All causes for mental problems are spiritual

hyorishthottie

Established
true.
but some people are born into this world with defects and illnesses cause of their negligent parents.
I know a child who is all sorts of mentally ill and ADHD / Autistic cause her mother drank and smoked crack while she was pregnant.
the baby is doing better these days but still off the wall and so hard to manage she does things not even the most normal autistic childern do it's unbelievable.

some are purposely lost from god, some dont know god or a higher power and others put innocent babies and family into despair.

Todd

Star
I think with most things that there is a healthy balance between the two sides. In our counseling we have advised people to seek medication on temporary basis to bring a level of stability while we developed a counseling and inner healing plan.

Emotional and mental issues can be from past hurts and un-dealt with pain, anger, bitterness and un-forgiveness. It’s not always demons.

We never assume it is. We have never premeditated or planned a deliverance session. Every time we have ever been used to cast out a demon or lead someone in spiritual deliverance it has been an organic spontaneous development of counseling and prayer with an individual that has asked for our help.

Vytas

Star
It’s because there aren’t any cures, it can be managed and treated, and if certain life conditions are met not be noticeable, but as of now there are no cures. Mental hospitals are also severe cases.

What you are proposing in this thread is so ignorant as to be dangerous, and I mean that as respectfully as I can.
I understand your stance and understand how you see it. That is opinion of majority. So for a person to try something different who has no hope otherwise is very dangerous got it.

elsbet

Superstar
I understand your stance and understand how you see it. That is opinion of majority. So for a person to try something different who has no hope otherwise is very dangerous got it.
I've only seen one actively ill schizophrenic-- I was visiting with the roommate who was wildly overmedicated at the time. This guy was in the midst of auditory and visual 'hallucinations', apparently... he was just pacing and beating on his chest. Not like a monkey with fists clenched... his hands were open. It was more like he was trying to drown it out? Idk... but I said (I was much younger)-- is that necessary? He replied, quite frankly and with a small, sardonic laugh-- you try putting up with this shit all night.

*blink* Fair enough.

Todd

Star
Interesting.
To clarify, it is was only twice in extreme cases and always a temporary measure. For example a father of 8 kids who had an OCD and anger issue. It was rare that he didn’t come home and have a breakdown and lash out in front of his kids. The medication was to protect his kids until we could deal with his issues.

The other was a young girl who was self harming. I’m glad to say both of them dealt with their issues and are healed and drug free today.

JoChris

Superstar
To clarify, it is was only twice in extreme cases and always a temporary measure. For example a father of 8 kids who had an OCD and anger issue. It was rare that he didn’t come home and have a breakdown and lash out in front of his kids. The medication was to protect his kids until we could deal with his issues.

The other was a young girl who was self harming. I’m glad to say both of them dealt with their issues and are healed and drug free today.
Did they come to faith in Jesus Christ as well?

Todd

Star
How successful were you ? And why did you stopped ?
Not sure what you are asking...
We never try to force deliverance based on our own agenda or will. Because it happens spontaneously based on what God is doing, I would say it's been successful everytime. It's not my doing, it's God and he is always successful.

Have we started to council people and not see them follow through? Of course. However, every single person that has come to us and truly been wanting and willing to change we have been able to help.

Curious why you asked that I stopped? Did I make a remark that made you think I wouldn't do it again?

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them.​
C. S. Lewis
Great point you raised Red Sky At Morning.

It can be dangerous to NOT BELIEVE in these evil entities for a person cannot know what they're capable of or their tactics.

It can be even more dangerous to become too interested in them and seek them out, it will be a disastrous and excruciating experience.

It's good to know that they exist, what their tactics are are and just leave it at that. Always avoid all sorts of spiritism, fortune-telling, speaking with the dead, things that have to do with the occult, paranormal, games or anything that has to do with the evil supernatural. Do know that's how they try to entice you. No one in their right mind would willingly step straight into a trap.

Vytas

Star
Curious why you asked that I stopped? Did I make a remark that made you think I wouldn't do it again?
No simply because you did something good that few know about and even fewer are able, that is God's work. Why stop ?

Todd

Star
No simply because you did something good that few know about and even fewer are able, that is God's work. Why stop ?
I haven't stopped. If the occasion and situation arises, I am always willing to be used by God.
My wife and I council and help people by word of mouth or God ordained connections. Were you under the impression we were professional counselors that did this for a living at one point? We do not do it for money or ever charge people for our council or help.

We do have a vision after we retire to have a place where people who are in crisis type situations (marriage problems, addictions, abusive relationships, self harm, unwanted preganancy, etc...) can come and stay no charge and get ministry and counseling. It could also be for someone who just wants a place to get away from the cares of the world and seek God for a time.

JoChris

Superstar
if you get bashed on the head and go a bit mental, it isn't spiritual, it is physical
I agree with you. I also believe vunerable people can become spiritually oppressed because they may develop faulty reasoning skills/ emotional problems after physical damage. e.g. fall into patterns of sins they would not have done before they had a head injury.

I agree with you. I also believe vunerable people can become spiritually oppressed because they may develop faulty reasoning skills/ emotional problems after physical damage. e.g. fall into patterns of sins they would not have done before they had a head injury.
Yeh but after 2000 years of billions of people with the holy spirit in them
when Jesus said a seed's worth of faith could move a mountain....when he called people back then 'ye of little faith' because they couldnt perform miracles...
you would think we humans would be running entire galaxies by now...
think about it, look at ancient religions/civilisations, they looked to the stars, they dreamed big...
whilst islam doesnt make bold claims about having special powers, christianity does...via the holy spirit, connection to Jesus etc..
therefore a few psychological issues should be of no concern to christians.

it should literally happen where someone like you, should be able to lay hands on a sick person and heal them.
if you can't do that, what is the point promoting your religion? it's entire claim to superiority over others is that it has some special power others don't...and i see no proof of it.