Alien - Die Antwoord // A dark video about alienation and eating disorders

MinnieMuis

Rookie
I thought I'd like to show a video posted regarding eating disorders and what would seem to be the feeling of being an outsider

The video is filled with symbolism but I am not sure if this is also an anti-occult project

any thoughts?

MinnieMuis

Rookie
What do you think Die Antwoord aim for? positive or negative energy manipulation?

mecca

Superstar
This is a fan video, it's not made by Die Antwoord...
The description of the video gives more information.

MinnieMuis

Rookie
I know, but regardless it is a powerful message about the effects mass media and labelling has on young women around the world. Perhaps this is the reason mental disorders maybe on the rise - otherwise its just Big Pharma wanting more money

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I don't know if this sheds any light but "Die Antwoord" translates via Google to "That Answer"... Not my kind of stuff, I must confess!

I could not finish the video.

Brought back too many bad memories of struggling with anorexia & bulimia from the pressure of being thinner. Mine came not so much from society but from practicing ballet from age 3-17.

I was an early bloomer (which is pretty rare for ballerinas), and was mortified when my breasts were a c-cup at 14, then a “D” by 16. At 16 with the boobs came the butt & curvy hips, and even though I was 5’7”, 119 lbs, and 11% body fat, I still felt overweight.

The model ballerina is extremely flat chested, with narrow hips and I am an hourglass.

I tried smooshing my boobs down with sports tape and bandages, but that just enhananced cleavage, which is undesirable in a ballerina.

Now I am healed from anorexia, but eat really healthy and haven’t purged in almost 10 yrs.

I miss ballet & still occasionally practice, but I would never allow my daughter to take ballet.