America pulls out and Turkey pulls in

marcecar10

Established
"Backing the democratic will of the Syrian people". But didn't Assad inherit the post from his own father in 2000? He was the only candidate in that election (which had only one candidate by the way) and so in 2007, both times nominated by the People's Council, which was and is still controlled Assad's own Ba'ath Party.

There's has only been one multi-candidate presidential election in Syria, the 2014 one, which was held in a war-torn country who has the biggest refugee population in the world. Yeah, very credible just like the referendum in Crimea.

Implying that Backing the democratic will of the Syrian people against ISIS and Zionist oil colonialists is a bad thing.
"Backing the democratic will of the Syrian people". But didn't Assad inherit the post from his own father in 2000? He was the only candidate in that election (which had only one candidate by the way) and so in 2007, both times nominated by the People's Council, which was and is still controlled Assad's own Ba'ath Party.

There's has only been one multi-candidate presidential election in Syria, the 2014 one, which was held in a war-torn country who has the biggest refugee population in the world. Yeah, very credible just like the referendum in Crimea.
love your concession at the end that he did indeed win the election, by a margin of 88% moreover. Anyone interested in the topic can listen to Eva Bartlett, a reporter who was actually in Syria.

marcecar10

Established
Ah, the Russia Today propaganda lady and professional conspiracy theorist. Very convenient since RT is from Russia and Russia supports Assad.

And wait, you won't see this coming... she supports Maduro on Venezuela. The typical "independent journalist" that is nothing but a charlatan which only job is to spit pro-Russian and anti-West propaganda. And fools will fall into her tricks.

Ah, the Russia Today propaganda lady and professional conspiracy theorist. Very convenient since RT is from Russia and Russia supports Assad.

And wait, you won't see this coming... she supports Maduro on Venezuela. The typical "independent journalist" that is nothing but a charlatan which only job is to spit pro-Russian and anti-West propaganda. And fools will fall into her tricks.
Oy vey conspiracy theories! I hate those. So much scary

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

The majority of Venezuelans support Maduro so I guess she is in good company?

Lisa

Superstar
How about instead of your all-or-nothing histrionics we adopt a policy based in reality.........
It seems as though the US can’t win. If we pull out we are losers/if we stay there we are losers..histrionics has nothing to do with it.

marcecar10

Established
Oy vey conspiracy theories! I hate those. So much scary
They're bs unless you bring proofs and I mean, real proofs, not some wacky photo of 9/11 or some YouTube video made by a nobody.

The majority of Venezuelans support Maduro so I guess she is in good company?
Sure, that's why there is a Venezuelan exodus right now affecting almost all countries of South America which means that around 4million of Venezuelans have fled their country.

Also, in a country where around 50% population is employed by the state (Maduro), it doesn't take a genius to realize the nature of those Maduro "supporters".

Thunderian

Superstar
It seems as though the US can’t win. If we pull out we are losers/if we stay there we are losers..histrionics has nothing to do with it.
The exact same people who have been screaming about the US poking it’s nose into the Middle East are now screaming that the US is not. Notice no one is screaming that Erdogan is attempting genocide against the Kurds.

I don’t agree with Trump in this case, but blaming him for what Turkey is doing doesn’t make sense.

Lisa

Superstar
The exact same people who have been screaming about the US poking it’s nose into the Middle East are now screaming that the US is not. Notice no one is screaming that Erdogan is attempting genocide against the Kurds.

I don’t agree with Trump in this case, but blaming him for what Turkey is doing doesn’t make sense.
Exactly! People talk about the “war criminal”, George W or that we interfered in the ME so that’s why all the muslims are mad at us, so shouldn’t those same people be overjoyed that trump is giving the ME back to the muslims to figure it out on their own?

Trump can never make the right decision just like George W couldn’t...I wonder though will trump get his celebrity friends back once he’s out of office? Ellen doesn’t seem to have a problem with George W now. Even the Clintons and the Obama’s like him and that’s strange because they hated the guy when he was in office...goes to prove it’s all a game..

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
They're bs unless you bring proofs and I mean, real proofs, not some wacky photo of 9/11 or some YouTube video made by a nobody.

Sure, that's why there is a Venezuelan exodus right now affecting almost all countries of South America which means that around 4million of Venezuelans have fled their country.

Also, in a country where around 50% population is employed by the state (Maduro), it doesn't take a genius to realize the nature of those Maduro "supporters".
If you have some cite-able sources regarding your Venezuelan contentions Im willing to look into them. Otherwise, Im going to stick with my own lyin eyes.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
If we never went there in the first place and if we didn't support various warring factions and if we developed alternative energy infrastructure and products independent of foreign resources then gee wiz..... we wouldn't have to be there at all would we?

As it stands, we instigated the whole mess (in conjunction with the KSA, Israel & others). The fact that Trump specifically pulls out the minute number of US personnel whom were preventing this humanitarian catastrophe, in the exact formation which allowed for Erdogan to initiate this act of aggression against sovereign Syrian territory, then attempts to address the situation with "sanctions" should clue you into the reality of the situation. Trumps just carrying on the Republican tradition of getting the Kurds to lay it on the line, then abandoning them once the rubber hits the road.

Lisa

Superstar
If we never went there in the first place and if we didn't support various warring factions and if we developed alternative energy infrastructure and products independent of foreign resources then gee wiz..... we wouldn't have to be there at all would we?
If you say so...

we instigated the whole mess
No we didn’t, trump pulled out like everyone wanted and now he’s vilified for it. Trump isn’t in charge of what others do while he is gone is he?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
If you say so...

No we didn’t, trump pulled out like everyone wanted and now he’s vilified for it. Trump isn’t in charge of what others do while he is gone is he?
I did say so. Are you agreeing or merely attempting to advance your argument via misdirection?

Trump is ADDING troops to the ME, what are you talking about? The only place he removed them just happened to be the exact route which Erdogan could (and did) utilize for invasion once Trump gave him the "coast-is-clear" signal. That crude oil price-per-barrel has you all confused eh?

Lisa

Superstar
I did say so. Are you agreeing or merely attempting to advance your argument via misdirection?

Trump is ADDING troops to the ME, what are you talking about? The only place he removed them just happened to be the exact route which Erdogan could (and did) utilize for invasion once Trump gave him the "coast-is-clear" signal. That crude oil price-per-barrel has you all confused eh?
Just trying to be funny...why does the US only have to have the best reasons for anything and no one else seems to have to? Does Turkey have the best reasons in doing what they are doing?

Is trump responsible for what Turkey is doing?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Just trying to be funny...why does the US only have to have the best reasons for anything and no one else seems to have to? Does Turkey have the best reasons in doing what they are doing?

Is trump responsible for what Turkey is doing?
Your post contradicts itself completely within 3 sentences.... is that a new VC record?