All People of prayer, pray for Australia!!!

Lisa

Superstar
Folks, let's put our differences to the side, pause, and pray for the people of Australia.
Let me ask you...if someone doesn’t really know God..can they pray as effectively as one who does?

James‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭
The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.​
‭‭

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Folks, let's put our differences to the side, pause, and pray for the people of Australia.
Thank you. My sister gave me a response via text, saying they were all fine but it was very dry and hot. (inland northern New South Wales)

The weather forecasters had been very worried about thunderstorms coming along with the cold front system (lightning potentially starting new bushfires in completely new areas) but they didn't happen... praise God!!!!

The devastation is incredible though, they keep on using size of countries to give people an idea of the massive areas involved. e.g. one area size of Belgium. 2 days ago, More than 12 million acres, size of Vermont and New Hampshire involved. https://time.com/5758186/australia-bushfire-size/

Yesterday - size of the Amazon and California combined. https://7news.com.au/news/bushfires/australian-bushfires-burn-more-land-than-amazon-and-california-fires-combined-c-632478

For anyone who is interested:

Massive property loss, some lives lost (very unusual here in natural disasters), massive wildlife loss, worries about permanent weather changes thanks to loss of rainforests and many other forests. Some are saying it is the worst peacetime disaster we have had.

There will be a lot of long-term effects on people of course, some spiritual. Please pray that this disaster is used to draw people to Jesus and make shallow believers closer to Him and than they have been pre-bushfire disaster.

Let me ask you...if someone doesn’t really know God..can they pray as effectively as one who does?

‭‭
I choose to see Roman Catholics' prayers as prayers of believers who may be Christian DESPITE the Roman Catholic church doctrines, not because of them. We can pray that their prayers are made acceptable to God in these circumstances.

Edit: 9:30 am daylight saving time and live footage shows from southern NSW deep red background like a bright red sunset. It looks absolutely terrible.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar

‭‭
You are just a heinous human being. And at this point clearly a troll.

I hope you and your family are safe @JoChris

Lisa

Superstar
I choose to see Roman Catholics' prayers as prayers of believers who may be Christian DESPITE the Roman Catholic church doctrines, not because of them. We can pray that their prayers are made acceptable to God in these circumstances.
Honestly, I don’t think a Christian would want to stay in a false church...

Did God accept Cain’s sacrifice?

justjess

Superstar
Why? Because I know all prayers aren’t the same?
Because the post was asking to put differences aside in unity to pray for Australia (which is in crisi) and all you could bring yourself to do was bring up differences in theology and your superiority to other people. You are a troll. And a horrible person. Goodbye.

Shannen

Rookie
Thank you for the offer of prayer! People in Australia have been putting aside their differences to fight this terrible disaster. I have asked VC to cover this, it’s horrific here and we’re not even halfway through summer. I don’t care what God you worship (as long as it’s not Satan or demonic), but please pray for a miracle and for rain, we desperately need it. My dad’s house nearly got burnt down yesterday but the wind changed so it was saved. No telling how lucky he may get next time. 30% of the koala population has been wiped out, hundreds if not thousands displaced, over 20 have perished and there are more missing. Someone even took a photograph of what seems to be a devil face formed in the smoke, similar to 911.
I think this may be the beginning of the NWO here in Australia. Pray, pray, pray for us!

Lisa

Superstar
Because the post was asking to put differences aside in unity to pray for Australia (which is in crisi) and all you could bring yourself to do was bring up differences in theology and your superiority to other people. You are a troll. And a horrible person. Goodbye.
I think that @Toulouse could have good wishes for Australia but as for praying to God while believing a false gospel...I just don’t see where his prayers could be heard since he doesn’t pray to the right God in the first place.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
A thread asking for unity regarding a crisis that is effecting millions of people and animals is not the time or place to debate theology or insult someone. But you know that:rolleyes:
Actually, this is the time to say something and not act like we can come together with unbelievers for a “good” reason. That we can somehow find common ground?
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?​

justjess

Superstar
Actually, this is the time to say something and not act like we can come together with unbelievers for a “good” reason. That we can somehow find common ground?
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?​
Again. You are a horrible person. May god have mercy on your soul.

JoChris

Superstar
Why? Because I know all prayers aren’t the same?
Lisa, you already know I agree with what you are saying but there are plenty of other threads on religious differences between Roman Catholic church and (Protestant) Christianity.

Toulouse was showing a kind heart towards my country and I really appreciate that. Same for will wishing and support from other people so far, no matter what faith background they have.It would be good if you reflect upon Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.

Lisa

Superstar
Lisa, you already know I agree with what you are saying but there are plenty of other threads on religious differences between Roman Catholic church and (Protestant) Christianity.

Toulouse was showing a kind heart towards my country and I really appreciate that. Same for will wishing and support from other people so far, no matter what faith background they have.It would be good if you reflect upon Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.
I appreciate you providing scripture..but which one should I look at specifically?

What would you say about this scripture?
2 Corinthians‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭

Should we bind ourselves with unbelievers in this instance?

JoChris

Superstar
I appreciate you providing scripture..but which one should I look at specifically?

What would you say about this scripture?
2 Corinthians‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭

Should we bind ourselves with unbelievers in this instance?
Good topic and one close to my heart (non believing relatives). How about you start a new thread?

Lisa

Superstar
Good topic and one close to my heart (non believing relatives). How about you start a new thread?
I wouldn’t know what to say, maybe since it’s close to your heart..you should start it?

JoChris

Superstar
I wouldn’t know what to say, maybe since it’s close to your heart..you should start it?
That exact same 2 Corinthians chapter 6 passage - e.g. when, where, why, what and how Christians are to use it.

My mind is very busy on my country's crisis right now. I lived in Victoria for several years and I have travelled through a lot of NSW.