny5

Veteran
I haven't heard any fireworks being shot off down here in TX. I dont live in one of the big 5 cities though. I see firework stands on the side of the roads in cities where its legal to sell them. That is normal this time of year. In 2 weeks, I am sure I will be hearing the normal amount of fireworks being fired off.

Stephania

Star
Duuude.. the powers that be are making the most of this covid shit when they should be repenting. Wake up man.
Yeah I've lived and been in ghetto parts of towns too.. but the never heard I was there like this . And I never saw this new weird ano all of fireworks.and a ton of ppl of all colors complaining of freaking TNT explosions all over the country when it's not even a holiday for weeks

Maes17

Superstar
They’re accessible. People get them.
It’s that time of the year. I can say here and when we lived in Georgia fireworks were being lit off weeks before and after.

The fireworks going onto the wee hours, well. It’s summer vacation, some people are still not working etc, so people will be out late

justjess

Superstar
????

What does covid have to do with fireworks?
They’ve got us in our homes. Scared. With the wind knocked out of us (don’t have to be scared of the virus to be scared of the uncertainty, the economy etc). Half of us are broke because we lost our jobs. Riots, civil unrest. And now loud explosions going off all over the country. We have the Fourth of July every year. This doesn’t happen every year - it’s above and beyond normal. My best guess is desensitization or sound cover for something else.

Maes17

Superstar
They’ve got us in our homes. Scared. With the wind knocked out of us (don’t have to be scared of the virus to be scared of the uncertainty, the economy etc). Half of us are broke because we lost our jobs. Riots, civil unrest. And now loud explosions going off all over the country. We have the Fourth of July every year. This doesn’t happen every year - it’s above and beyond normal. My best guess is desensitization or sound cover for something else.
I’m sticking by my fireworks stance. Seems normal to me.

Lisa

Superstar
Mob of 50 people cause huge late-night disturbance in Brooklyn by firing dozens of illegal fireworks into the sky while marching down the street - as NYC attempts to tackle ongoing problem