All diamonds are fake?

polymoog

Superstar
What if all diamonds are fake?

[7:46] i cant believe they spelled "jewelers" wrong on TV. well, i guess i can believe it, but... wheres the professionalism?

i never understood the diamonds appeal. i guess women like sparkly stuff, but i find it so impersonal to buy a gemstone which the husband didnt find himself. if i was to propose to someone, thats what id do: go to the peacock mine in nevada, US, and dig for black opals or some other place and find what she wanted. thats IF she wanted a stone in the first place, which i would hope she would NOT since its totally impractical, and it would rattle around in my head what kind of person i would be marrying. its the equivalent of men who need F250 4x4 pickup trucks to drive around the suburbs.

Lisa

Superstar
[7:46] i cant believe they spelled "jewelers" wrong on TV. well, i guess i can believe it, but... wheres the professionalism?

i never understood the diamonds appeal. i guess women like sparkly stuff, but i find it so impersonal to buy a gemstone which the husband didnt find himself. if i was to propose to someone, thats what id do: go to the peacock mine in nevada, US, and dig for black opals or some other place and find what she wanted. thats IF she wanted a stone in the first place, which i would hope she would NOT since its totally impractical, and it would rattle around in my head what kind of person i would be marrying. its the equivalent of men who need F250 4x4 pickup trucks to drive around the suburbs.
O polymoog you are so funny..I could it rattling it around your mind. They are pretty to wear..it’s not a horrible thing.

Hon33

Veteran

I love diamonds but I am also a very down to earth person.
I like all gemstones - in fact I love stones in general. I’d be more than happy for you to go and find me a gemstone of your own - but for most people, going to hunt for a unique gemstone is not that convenient - so failing that, I’d be happy for you to buy me one.

polymoog

Superstar
I love diamonds but I am also a very down to earth person.
I like all gemstones - in fact I love stones in general. I’d be more than happy for you to go and find me a gemstone of your own - but for most people, going to hunt for a unique gemstone is not that convenient - so failing that, I’d be happy for you to buy me one.
for you, hon, i would travel the world, searching every creek and abandoned mine for the rarest minerals. i would flip over the pyramids to look for something underneath. only for you. in fact, i pulled this one out of my kidney. its yours:

Aero

Superstar
Pretty good video.

I'm wondering why nobody tried to scale the whole fake diamond thing up though. Like there's probably so many applications besides jewelry. Of course, if that happened diamonds as a status symbol would be eliminated.

Maes17

Superstar
for you, hon, i would travel the world, searching every creek and abandoned mine for the rarest minerals. i would flip over the pyramids to look for something underneath. only for you. in fact, i pulled this one out of my kidney. its yours:

943B014D-4099-461F-9ABB-4466624D2036.jpeg

free2018

Star
Pretty good video.

I'm wondering why nobody tried to scale the whole fake diamond thing up though. Like there's probably so many applications besides jewelry. Of course, if that happened diamonds as a status symbol would be eliminated.
I think that was the point. They have always been phony.
They have been scaled.

polymoog

Superstar
I'm saying like, why don't we have cars made out of diamonds?
they have to fake the scarcity for the diamonds to be of value.
if you are asking, "then why arent more companies making synthetic diamonds?" it could be that the few companies that do it who have a secret monopoly on making the diamonds are high up corporate elite circles and no one infringes upon their scam. boeing is the only one producing passenger airplanes for all of the airlines... same thing there.

Last edited:

free2018

Star
It’s all about shekels and metal slavery— mental slavery ( spellcheck).

Last edited: