An 8 Year Old Drag Queen...

Vixy

Star
How do they say it.. A picture is worth a thousand words. I'm sure I could label this picture with a negative tone and people will believe it just as you did.

These two are part of The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence which is an organization for charity, LGBTQ rights and educating of the risk of drug use and safe sex.

You don't have to agree with who or what they do, but please educate yourself, there's already enough misinformation out on the internet.
So they're talking to them about sex. Yep: horrible! :'(

Haich

Superstar
Since they don't get the concept of a drag queen they'd probably just see them as a fun character (which is kinda what drag queens are anyway) and not really care.
I get that drag queens are fun characters for adults, that's fine and whoever likes that form of entertainment is entitled to do as they please

But those kids just see a bunch of men with deep voices speaking funny, I don't think they'll get the humour side and I find it an attempt to normalise an adult form of entertainment

I'm probably reading to much in to the situation and I'm sure those guys reading the book mean well, but you don't need to be accepted or acknowledged by kids. Let them run around and enjoy life man

The Zone

Star
I am not a hater but some transgenders do freak me out a bit...especially when they are dressed up like clowns:eek: I think that is what is odd to me about certain people in gay groups in that it is "circus like" in their natural habitat of choice. The ones called Bears kind of freak me out too. No wonder the dark side wants a free for all atmosphere where the sexes are blurred. Then the world would appear as one big circus of debautchery.

Last edited:

Icefinityzen

I just don't get the movement, why a man, regardless of sexual orientation, desires to dress like this is beyond me...

View attachment 953 View attachment 952 View attachment 951
Except it's not a movement or anything new. Maybe it's just new to you...

Everything in history is defined by society at that time but it constantly changes. Men wearing make up is nothing new in history. And not only society but culture ultimately defines the norm.

There are cultures in the world, still, that don't treat gender identity as just black and white.

I'm not big on drag, nor do I care for it. But I can understand that my lack of understanding on what another person's desires to do with their life doesn't put me at a pedestal because it's something I don't understand or do rather.

mecca

Superstar

Everything in history is defined by society at that time but it constantly changes. Men wearing make up is nothing new in history. And not only society but culture ultimately defines the norm.

There are cultures in the world, still, that don't treat gender identity as just black and white.

I'm not big on drag, nor do I care for it. But I can understand that my lack of understanding on what another person's desires to do with their life doesn't put me at a pedestal because it's something I don't understand or do rather.
True.

Haich

Superstar

I don't think it's a new phenomena, but children being unnecessarily exposed to this lifestyle makes no sense

The average person doesn't find a man wearing outlandish makeup in clothing normal...Well I believe gender is a separate issue as there are many discussions as to what makes a man, a man and a woman, woman, but drag in particular baffles me. Trans argue they're in the wrong body, Gay and lesbian are attracted to the same sex, bisexuals aren't fussy so what about drag?It's usually gay men that dress up in drag too not really straight men, which is confusing because they're not attracted to women but dress up like them...again I'm not really educated on the matter hence my thoughts and I'd like anyone on here who does dress in drag or knows more about the drag community to give shed some light on the practice

It's not a question of pedestal, it's a question of should a child be surrounded by men in drag which is what the picture depicted. I'm of the opinion that's it's a confusing and unnecessary thing to promote to kids, by allowing them to read dresssd in drag it's appropriating something which is deemed a form of adult entertainment.

TMT

Star
Not sure I follow, I know those images weren't the best examples of drag but a few extremes
People's minds are infinite and it should remind you of your own limitations if you can't understand why someone might wish to do something. It harms you none, so why does it bother you?

Do you guys (the religious) ever think that maybe you're the ones confusing kids by telling them that how the feel doesn't matter at all only what their genitals are and some set of societal ideas on gender?

The Zone

Star
People's minds are infinite and it should remind you of your own limitations if you can't understand why someone might wish to do something. It harms you none, so why does it bother you?

Do you guys (the religious) ever think that maybe you're the ones confusing kids by telling them that how the feel doesn't matter at all only what their genitals are and some set of societal ideas on gender?
The point is that no adult, religious or not should meddle with a child's sexuality. And religious types have read about Sodom and Gomorrah and do indeed fear a similar society. Do as thy will does not work for everybody. And FWIW, there are plenty of agnostic types who feel the same as religious types on certain subject matter.