"All Christians Are Problematic, Even Me And You" -Huffington Post

Etagloc

Superstar
Uh-oh, Christians. Looks like you're... problematic.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-miller-problematic-christianity_us_5b4b7887e4b0bc69a788148e

If I live to a decent life span (which I hope to do- I'm optimistic and see no reason to think I won't), I might get to write an obituary for Western Culture.

Western Culture: The Story of how a Civilization Rose Out of Backwardness, Conquered Entire World, Got Old, Became Senile Then Killed Itself While Pathologically Uttering Apologies for its Existence

A new day is rising. Don't get mad at me- I didn't just make up the "Western Civilization is in Decline" thesis that is a running theme throughout my posts. I'm just repeating what I learned from Western philosophers themselves. I'm just reporting the news, I didn't make it.

Apparently, Western civilization has somehow invoked the wrath of God. I wonder what caused it (I'm being serious- I really do wonder).

EpistemiX

Established
An interesting article but I wouldn't say the Huff qualifies as "philosophy". However, I do agree largely with the article.

Etagloc

Superstar
An interesting article but I wouldn't say the Huff qualifies as "philosophy". However, I do agree largely with the article.
By "Western philosophers," I wasn't referring to Huffington Post (of course not). I was referring to Oswald Spengler and José Ortega y Gasset.

I think the Huffington Post is a joke. The West is commiting some sort of suicide and it's interesting in the way a tragic car accident on the side of the road is interesting.

"We must also learn to take responsibility, even if the critique isn’t lobbed at any specific thing we ourselves might have done. Whether or not you’ve done something yourself to be ashamed of, if we identify as a Christian, we belong to a collective group responsible for discrimination, colonization and genocide and it’s time all of us under the umbrella of Christianity do what we can to change our public perception."
(the Huffington Post article)

That is ridiculous. If you read the article, she's a so-caled Christian trying to convince Christians to be ashamed of their religion and "check their privilige". I feel like I'm watching the Seventh Seal where the medieval Christians are practicing self-flagellation. Here she is trying to bring back self-flagellation into Christianity.

(mute the music- it was added by the uploader and not part of the movie... plus is haraam)

My point is.... well one of them.... is this confirms Spengler's nearly 100-year-old "Decline of the West" thesis. All the foundations of Western culture are being removed from under it as Western culture commits cultural suicide. It feels good to be a Muslim. Not because I'm taking pleasure in others' misfortunes but because I wouldn't want to be in the sinking boat that Christians are in. I'm not even sure if it's sinking or it's already reached the bottom of the ocean. I think it's somewhere in between. I'm pretty sure it hasn't reached its lowest yet.

Meanwhile the Christians seem to be off in la-la-land. I don't mean that as an insult. I say that out of sadness. I'd rather people be Christian than..... whatever Christianity's going to be replaced with.... or whatever mutated form it is going to take in the future.

JoChris

Superstar
Uh-oh, Christians. Looks like you're... problematic.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-miller-problematic-christianity_us_5b4b7887e4b0bc69a788148e

If I live to a decent life span (which I hope to do- I'm optimistic and see no reason to think I won't), I might get to write an obituary for Western Culture.

Western Culture: The Story of how a Civilization Rose Out of Backwardness, Conquered Entire World, Got Old, Became Senile Then Killed Itself While Pathologically Uttering Apologies for its Existence

A new day is rising. Don't get mad at me- I didn't just make up the "Western Civilization is in Decline" thesis that is a running theme throughout my posts. I'm just repeating what I learned from Western philosophers themselves. I'm just reporting the news, I didn't make it.

Apparently, Western civilization has somehow invoked the wrath of God. I wonder what caused it (I'm being serious- I really do wonder).
I take Brandy Miller's claim to be a Christian as seriously as I take McDonald's claim to be a healthy option via adding apple slices to McHappy meals.

Western civilization has abandoned Judeo-Christian morals it was built upon and God has let us bear the consequences. Law of the jungle/ different laws for rich has resulted.

In USA it appears that when genuine Christians speak out against society's many ills they are howled down by people who live what they truly believe in - themselves (and not the Christian God they claim to believe in).

