An Interesting Take On The Death Of John Belushi

TC1968

Established
TC: thats quite long. can you give us a synopsis or narrow down the pertinent parts of the interview?
You are probably better off reading the blog, its quite short and gives more backstory.

To make a very long story short Michael Dare became the neighborhood drug dealer/hangout to the stars in the late 70s and early 80s after a chance meeting with John Belushi (they became close friends as well).
He also knew Cathy Smith, and he contends that Smith was a LAPD snitch at the time of Belushi's death, and that there was supposed to be a sting operation where she was trying to set up Belushi, Robert Deniro, and Robin Williams and was told by her LAPD contact to keep Belushi using until they can get them all together long enough for the LAPD to bust them. Belushi OD's she calls her contact and he comes over cleans the scene, then waits down the street for report of Belushis OD to be called in.

I don't know if this is true or not, I have never heard this story before.

polymoog

Superstar
i just read the blog. great story. thanks for posting this.

very interesting that daryl gates was involved in this as well as the judge for the rodney king case.

i was surprised that LAPD would be going after the hollywood elites. i simply figured they would have a sort of immunity from the police, being famous and part of the industry.

he is completely right about belushi ending up being a poster child for the anti-drug movement.