America pulls out and Turkey pulls in

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So there aint much daylight between Trump and Clinton after all eh? Interesting that the Killary SD "expected" the situation in the ME to turn out as it did. Also makes it embarrassing (for them) when we re-watch the videos where they stare wide-eyed at interviewers and questioners, playing the roll of righteous do-gooders whom have been taken completely off guard by these strange turn of events lol Kinda like "We had no idea AQ was planning to attack America with airplanes" eh?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
They have been good enough for multiple US presidential administrations to cut deals with. Its the US who hasnt honered our word to them. For the record, I agree with removing our troops from endless conflicts we cant really help decide.... but this was the wrong way to go about it. But what else should we expect from the Wrong-Way-Don?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

Lisa

Superstar
https://theintercept.com/2019/10/07/kurds-syria-turkey-trump-betrayal/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/11/kurds-betrayal-syria-erdogan-turkey-trump/

How we should have gone about it is debatable. The fact that Trump got it all wrong (as usual) isn't really even a serious conversation is it?
I didn’t see anything in those articles about an official treaty we had with the Kurds, we just armed them is all I could see.
One would think that since we betray them so often...they wouldn’t work with us?

How do you think we should have gone about it, since you don’t like how it was done?

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
There was a war, they got the land...that’s how it works sometimes.
It wasn't a war, it was a land grab that has been admitted to by top Israeli leadership of the time....

Israel’s attack on Egypt in June ’67 was not ‘preemptive’
https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2010/07/04/israels-attack-on-egypt-in-june-67-was-not-preemptive/

What is PKK and YPG?
The YPG is the military wing of the Democratic Union Party (PYD), a group that was spun out of the PKK in 2003. The PKK has waged war against the Turkish government for decades, leading both Washington and Ankara to designate it as a terrorist entity.

The PKK/YPG is just another proxy force being used by Israel and Saudi Arabia...
1571630158850.png

14:32--

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
It wasn't a war, it was a land grab that has been admitted to by top Israeli leadership of the time....

Israel’s attack on Egypt in June ’67 was not ‘preemptive’
https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2010/07/04/israels-attack-on-egypt-in-june-67-was-not-preemptive/

What is PKK and YPG?
The YPG is the military wing of the Democratic Union Party (PYD), a group that was spun out of the PKK in 2003. The PKK has waged war against the Turkish government for decades, leading both Washington and Ankara to designate it as a terrorist entity.

The PKK/YPG is just another proxy force being used by Israel and Saudi Arabia...
14:32--
Losers in war sometimes lose some of their land..has happened all through history.

I’m surprised you listen to trunews, honestly.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Losers in war sometimes lose some of their land..has happened all through history.
I’m surprised you listen to trunews, honestly.
That's bullshit and a violation of The Geneva Convention because it incentivizes war. And don't bag on Trunews, at least they speak truth to power. BTW, I'm surprised I bother to talk to you at all...

Lisa

Superstar
That's bullshit and a violation of The Geneva Convention because it incentivizes war. And don't bag on Trunews, at least they speak truth to power and are more CHRISTian than you will ever be. BTW, I'm surprised I bother to talk to you at all...
Wow, I wasn’t aware you didn’t like me, since I have rarely talked to you.

War is rarely fair don’t ya think? There are winners and there are losers and the losers frequently lose stuff like land. Who needs a good reason to go to war..just Israel? Or maybe the US, everyone else it doesn’t really matter. I figure all the hate for the US is because people still think of us as a Christian nation and they hate Israel because they are God’s chosen people.

Lol, trunews is opinion news only..and the host is ecumenical so I doubt he’s more Christian...

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Wow, I wasn’t aware you didn’t like me, since I have rarely talked to you.
You just don't get it, and you don't want to. I never said I disliked you, I just don't value your opinion very much. Like Tempest said, it's like trying to communicate with a brick wall. As for Trunews, there's no way you've had time to watch the video I posted, but maybe you should. It clearly demonstrates that Israel are with the PKK, and liken them to "cousins." 12 million Kurds live in Turkey, and they consider these groups terrorists. And for the last time, 1967 wasn't a war. It was a sneak attack to gain Arab land, and even the Prime Minister at the time admitted it. But hey, that's the problem. See, you are at your best when you aren't inhibited by any facts, and that I cannot stand for.

A 50-Year Occupation: Israel’s Six-Day War Started With a Lie
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/a-50-year-occupation-israels-six-day-war-started-with-a-lie/

“The thesis according to which the danger of genocide hung over us in June 1967, and according to which Israel was fighting for her very physical survival, was nothing but a bluff which was born and bred after the war,” declared Gen. Matituahu Peled, chief of logistical command during the war and one of 12 members of Israel’s General Staff, in March 1972.

A year earlier, Mordechai Bentov, a member of the wartime government and one of 37 people to sign Israel’s Declaration of Independence, had made a similar admission. “This whole story about the threat of extermination was totally contrived, and then elaborated upon, a posteriori, to justify the annexation of new Arab territories,” he said in April 1971.

Even Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, former terrorist and darling of the Israeli far right, conceded in a speech in August 1982 that “in June 1967 we had a choice. The Egyptian army concentrations in the Sinai approaches did not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.”

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
You just don't get it, and you don't want to. I never said I disliked you, I just don't value your opinion very much. Like Tempest said, it's like trying to communicate with a brick wall. As for Trunews, there's no way you've had time to watch the video I posted, but maybe you should. It clearly demonstrates that Israel are with the PKK, and liken them to "cousins." And for the last time, 1967 wasn't a war. It was a sneak attack to gain Arab land, and even the Prime Minister at the time admitted it. But hey, that's the problem. See, you are at your best when you aren't inhibited by any facts, and that I cannot stand for.

A 50-Year Occupation: Israel’s Six-Day War Started With a Lie
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/a-50-year-occupation-israels-six-day-war-started-with-a-lie/

A year earlier, Mordechai Bentov, a member of the wartime government and one of 37 people to sign Israel’s Declaration of Independence, had made a similar admission. “This whole story about the threat of extermination was totally contrived, and then elaborated upon, a posteriori, to justify the annexation of new Arab territories,” he said in April 1971.
Again, wars aren’t fair and some are started for bad reasons. However some say that Israel was goaded into that war..I guess it depends on who you like that you go with those facts? And it could have been a land grab...how does a little country get land from a bigger country like that...?

I used to listen to trunews years ago but stopped when I found out that the host was ecumenical and was going to have catholic teachings on his show which honestly changed my opinion of him and his brand of Christianity.

You aren’t saying you like me by saying you don’t value my opinion. It’s funny how you and tempest aren’t the brick walls, just me..lol!