Am I Being Detained? Am I Free To Go?

polymoog

Superstar
i love watching US citizens stand up to the dronelike border patrol. YT is FILLED with footage. this is a new one....

i am pretty disgusted with the right wing morons making comments on this video. are they so brainwashed that they label anyone questioning law enforcement is a 'libtard'? ok, i dont care that shes using "racism" as a reason (i actually find it amusing, though-- let the LGBTQ community start a protest against this too! LOL!!!), but are these commenters-- others on other incarnations of this video-- so anti-immigration that theyve completely lost their mind to their own constitutional rights? thats rhetorical-- i know they have. i have finally seen the idiotic trump voters. they were hard to spot for me, but now, here they are, claiming her to be anti-american and "snot nosed" for not complying with security. if i ever go through a border crossing, ill wear a "make america great again" hat and film it. ill enjoy watching their brain explode.

you do NOT have to answer if you are a citizen or not. fuck the border patrol agent government drones.

i was at an airport several years ago where i refused to go through the body scanner. they put me in a clear holding cell awaiting a pat down. i was with a friend who didnt take any shit. after they took our belongings which went through the metal detector, she started yelling loudly, "my bag has been left unattended! i am reporting that my bag is not in my possession and has been left unattended!" i loved it, so i started yelling it, too. i was watching the sheeple in the files, lining up to get body scanned with radiation. no one twitched. no sign of life. as usual.
we didnt care and kept saying it over and over, not having had to deal with this before, as we were simply following their bullshit rule of "reporting" our missing bags. they got two agents in there who acted professional, i might add, and we were frisked. we were then let go and were able to still catch our flight.

Lurker

Star
i love watching US citizens stand up to the dronelike border patrol. YT is FILLED with footage. this is a new one....

i am pretty disgusted with the right wing morons making comments on this video. are they so brainwashed that they label anyone questioning law enforcement is a 'libtard'? ok, i dont care that shes using "racism" as a reason (i actually find it amusing, though-- let the LGBTQ community start a protest against this too! LOL!!!), but are these commenters-- others on other incarnations of this video-- so anti-immigration that theyve completely lost their mind to their own constitutional rights? thats rhetorical-- i know they have. i have finally seen the idiotic trump voters. they were hard to spot for me, but now, here they are, claiming her to be anti-american and "snot nosed" for not complying with security. if i ever go through a border crossing, ill wear a "make america great again" hat and film it. ill enjoy watching their brain explode.

you do NOT have to answer if you are a citizen or not. fuck the border patrol agent government drones.

i was at an airport several years ago where i refused to go through the body scanner. they put me in a clear holding cell awaiting a pat down. i was with a friend who didnt take any shit. after they took our belongings which went through the metal detector, she started yelling loudly, "my bag has been left unattended! i am reporting that my bag is not in my possession and has been left unattended!" i loved it, so i started yelling it, too. i was watching the sheeple in the files, lining up to get body scanned with radiation. no one twitched. no sign of life. as usual.
we didnt care and kept saying it over and over, not having had to deal with this before, as we were simply following their bullshit rule of "reporting" our missing bags. they got two agents in there who acted professional, i might add, and we were frisked. we were then let go and were able to still catch our flight.
The Border Patrol is tricky as there is a 100 mile constitution free zone from the border (land or sea). If you're firm but polite and white, you'll probably OK. Otherwise, engage at your own risk.

Edit: Filming helps, a lot.

polymoog

Superstar
the yelling incident taught me that its important to draw attention in any situation so that there are witnesses. any evil law enforcement person can bully and control two people, but are quickly overwhelmed and lose their power by a group of people who see an injustice. if they know what they are doing is wrong*, theyll become embarrassed and stop.
furthermore, setting an example that speaking out publicly (literally, or otherwise) gives others the confidence to do so as well.

*not always the case...

polymoog

Superstar
@polymoog, "she started yelling loudly, "my bag has been left unattended! i am reporting that my bag is not in my possession and has been left unattended!" i loved it, so i started yelling it, too."
Hilarious!
i hadnt thought about it until now, but i wonder if its in some videotape room, on a shelf somewhere in an airport. boy, id love to watch it.

Lurker

Star
the yelling incident taught me that its important to draw attention in any situation so that there are witnesses. any evil law enforcement person can bully and control two people, but are quickly overwhelmed and lose their power by a group of people who see an injustice. if they know what they are doing is wrong*, theyll become embarrassed and stop.
furthermore, setting an example that speaking out publicly (literally, or otherwise) gives others the confidence to do so as well.

*not always the case...
I get you. Don't yell "help", yell "fire". People respond to "fire".

polymoog

Superstar
this guy has brass balls.
ive watched a few of his videos. he knows a lot about the law and what the police can and cannot do. however, i dont know if he needs to get so nasty with them. i suppose with all of the harassment he has had with them, its understandable.

innocent or guilty, make sure you watch the 'dont talk to the police' video i posted on the 'what are you watching?' thread.

polymoog

Superstar
It's always better to cooperate with the Police. And I know from personal experience. A Cop could walk into a room full of people and I'm the one they are going to be looking at. So there is just no way I'm going argue with a Cop for 20 minutes about my rights.
is it your ''F- the police!" shirt or are you black? LOL

polymoog

Superstar
It's always better to cooperate with the Police. And I know from personal experience. A Cop could walk into a room full of people and I'm the one they are going to be looking at. So there is just no way I'm going argue with a Cop for 20 minutes about my rights.
cooperate and be polite, but do not answer any questions. if youre not sure why, go watch the video.
there are too many bullying cops on a power trip where its risky to exercise your rights, but you should never answer any questions. i doubt they would rough anyone up for remaining silent since there is no antagonism towards them.

justjess

Superstar
I wonder, considering this thread, how you feel about what these federal agents are doing

Lurker

Star
I wonder, considering this thread, how you feel about what these federal agents are doing
Personally, I'm on the fence. I think what is be done can be done, but per usual it's being done wrong. I haven't really read a lot of the news on this as my give a damn is busted, but if Confederates can be labeled traitors for seceding, what are these autonomous zones? Seems like they are traitors and it becomes a federal issue.

justjess

Superstar
Personally, I'm on the fence. I think what is be done can be done, but per usual it's being done wrong. I haven't really read a lot of the news on this as my give a damn is busted, but if Confederates can be labeled traitors for seceding, what are these autonomous zones? Seems like they are traitors and it becomes a federal issue.
The people in Portland are protesting. They have not formed any sort of autonomous zone.