In Australia we generally don't see fake Christians saying one thing and doing the opposite because people do not have the need to pretend to be Christians here. So I don't have your belief that Western culture is a Christian one. My country is a post-Christian one.

Therefore I think the woman should just come out as an ex-Christian (if she is one) or very liberal Christian if she is truly honest with herself, but then the Huffington Post would stop paying her of course (if atheist).

Etagloc

Superstar
I take Brandy Miller's claim to be a Christian as seriously as I take McDonald's claim to be a healthy option via adding apple slices to McHappy meals.

Western civilization has abandoned Judeo-Christian morals it was built upon and God has let us bear the consequences. Law of the jungle/ different laws for rich has resulted.

In USA it appears that when genuine Christians speak out against society's many ills they are howled down by people who live what they truly believe in - themselves (and not the Christian God they claim to believe in).

In Australia we generally don't see fake Christians saying one thing and doing the opposite because people do not have the need to pretend to be Christians here. So I don't have your belief that Western culture is a Christian one. My country is a post-Christian one.

Therefore I think the woman should just come out as an ex-Christian (if she is one) or very liberal Christian if she is truly honest with herself, but then the Huffington Post would stop paying her of course (if atheist).
An excellent post, @JoChris
You really described the state of things very well.
I agree with your concept of a "post-Christian" state.
I think Western culture is in a post-Christian period. I'm sort of curious and sort of horrified at what will come next. Unless people turn to God, this can't be headed anywhere good.

Etagloc

Superstar
Oh, no.. HuffPo wrote another hit piece. God forbid anyone forget who the enemy is-- just another exercise in blame assignment, and the gleeful sowing of discord.
Who is the enemy? And who is sowing discord?

I simply pointed out an attack on Christianity.

JinnieAnne

Established
An excellent post, @JoChris
You really described the state of things very well.
I agree with your concept of a "post-Christian" state.
I think Western culture is in a post-Christian period. I'm sort of curious and sort of horrified at what will come next. Unless people turn to God, this can't be headed anywhere good.
I am also horrified by what's next. I am an Orthodox Christian.Christianity is just incredible, the most beautiful ever. And it wants our sake and I am so sad and so sorry that so many people don't realise its beauty and value. It seems that people just don't want to be with God, maybe because it's not that comfortable. And we all know that humans love comfort and sins give people satisfaction(a short and not helpful one), but people choose the sin in general and sin is self-destruction. Some people just lost their discernment.
I am sorry for this situation. It's a terrible attack against Christianity in this world.
But anybody can change. And anybody can turn back to God. Jesus Christ came into this world for everybody. God is ready to forgive and heal our souls. We are all spiritually sick.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Etagloc

I think you are more familiar with American Christianity than I am. In the states there are certainly places where people will give lip service to Christianity to "fit in", and on the other hand there are other Christians leaders who have a Dominionist view....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/Christian-dominionism.html

This Dominionist view seems to be held especially by some Charismatic Evangelicals where the concept of a Christian Nation not unlike the Roman Catholic "Holy Roman Empire" is aimed at. Very interesting what is happening when these two very different groups are coming together btw:

David Wilkerson in the 1970s seemed to have uncanny insight into what might be transpiring now:

A more Biblical perspective on society (imo) comes from the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares.

Matthew 13

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’ ”

https://www.gotquestions.org/parable-wheat-tares.html

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
Personal insults.
@elsbet

You are one ugly woman. I hope you're not married. Unlike you, I have compassion and humanity in my heart and so I hope that you're not married for the sake of any poor guy who would be your husband. If you have a husband, he deserves better than you. No one should have to wake up next a shrill harpy like you. And if I knew him, I think I'd make it clear to him that he can get better. I think I'd remind him of the Bible verses that address bitter, hateful women like you.

You could have the face of Marilyn Monroe but you are one one ugly woman. You wicked witch of whatever-your-geography is.

I hope your womb has been as dry and barren as your soul. If you have kids, I know those kids are suffering and I wish I could help them.

I have life. I'm not a whitewashed tomb like you are.

I know what you're about. I know why couldn't answer my question.

You're about as Christian as an upside-down cross. You're not a Christian and I know that doesn't bother you- because you're simply not a Christian.

You're a wolf in sheep's clothes who poses as a Christian.

