All causes for mental problems are spiritual

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Really insightful article. It's a shame people don't know how and where to get help.
article
Very interesting @Vytas

I might not attribute ALL mental ill health to demonic effects, but there is a far higher proportion than the modern mental health professions are willing to acknowledge.

Much of the Soul they talk, but all awry;
And in themselves seek virtue; and to themselves
All glory arrogate, to God give none
John Milton, Paradise Regained

Here is an interesting extract from the article you posted up. I have encountered demonic entities and they really ARE nasty!

Three decades ago, had I seen a page labeled “Demons Are For Real”, I would have scoffed, “Oh Really!”

"After working seven years in one of the largest psychiatric hospitals in the world, eighteen years in the psych department of a large state prison, two years in the largest mental health center in the city and over eleven years working in hospital ER’s dealing with psych crisis, I’ve seen things that fly in the face of both reason and my academic training. After what I’ve experienced on the front lines, I have no doubt that demons exist. I’ve both seen and spoken to them and they are very nasty.

The voices schizophrenics hear are not hallucinations as psychiatry maintains. Psychiatry insists that if you give these so called hallucinations any attention, such as questioning patients about their nature, you are making these patients worse. Ignoring their demands to not query these patients, I found that the “voices” schizophrenics hear run well defined, predictable and destructive patterns very different from common hallucinations.

Once these “hallucinations” became aware that I was providing information to these patients that would weaken these voices, I became both a threat and a target. It became clear that what psychiatry insisted were hallucinations were not only conscious but aware of what was going on around them. In one case a patient I’d never seen before reported his voices warned him to stay away from me the minute I walked into the emergency room.

Providing people with knowledge of the existence of this menace and how they manifest in our lives is last thing these demonic entities desire. They want you to go on believing that in this age of science, demons are fictional, a maniacal throwback to medieval and prehistoric days; tales of the uneducated.

They are thrilled that you ignore the twenty-three or more times Jesus mentioned casting out demons and even more pleased when you view the Bible as irrelevant to this issue. They prefer you to believe that science is God and demons don’t exist.

It’s so much easier for these evil entities to go about their destructive work in stealth when their existence is denied by the millions upon whom they prey. Like a tapeworm whose victim is ignorant of its presence, they don’t want you to know they exist. This isn’t about religion. This is about understanding that spirits exist and that evil spirits fear love and certain phrases from biblical text.

The information that upsets them most and to which they react the strongest is your becoming aware that they feed off of YOU. They drain and steal your life energy. In order to do this they must first turn your emotional state negative. It is only negative emotional energy that sustains them. Look at the state of the world today and their negative influence in the production of negative emotional energy becomes very clear.

They want no interference with their food source. They don’t want you to have a family or friends or for you to be educated about how to interfere with their attacks. They want you isolated and alone. They hate when you go to Church or read the Bible and will attempt to convince you that these activities are boring and fruitless. They do this in a manner least suspected, by inserting ideas in your head and then attempting to convince you to believe and act on them, often to your own detriment. This is their way.

Being aware that demons really do exist is the first step toward countering and eliminating their negative influence on your life.

If you look back upon your life, you will see that when you get into a negative funk your energy disappears. You can’t get anything done. No one ever questions where their energy reserve has gone. Many Schizophrenic patients reported they can actually feel their energy leave when they are attacked by their demonic voices. Despite the one-to-one correlation between the appearance of the voices and their energy disappearing, they are not permitted awareness of this connection."

Continues

JoChris

Superstar
Really insightful article. It's a shame people don't know how and where to get help.
article
I half agree with you.
Some mental illnesses are physical. E.g. the worst nursing home patient I had to take care of was a woman who had side-effects of brain tumour surgery. Alzheimer's Disease is physical. Bipolar Disease is physical.

People with PTSD more complicated. Some suffering could be spiritual.

