America pulls out and Turkey pulls in

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I just said I didn’t know what it was...

I guess there’s nothing to keep them from thinking anything about me that they want, you and others here do the same thing. But, besides @Thunderian, I’m the only other person here that thinks they should keep their land. I don’t know how that translates to being a Christian, evangelistic game of conquest.
What makes you feel you have supported Israels claim to that land? I think you should start a thread concerning this topic where we can continue the dialog without hijacking this thread.

Lisa

Superstar
What makes you feel you have supported Israels claim to that land? I think you should start a thread concerning this topic where we can continue the dialog without hijacking this thread.
I have in different threads in the past said that the land they are on now is their land. You can start another thread if you want or search for existing threads and read through them for my comments.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I have in different threads in the past said that the land they are on now is their land. You can start another thread if you want or search for existing threads and read through them for my comments.
I dont want to do that. I would rather you to stop derailing threads and instead either comment with relevant dialog, abstain from commenting altogether or simply start your own threads where you can direct the focus as you see fit.

Lisa

Superstar
I dont want to do that. I would rather you to stop derailing threads and instead either comment with relevant dialog, abstain from commenting altogether or simply start your own threads where you can direct the focus as you see fit.
Its my thread and someone will post something to get it back on track sometime since Turkey is still in Syria...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Ya, I wouldn’t own up to a stupid comment like you just posted about telling me to get out of my own thread, or start another one where I can direct the focus..that is embarrasing.
But..... what thread do you mean? And is it as bad as misspelling "embarrassing" in your insult to me?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I apologize for derailing your thread here. I just wanted to give you the experience of what its like when someone shows up over and over again in threads started by other people and then tries to distract from the conversations there. I wont do it to you again and will ask you refrain from doing it to others..... at least dont do it to me ok!

Lisa

Superstar
I apologize for derailing your thread here. I just wanted to give you the experience of what its like when someone shows up over and over again in threads started by other people and then tries to distract from the conversations there. I wont do it to you again and will ask you refrain from doing it to others..... at least dont do it to me ok!
I honestly don’t try to distract from conversations, I see something in a reply that I want to reply to so I do. That could potentially take a thread off topic, but I have every expectation that it could right itself again and would go back to topic easily.

DavidSon

Star

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

Lisa

Superstar
A thread titled "America pulls out and Turkey pulls in" was destined to be derailed. All I care about is knowing if Lisa actually wrote that title with a straight face.
Actually I did, I was trying to think of a jazzy, slightly funny title...haha. I guess you can take it any way you want to.

Karlysymon

Superstar
US troops will be protecting Syrian oilfieds from ISIS :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lie #3: The Trump Administration Is Pulling US Troops Out Of Syria
This is not happening, and anyone who believes Trump is actually ending US involvement has been duped. It’s also not the first time we’ve heard promises from Donald Trump on an end to the wars in the Middle East.

Over a year ago Trump proclaimed that he would be pulling the troops out of Syria, yet, only a week later it was determined that they would remain. Recently Trump made the claim again, and only days later the Pentagon admitted that US troops were only going to be shifted back from the border while the Kurds, our former allies, would be attacked by Turkish forces. Turkey’s military spokesman has said that they will “correct the demographics changed by the YPG (Kurdish defense units much like citizen militias) in Northeast Syria”. In other words, the goal is ethnic cleansing, and as the Armenian genocide teaches us, the Turks are no strangers to ethnic cleansing.

Trump is not the only world leader to pull this kind of stunt, either. Vladimir Putin did the same thing in 2016, announcing an end to military action by Russia in Syria and a removal of troops, only to keep Russian forces there and well entrenched. The Russian presence has done little to prevent a flurry of Israeli air strikes against Syria, nor have they acted to prevent the Turkish invasion, so we must question what exactly Russia is still doing there as much as the US?

These constant fake-outs on a Syrian withdrawal are meant only for the general public as a way of pacifying concerns, and it seems to be working. To this day many people still believe that Trump had pulled US troops out of Syria (or is withdrawing them right now) and Putin pulled Russian troops out after “defeating ISIS”. None of this ever happened. If you tell a big lie enough times the uneducated masses will start to adopt it as the truth.
https://www.activistpost.com/2019/10/the-syrian-debacle-is-actually-well-planned-chaos.html

It's funny that some people actually believe that Russia is the good-hearted angel savior of Syria when they are backing Assad and his regime.
It seems as though you hate Assad's regime. Are your sentiments a result of only MSM or reading and watching both Independent outlets and MSM that you come to the conclusion that he is a bad guy for the Syrians?

Lisa

Superstar
US troops will be protecting Syrian oilfieds from ISIS :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lie #3: The Trump Administration Is Pulling US Troops Out Of Syria
This is not happening, and anyone who believes Trump is actually ending US involvement has been duped. It’s also not the first time we’ve heard promises from Donald Trump on an end to the wars in the Middle East.

Over a year ago Trump proclaimed that he would be pulling the troops out of Syria, yet, only a week later it was determined that they would remain. Recently Trump made the claim again, and only days later the Pentagon admitted that US troops were only going to be shifted back from the border while the Kurds, our former allies, would be attacked by Turkish forces. Turkey’s military spokesman has said that they will “correct the demographics changed by the YPG (Kurdish defense units much like citizen militias) in Northeast Syria”. In other words, the goal is ethnic cleansing, and as the Armenian genocide teaches us, the Turks are no strangers to ethnic cleansing.

Trump is not the only world leader to pull this kind of stunt, either. Vladimir Putin did the same thing in 2016, announcing an end to military action by Russia in Syria and a removal of troops, only to keep Russian forces there and well entrenched. The Russian presence has done little to prevent a flurry of Israeli air strikes against Syria, nor have they acted to prevent the Turkish invasion, so we must question what exactly Russia is still doing there as much as the US?

These constant fake-outs on a Syrian withdrawal are meant only for the general public as a way of pacifying concerns, and it seems to be working. To this day many people still believe that Trump had pulled US troops out of Syria (or is withdrawing them right now) and Putin pulled Russian troops out after “defeating ISIS”. None of this ever happened. If you tell a big lie enough times the uneducated masses will start to adopt it as the truth.
https://www.activistpost.com/2019/10/the-syrian-debacle-is-actually-well-planned-chaos.html

It seems as though you hate Assad's regime. Are your sentiments a result of MSM or reading and watching both Independent outlets and MSM that you come to the conclusion that he is a bad guy for the Syrians?
Damned if he pulls out...damned if he stays in, the guy can’t win in the press no matter what he does....