You're not a Christian- you're a white nationalist who poses as a Christian. I know what you're about. You couldn't say who the enemy is because you don't want to come into the open. I'm well aware of your white nationalist agenda. To you, "the enemy" is brown people and Muslims. Spread unjustified slander about me all you want but just be aware that racism leads to hell.

You probably look something like this

And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.

-Ecclesiastes 7:26

It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.

-Proverbs 21:9

elsbet

Superstar
@Etagloc

I think you are more familiar with American Christianity than I am. In the states there are certainly places where people will give lip service to Christianity to "fit in", and on the other hand there are other Christians leaders who have a Dominionist view....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/Christian-dominionism.html

This Dominionist view seems to be held especially by some Charismatic Evangelicals where the concept of a Christian Nation not unlike the Roman Catholic "Holy Roman Empire" is aimed at. Very interesting what is happening when these two very different groups are coming together btw:

David Wilkerson in the 1970s seemed to have uncanny insight into what might be transpiring now:

A more Biblical perspective on society (imo) comes from the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares.

Matthew 13

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’ ”

Indeed.

Kenneth Copeland :rolleyes: ... he mentioned that the devil wouldn't want to come up against him, with his resources. The comment was so audacious that even his ally (Tom/Tim White, I think) paused and looked at him like.. really? I'm pretty sure the devil snickered, too. Good post, Red. :)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Indeed.

Kenneth Copeland :rolleyes: ... he mentioned that the devil wouldn't want to come up against him, with his resources. The comment was so audacious that even his ally (Tom/Tim White, I think) paused and looked at him like.. really? I'm pretty sure the devil snickered, too. Good post, Red. :)
Do you mean Todd White? I used to really like him but he seems to have become sucked into Mr Copeland's agenda...

elsbet

Superstar
@elsbet

You are one ugly woman. I hope you're not married. Unlike you, I have compassion and humanity in my heart and so I hope that you're not married for the sake of any poor guy who would be your husband. If you have a husband, he deserves better than you. No one should have to wake up next a shrill harpy like you. And if I knew him, I think I'd make it clear to him that he can get better. I think I'd remind him of the Bible verses that address bitter, hateful women like you.

You could have the face of Marilyn Monroe but you are one one ugly woman. You wicked witch of whatever-your-geography is.

I hope your womb has been as dry and barren as your soul. If you have kids, I know those kids are suffering and I wish I could help them.

I have life. I'm not a whitewashed tomb like you are.

I know what you're about. I know why couldn't answer my question.

You're about as Christian as an upside-down cross. You're not a Christian and I know that doesn't bother you- because you're simply not a Christian.

You're a wolf in sheep's clothes who poses as a Christian.

You're not a Christian- you're a white nationalist who poses as a Christian. I know what you're about. You couldn't say who the enemy is because you don't want to come into the open. I'm well aware of your white nationalist agenda. To you, "the enemy" is brown people and Muslims. Spread unjustified slander about me all you want but just be aware that racism leads to hell.

You probably look something like this

And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.

-Ecclesiastes 7:26

It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.

-Proverbs 21:9
And dont you forget it. :cool:

I'll get you, my pretty... and your little dog, too.

Karlysymon

Superstar
@Etagloc

Matthew 13

Good find Red!
Just wait when their dream is realized and they are the driving force behind political power. That's a great comparison you bring up with HRCC and that begs the question: aren't they setting up an image unto the wounded beast? You can also bet that persecution isn't far off. Dissent will not be tolerated, especially when it comes to their sacred cow, Israel (no offence to you!)Iam watching the Christian Taliban very closely :)

The Copelands are so annoying to watch. As you might be aware they were part of Trump's Faith advisory team. (Image)
Jeffress has made rounds on here, Hagee is staple but the coziness with the political establishment makes for interesting developments.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/june-web-only/whos-who-of-trumps-tremendous-faith-advisors.html

elsbet

Superstar
Do you mean Todd White? I used to really like him but he seems to have become sucked into Mr Copeland's agenda...

Yes! I'd looked into him because a neighbor had gone to see him, and seemed to think a lot of him. I wonder what I would have thought if he hadn't been associated with Copeland.. but pastors with celebrity status always make me a little leery. Like Steven Furtick.. Elevation church, I believe it is.