Sorry, this is dangerous thinking. People with issues will think there is something wrong with them, that they aren’t praying hard enough, believing hard enough etc, or they won’t get help and just view it as a religious thing.

No offense to anyone but no amount of prayer or belief is going to cure your mental illness, it just doesn’t work that way. It can help a lot, but mental illness is a chemistry issue and not a spiritual one.

mecca

Superstar
So you want to regress back to calling people with mental illnesses possessed? That's a great way to restigmatize mental illness and provide absolutely no help to these people who are struggling with a very real physical issue.

So you want to regress back to calling people with mental illnesses possessed? That's a great way to restigmatize mental illness and provide absolutely no help to these people who are struggling with a very real physical issue.
Yeah might as well start drilling holes in peoples heads again to let the demons out.
Eventually this thinking takes us to burning people at the stake because they are possessed.

A lot of people raised in religious households do no receive help because of this world view, or they see a "Christian Psychologist" who will just tell them to pray more. .

Vytas

Star
I spent years working in psychiatric hospital, and no one ever was cured. I know how medicaments are chosen, i know it all. Repeating same over and over again and expecting different results is the real madness...

DesertRose

Superstar
Vytas :)
I think you used 'all' to get a discussion going correct?
You are aware nutritional deficiencies can lead to mental issues as well? Mind you I do agree that spiritual issues can also lead to mental problems.

Last edited:
I spent years working in psychiatric hospital, and no one ever was cured. I know how medicaments are chosen, i know it all. Repeating same over and over again and expecting different results is the real madness...
It’s because there aren’t any cures, it can be managed and treated, and if certain life conditions are met not be noticeable, but as of now there are no cures. Mental hospitals are also severe cases.

What you are proposing in this thread is so ignorant as to be dangerous, and I mean that as respectfully as I can.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Very interesting @Vytas

I might not attribute ALL mental ill health to demonic effects, but there is a far higher proportion than the modern mental health professions are willing to acknowledge.

Much of the Soul they talk, but all awry;

And in themselves seek virtue; and to themselves

All glory arrogate, to God give none

John Milton, Paradise Regained

Here is an interesting extract from the article you posted up. I have encountered demonic entities and they really ARE nasty!

Three decades ago, had I seen a page labeled “Demons Are For Real”, I would have scoffed, “Oh Really!”

"After working seven years in one of the largest psychiatric hospitals in the world, eighteen years in the psych department of a large state prison, two years in the largest mental health center in the city and over eleven years working in hospital ER’s dealing with psych crisis, I’ve seen things that fly in the face of both reason and my academic training. After what I’ve experienced on the front lines, I have no doubt that demons exist. I’ve both seen and spoken to them and they are very nasty.

The voices schizophrenics hear are not hallucinations as psychiatry maintains. Psychiatry insists that if you give these so called hallucinations any attention, such as questioning patients about their nature, you are making these patients worse. Ignoring their demands to not query these patients, I found that the “voices” schizophrenics hear run well defined, predictable and destructive patterns very different from common hallucinations.

Once these “hallucinations” became aware that I was providing information to these patients that would weaken these voices, I became both a threat and a target. It became clear that what psychiatry insisted were hallucinations were not only conscious but aware of what was going on around them. In one case a patient I’d never seen before reported his voices warned him to stay away from me the minute I walked into the emergency room.

Providing people with knowledge of the existence of this menace and how they manifest in our lives is last thing these demonic entities desire. They want you to go on believing that in this age of science, demons are fictional, a maniacal throwback to medieval and prehistoric days; tales of the uneducated.

They are thrilled that you ignore the twenty-three or more times Jesus mentioned casting out demons and even more pleased when you view the Bible as irrelevant to this issue. They prefer you to believe that science is God and demons don’t exist.

It’s so much easier for these evil entities to go about their destructive work in stealth when their existence is denied by the millions upon whom they prey. Like a tapeworm whose victim is ignorant of its presence, they don’t want you to know they exist. This isn’t about religion. This is about understanding that spirits exist and that evil spirits fear love and certain phrases from biblical text.

