alexandria ocasio-cortez: political actress

Lurker

Star
Income tax is the most just form of taxation
And sales taxes are regressive
I disagree. I think a sales tax is far more fair as it gives the individual control over the amount they pay in taxes.
Corporate taxes are a mixed bag. Large corporations should be taxed (much more than they are now), so as to inhibit their ability to monopolize markets, but small corporations should not be taxed,
Again, I disagree. Corporations are not natural persons, therefore, subject to taxation.
Property taxes are regressive because they force the monetization of all property and land and they hurt the little guy more than big business.
Yeah, property tax is a reminder that you don't own shit.

I disagree. I think a sales tax is far more fair as it gives the individual control over the amount they pay in taxes.

Again, I disagree. Corporations are not natural persons, therefore, subject to taxation.

Yeah, property tax is a reminder that you don't own shit.
There is no way that a sales tax is fair. The poor and working classes are hit the hardest by taxes on daily essentials that are meaningless to the rich.

Lurker

Star
There is no way that a sales tax is fair. The poor and working classes are hit the hardest by taxes on daily essentials that are meaningless to the rich.
I could edit to add that food and medicine/first aid should not be taxed. However, I stand by my overall point.

Lurker

Star
What about hygiene products, clothing and school supplies? All of which disproportionately affect the poor and working class.
My state does a tax-free week for back to school clothes/supplies including electronics (up to a certain amount). Also, a tax-free week for emergency supplies including generators (up to a certain amount). I don't see why tax-free, at least for clothes, couldn't be done more than once a year. Hygiene? IDK, maybe the store brand but I don't think the fancy soaps and stuff should necessarily be tax exempt. That being said, I still think sales tax is more fair than income tax. At least with sales tax I have some control over the amount I pay in taxes.

My state does a tax-free week for back to school clothes/supplies including electronics (up to a certain amount). Also, a tax-free week for emergency supplies including generators (up to a certain amount). I don't see why tax-free, at least for clothes, couldn't be done more than once a year. Hygiene? IDK, maybe the store brand but I don't think the fancy soaps and stuff should necessarily be tax exempt. That being said, I still think sales tax is more fair than income tax. At least with sales tax I have some control over the amount I pay in taxes.
You might think it’s more fair and LRC might tell you it is, but it isn’t.

https://www.citylab.com/life/2015/01/how-local-sales-taxes-target-the-poor-and-widen-the-income-gap/384643/

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/who-bears-burden-national-retail-sales-tax

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2015/01/14/business/local-taxes-hit-lower-wage-earners-harder-study-finds.amp.htmlThe

polymoog

Superstar

2:13. 2 people in the audience rightfully call her out.
her base is beginning to realize she stands for the NWO establishment.

redqueen

Superstar