American Satan

icexplorer

Rookie
American Satan is a movie about a band that signs a contract with the devil itself in order to succeed

A young rock band, half from England and half from the US, drop out of college and move to the Sunset Strip to chase their dreams. Living in a van, their passion and talent exceed their means to survive. An enigmatic stranger sees their true potential and emotionally manipulates them during a time of weakness. Caught in the middle of a Faustian deal, their music and controversial altercations end up influencing society beyond anything this century has seen, but can they take back control of their destiny before it's too late?
There's a lot going around this movie, and the scenario writers certainly know things we don't.
A lot of symbolism goind around (from the apple in the beggining, to their initiation night), but also very explicit dialogs (the devil asks them to sacrifice someone and he also talks about his past glories with other bands)

Some questions still remain at the end, but it's ok.
Definitively worth seing

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
American Satan is a movie about a band that signs a contract with the devil itself in order to succeed

There's a lot going around this movie, and the scenario writers certainly know things we don't.
A lot of symbolism goind around (from the apple in the beggining, to their initiation night), but also very explicit dialogs (the devil asks them to sacrifice someone and he also talks about his past glories with other bands)

Some questions still remain at the end, but it's ok.
Definitively worth seing
In your estimation, is the movie promoting these themes or exposing them to the masses to offer a warning? Perhaps both or neither?

icexplorer

Rookie
Hello, in my opinion it's both.

On the one hand, it's almost "cool" to make a deal with the devil, even if people are dying there because of that. For instance, they have to sacrifice someone in order to make the deal.
On the other hand, it exposes a lot of rock bands (actual rock bands and actual people), it describes how it works (partially at least). Even companies like Apple are exposed (yes the iPhone company) : according to the movie, the apple is obviously a religious symbol, and the first apple computer was sold for 666 dollars (which is true).

But I think the movie itself knows that.
(Spoiler) I took this dialogue near the end of the movie :

- What about all the disturbing scenarios surrounding the band?
- It's the duality of rock 'n' roll.
- And what is that supposed to mean?
- The copycat killings, they were very tragic. But bullying in schools and teenage suicide rates had a massive drop. Positive changes on our society. That's the life. The rest, that's the darkness.

stellz95

Rookie
Forgot who it was but one of the guys that helped with the movie, a guy from some famous record company,said that this really happened but he wouldn't name the band it was based on.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Forgot who it was but one of the guys that helped with the movie, a guy from some famous record company,said that this really happened but he wouldn't name the band it was based on.
Im confident we can discover the real band the movie band is molded after with a lil VC poster sleuthing!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Hello, in my opinion it's both.

On the one hand, it's almost "cool" to make a deal with the devil, even if people are dying there because of that. For instance, they have to sacrifice someone in order to make the deal.
On the other hand, it exposes a lot of rock bands (actual rock bands and actual people), it describes how it works (partially at least). Even companies like Apple are exposed (yes the iPhone company) : according to the movie, the apple is obviously a religious symbol, and the first apple computer was sold for 666 dollars (which is true).

But I think the movie itself knows that.
(Spoiler) I took this dialogue near the end of the movie :
That is very interesting, how they have incorporated brands into the imagery and aesthetics with regard to agenda pushing (specifically how you mentioned the Apple/Mac info). There is a very active Predictive Programming thread here, if you would like to cross-post, I think they would welcome your efforts there as well!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Thanks!
So initially, Im seeing the name Ashley "Ash" Avildsen (born November 5, 1981, son of John G. Avildsen) as the founder and CEO for both the Sumerian Record label and Sumerian films, his motion picture division which is responsible for the American Satan project. Here is the logo for both enterprises:
1548961168156.png
As expected, the roster of bands which comprise the label are drenched in the kind of imagery and aesthetics one would typically associate with such an "on-our-sleeves" enterprise as this.
Actually, I just came across this thread here......
https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/american-satan-their-language.1186/
Perhaps we could utilize some of their research here? It seems that thread is much more focused on the esoteric and symbolic nature of the discussion, but we could still apply what is useful there here I think.