The information that upsets them most and to which they react the strongest is your becoming aware that they feed off of YOU. They drain and steal your life energy. In order to do this they must first turn your emotional state negative. It is only negative emotional energy that sustains them. Look at the state of the world today and their negative influence in the production of negative emotional energy becomes very clear.

They want no interference with their food source. They don’t want you to have a family or friends or for you to be educated about how to interfere with their attacks. They want you isolated and alone. They hate when you go to Church or read the Bible and will attempt to convince you that these activities are boring and fruitless. They do this in a manner least suspected, by inserting ideas in your head and then attempting to convince you to believe and act on them, often to your own detriment. This is their way.

Being aware that demons really do exist is the first step toward countering and eliminating their negative influence on your life.

If you look back upon your life, you will see that when you get into a negative funk your energy disappears. You can’t get anything done. No one ever questions where their energy reserve has gone. Many Schizophrenic patients reported they can actually feel their energy leave when they are attacked by their demonic voices. Despite the one-to-one correlation between the appearance of the voices and their energy disappearing, they are not permitted awareness of this connection."

Continues
Lately I've started to think that the demons are the ones causing people to hear voices in their head and those poor tortured souls being deemed "mentally Ill". Since most people don't believe demons exist it's much easier to say that they're mentally ill and need medication. What you just said hit the nail on the head. I'm glad you got to see for yourself that these evil entities DO IN FACT EXIST, you can see with a new set of eyes the ugly reality.

When I read stories of "the devil made me do it" I feel so sad for those poor victims of demons. People look at the headline and say "oh there's another crazy person committing a crime", but they don't stop to think if it could be real. It's well known in the Bible that demons have afflicted and tortured human beings. It's still going on today even though their tactics are not as obvious as biblical times.

I'm not going to fully attribute the mental illnesses to the demons because I know severe childhood abuse is also a cause for mental illness or genetics too. The demons might attach themselves to these afflicted ones and torture them for their "evil fun" 'cause it's easier for the illness to disguise the demons' doing.

Being far away from God makes a person vulnerable to demonic attacks. SO MANY PEOPLE that want nothing to do with God become targets. You can only hope they can come under the protecting wings of Jehovah our Lord sooner rather than later.

I wish I could like your response a hundred more times. It also explains how new technologies are making us feel like there's a black cloud looming over our heads, sad, dejected and negative.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Sorry, this is dangerous thinking. People with issues will think there is something wrong with them, that they aren’t praying hard enough, believing hard enough etc, or they won’t get help and just view it as a religious thing.

No offense to anyone but no amount of prayer or belief is going to cure your mental illness, it just doesn’t work that way. It can help a lot, but mental illness is a chemistry issue and not a spiritual one.
You're right, prayer or belief will not cure the mental illness and but does help greatly. One can heave greater peace of mind and heart and receive spiritual protection from God.

A balanced mentality goes a long way :)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You're right, prayer or belief will not cure the mental illness and but does help greatly. One can heave greater peace of mind and heart and receive spiritual protection from God.

A balanced mentality goes a long way :)
There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them.​
C. S. Lewis

JoChris

Superstar
I also believe that not all spiritually caused mental illness can be blamed upon demons. Unrepented of sins have long-term effects on mental health. e.g sin of unforgiveness -->> bitterness --> depression.
This website shows what I mean. http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/

elsbet

Superstar
This man had a lot to say about the phenomenon... demons, that is.

DEREK PRINCE

As an aside-- worrying about what other people think is a waste of time. Too many people are deathly afraid of what they perceive (correctly) as a lack of control. The Lie is that we can somehow gain and keep control of our surroundings-- and for some, that is maintaining the belief that only the material world exists (another lie)-- but we cannot. Reality dictates we control absolutely nothing, but ourselves-- and even that can be difficult, at times. :p