Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Maes17

Superstar
Wt pinche eff?!

justjess

Superstar
I will add: there is a third group of Americans that absolutely do not recognize the problems in America and do nothing but yell that america is great. Whether this is an exaggerated effort to mask their own budding disillusionment or a genuine belief idk but it functions the same. Most of these people have 401k’s that we’re doing great before covid and have started to rebound since and that seems to be their only measure of how well the country is doing as their investment account allows them the delusion that they are actually part of the class america was designed to do “great” for despite the fact that they actually aren’t.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
How the eviction crisis across the U.S. will look

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar

Lurker

Star
I will say this.. I don’t understand why so many people didn’t pay their rent. Doesn’t make sense to me. Unemployment was beefed up so that people who lost their jobs could still pay their rent and was expanded so that almost all people who lost their job would qualify. I do get it moving forward when the extra unemployment ends
Shit, I hate to sound like lisa, but maybe they wanted the big TV more?

justjess

Superstar
So I just ran the numbers. Walmart profits 100million dollars per day. Worldwide they have 2.2 million employees. They could give every single one of them a $5/hr raise and still profit $12 million a day. Which is like 4 billion per year plus some. I just wanted to point that out and put this here because to me it seems like the ones talking about greed are arguing the wrong side of this conversation.

polymoog

Superstar
Walmart profits 100million dollars per day. Worldwide they have 2.2 million employees. They could give every single one of them a $5/hr raise and still profit $12 million a day.
what do the stockholders get?