And now... fireworks?

justjess

Superstar

polymoog

Superstar
Ok cool, I guess if you want to split hairs then there you go. There isn’t community hostility towards fire fighters. If you are capable of coming up with some rare instance... idk. Generally that’s not a thing.
i dont know what goes through the minds of libs. who knows, but firemen are bad guys.

if theres a conspiracy afoot about the fireworks, maybe theyre prepping people (an audio-visual predictive programming?) for when bullets/missiles/bombs are fired by army personnel, everyone thinks its just more fireworks.

Maes17

Superstar
i dont know what goes through the minds of libs. who knows, but firemen are bad guys.

if theres a conspiracy afoot about the fireworks, maybe theyre prepping people (an audio-visual predictive programming?) for when bullets/missiles/bombs are fired by army personnel, everyone thinks its just more fireworks.
Idk anymore either man.
Good theory btw with the predictive programing

justjess

Superstar

I don’t know a single “lib” that has a problem with firemen. Maybe LEGO is just being super ridiculous. Maybe it was too much effort to cancel just one part of the set in question. No clue. Generally firemen are respected and non controversial because they don’t screw with people, they just do their job and take risks to truly save lives

that’s a theory I’ve seen floated as well and seems somewhat likely. Desensitization. There has been dynamite floating around the streets lately.

Maes17

Superstar
I don’t know a single “lib” that has a problem with firemen. Maybe LEGO is just being super ridiculous. Maybe it was too much effort to cancel just one part of the set in question. No clue. Generally firemen are respected and non controversial because they don’t screw with people, they just do their job and take risks to truly save lives

that’s a theory I’ve seen floated as well and seems somewhat likely. Desensitization. There has been dynamite floating around the streets lately.
Lego is being ridiculous.
There would possibly be some branch of cancel culture to put them on blast. That’s just the sad fact of reality now. It’s crazy how mentally fragile we are as a society, and yet we want to revolt or seek the good fight. If I were to revolt, I’d want a group of level headed, strategic people

Lisa

Superstar
If we cannot sleep, de Blasio won't sleep': Furious New York residents honk their horns outside the NYC Mayor's home in the middle of the night over his refusal to address the constant fireworks across the city keeping them up at night

justjess

Superstar
If we cannot sleep, de Blasio won't sleep': Furious New York residents honk their horns outside the NYC Mayor's home in the middle of the night over his refusal to address the constant fireworks across the city keeping them up at night
Do you know what the fine is for fireworks in nyc? It makes zero sense that a city in a budget hole would pass up such a lucrative money making opportunity if this was a natural issue going on

Lisa

Superstar
Do you know what the fine is for fireworks in nyc? It makes zero sense that a city in a budget hole would pass up such a lucrative money making opportunity if this was a natural issue going on
Haha..ok. Well, its the dems in a fight to the death with trump...so they‘ll do anything to bother him even if it means bothering their people in the end. Blue cities having these issues..they don’t care.

Todd

Star
On your advice I will be “prepping” for a grid down situation ASAP. Just in case. Somethings not right. Everything feels “off” - normal isn’t coming back any time soon, if ever.

I saw some mention of an emp and China for later this year somewhere this morning.. I’ll try to find it

Edit: Forgot this was a subscription site. I'll see if I can find it somewhere else as I know it's been covered by multiple websites.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Haha..ok. Well, its the dems in a fight to the death with trump...so they‘ll do anything to bother him even if it means bothering their people in the end. Blue cities having these issues..they don’t care.
How on earth do fireworks have anything to do with trump? Also you do realize blue cities have politically diverse populations too? Plus I live in the middle of trump country and same thing here

Lisa

Superstar
How on earth do fireworks have anything to do with trump? Also you do realize blue cities have politically diverse populations too? Plus I live in the middle of trump country and same thing here
It all has to do with trump and winning the presidency for dems...sorry you can’t see that.

Todd

Star
Do you have old calendars laying around?
Why? Juneteenth has been a big deal in Buffalo, NY for a long time and is covered by the local media every year. I admit I didn't know what it was really about for many years, but it's not like I never knew about it or never heard about it. Years ago, without really looking into it, I just assumed it was about celebrating "African-American" culture as the news often covered the parade were "African-Americans" were dressed up in African clothes and playing African drums.

Edit: Juneteenth has been a yearly festival in Buffalo, NY since 1976.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Why? Juneteenth has been a big deal in Buffalo, NY for a long time and is covered by the local media every year. I admit I didn't know what it was really about for many years, but it's not like I never knew about it or never heard about it. Years ago, without really looking into it, I just assumed it was about celebrating "African-American" culture as the news often covered the parade were "African-Americans" were dressed up in African clothes and playing African drums.

Edit: Juneteenth hjas been a yearly festival in Buffalo, NY since 1976.
Never heard of it. My black sister in law never heard of it. Looked back on old calendars and it’s not there.

Hon33

Veteran
All through the “troubles” fireworks were banned in Northern Ireland. Displays could only be held by those with a license.
For a long time, most people adhered to the ban. However, after a time it became easier to acquire them and they were quite often used at times of civil unrest, by rioters, alongside petrol bombs and illegal firearms.
With the Good Friday Agreement and all that, they are widely available and their sole purpose seems to be to torture poor pets for about 3 weeks around Hallowe’en.