American Barbie

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
They were just toys I use to play with. Never heard a conspiracy about them.
If you don't see off top how they were pushing a damaging moral agenda right along with the unrealistic beauty standards, you might not be as "woke" as you think you are lol

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Why do people think that toys push beauty agenda now? lol when I was a kid, the most kids who wanted to be like "barbie" just wore a pink dress with a tiara and happily moved on.
Again, if you think either Bratz or Barbie are/were not pushing totally (like humanly impossible) unrealistic "beauty" standards, and, especially in the case of Bratz, a degenerate moral agenda...... you are either in the dark willfully or ignorant of the obvious.

Violette

Star
If you don't see off top how they were pushing a damaging moral agenda right along with the unrealistic beauty standards, you might not be as "woke" as you think you are lol
You’re right I wasn’t woke at 8 years old I’m so sorry for indulging in childhood nostalgia lol Unrealistic beauty standards ? They didn’t look human at all, they had big heads, eyes, barely a nose, and detachable feet. They were popular because they came with so many clothes, accessories, and represented 75% of all ethnicities so POC loved them. They were 4 friends of different shades who did things together with no superior doll, whereas Barbie has always looked very human with blonde hair and blue eyes and was always the best at everything over her companions. I’m not in any competition to be ‘woke’. As long as a child lives in a healthy environment they’ll turn out fine. Children learn primarily through listening and watching others. Dolls are just outlets they use to act out what they’ve already been exposed to.
Tl;dr toys don’t corrupt children, their environment does.

Last edited:

manama

Star
Again, if you think either Bratz or Barbie are/were not pushing totally (like humanly impossible) unrealistic "beauty" standards, and, especially in the case of Bratz, a degenerate moral agenda...... you are either in the dark willfully or ignorant of the obvious.
No i wasn't raised around people who couldn't teach me morals themselves to the point that i'd look for them in a doll, that more often than not, was being thrown around in the room and against the walls as part of a new storyline i was making up.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
You’re right I wasn’t woke at 8 years old I’m so sorry for indulging in childhood nostalgia lol Unrealistic beauty standards ? That didn’t look human at all, they had big heads, eyes, and barely a noses with detachable feet. They were popular because they came with so many clothes, accessories, and represented 75% of all ethnicities so POC loved them. They were 4 friends of different shades who did things together with no superior doll, whereas Barbie has always looked very human with blonde hair and blue eyes and was always the best at everything over her companions. I’m not in any competition to be ‘woke’. As long as a child lives in a healthy environment they’ll turn out fine. Children learn primarily through listening and watching others. Dolls are just outlets they use to act out what they’ve already been exposed to.
Im not communicating with the 8 year old version of Violette, Im communicating with you here and now.........

manama

Star
I’m not in any competition to be ‘woke’. As long as a child lives in a healthy environment they’ll turn out fine. Children learn primarily through listening and watching others. Dolls are just outlets they use to act out what they’ve already been exposed to.
Children are smarter than people think. Even right now with the unrealistic standards debate, its not the chubby kids who feel insecure when they see dolls. Its the older obese women who can not be bothered with exercising and then get offended by dolls. Its always the older generation getting insecure by looking at toys.

Violette

Star
Children are smarter than people think. Even right now with the unrealistic standards debate, its not the chubby kids who feel insecure when they see dolls. Its the older obese women who can not be bothered with exercising and then get offended by dolls. Its always the older generation getting insecure by looking at toys.
They really are. I work with children and I’m always impressed by their intelligence. When they have free time to play 99% of the time you can tell they’re acting out what they see their parents/siblings do and what people say to them.

Xoalienn

Rookie
I fully believe toys are often created with an agenda. Bratz especially. But I think the whole “Barbie creates unrealistic beauty standards” is a whole load of crap and indeed was started by some insecure older women. Barbie was created in a different time. If you’re looking to a piece of plastic to find your self worth, your issues run way deeper than you think.

The Zone

Star
You demonize a whole group of people whom you've never met.

Wow. Just wow. I can't even understand hatred and racism like yours.
The media has done a good job making all Trump types seem like rednecks to Europeans. They will naturally show the ones with rough edges while ignoring Antifa types. But you make a good point considering Trumpets just got stereotyped as all having nooses in tow. It may surprise many that most of his support wants no troops in the ME.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
The media has done a good job making all Trump types seem like rednecks to Europeans. They will naturally show the ones with rough edges while ignoring Antifa types. But you make a good point considering Trumpets just got stereotyped as all having nooses in tow. It may surprise many that most of his support wants no troops in the ME.
Trump supporters like you with your support for his child-stealing regime are your own bad-press machine......

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yeah, I told you I was indulging in childhood nostalgia of why I liked bratz over Barbie.
Im not denying that we all have our guilty pleasures.... but Bratz are a pretty obvious psy-op...... much as some of the music I might listen to is, so I aint judging you, just pointing this out......

The Zone

Star
Trump supporters like you with your support for his child-stealing regime are your own bad-press machine......
You and your black and white thinking, SMH. I have noticed you label all posters here into a grouping which you are comfortable with in order to converse. Quit following me around with pithy one-liners and trolling.