Aldous Huxley Interview - A Real Prophet

TruthSucker

Established
I was just stumbling over this gem and wanna share it.

For those who don't already know Aldous Huxley, he's the author of "Brave new world".
If you didn't read this until now I highly recommend this to everyone, I would say it's standard reading which should be teached in school to every class as well as "1984" from George Orwell.

In this video from 1958 he foresees a lot of things which are reality 60 years later. A very intelligent man.

There's nothing to discuss i guess, but now you know it, you can share it. Enjoy, peace.

rainerann

Star
Brave New World is one of the most bizarre books I have ever read. 1984 was also pretty bizarre, but the ending to Brave New World was profound according to literary analysis. To have the hero take their own life and end the story where the brainwashed society continues as though it would continue indefinitely was terrifying to consider. What did you think of the ending?

I plan to watch the interview later.

TruthSucker

Established
I don't know what you mean by bizarre. What exactly was bizarre to you? It was one of the two (this two) real eye openers to me.

I actually liked the end cause it wasn't a happy end. Storys with no happy end are always the ones who touch me in an uncomfortable way which seems very more realistic to me than this "hollywood mainstream everything will be good" stuff. Cause life isn't all that good and the dark sides are part of it.

To me it was creepy, not bizarre. Both of the books. Creepy, how visionary the authors described a (our) society in detail and how near we've come to this description.

williejonesjr

Veteran
I was just stumbling over this gem and wanna share it.

For those who don't already know Aldous Huxley, he's the author of "Brave new world".
If you didn't read this until now I highly recommend this to everyone, I would say it's standard reading which should be teached in school to every class as well as "1984" from George Orwell.

In this video from 1958 he foresees a lot of things which are reality 60 years later. A very intelligent man.

There's nothing to discuss i guess, but now you know it, you can share it. Enjoy, peace.
Nothing to discuss??!

Why was he "allowed" to go on TV & express his views like that? Make all those claims when TPTB already had their plans in order? Just to create a contrary opinion or discredit him, try to make him look like an opposer?

I can't believe he was spot on about everything. Technology, drugs, using the children, political candidates...
The only thing he didn't touch on was the education system & how it is used on the children.

I was so programmed that I thought Pink Floyd's "we don't need no education.. Thought control.. Leave those kids alone" was.. Blasphemy!!
But teachers are merely sophists. Paid to do a job.

I digress. Why didn't he touch on education? It was already being used to influence children back in the 50"s.

Great video.

TruthSucker

Established
He seems like a very reserved man, kind of shy. So I guess he's just answering the questions. But you will definitely get an aswer if you ask the question! That's how I see him. And he has the answers.

Why was he on TV doing what he was doing ... hmmm. That's a good question. Times were different those days. I think 99%, if not more, had no clue what was possible by using television and radio as a tool for propaganda for example.
I mean we live in a time where everyone should be kind of super-intelligent due to the fact that you can collect nearly all the knowledge mankind ever collected in your own head, if you have the capacity and the time, which is of course impossible.

Let's remember the radio drama from Orson Welles from 1938 (based on War of the Worlds) which was played on the radio and people were freaking out, alien invasion is coming!!! (I can imagine this could happen today as well in a certain way ... with the radio drama, not the alien invasion)

What I wanna say is: people were simple minded those days cause they just don't know better. So if I see someone like this guy, looking a little weird, speaking weird stuff, and I'm an average working guy or an average housewife I would think this guy has a screw loose.

Relating to education, here's my personal example: I asked my politics teacher if he knew that the FED is a private bank. He told me I had a screw loose, not in this words but this was the message.
So I absolutely agree with you concerning the education system. The students are mainly only as good as the teachers, and they are becoming dumber and dumber as far is I can assess.

williejonesjr

Veteran
He seems like a very reserved man, kind of shy. So I guess he's just answering the questions. But you will definitely get an aswer if you ask the question! That's how I see him. And he has the answers.

Why was he on TV doing what he was doing ... hmmm. That's a good question. Times were different those days. I think 99%, if not more, had no clue what was possible by using television and radio as a tool for propaganda for example.
I mean we live in a time where everyone should be kind of super-intelligent due to the fact that you can collect nearly all the knowledge mankind ever collected in your own head, if you have the capacity and the time, which is of course impossible.

Let's remember the radio drama from Orson Welles from 1938 (based on War of the Worlds) which was played on the radio and people were freaking out, alien invasion is coming!!! (I can imagine this could happen today as well in a certain way ... with the radio drama, not the alien invasion)

What I wanna say is: people were simple minded those days cause they just don't know better. So if I see someone like this guy, looking a little weird, speaking weird stuff, and I'm an average working guy or an average housewife I would think this guy has a screw loose.

Relating to education, here's my personal example: I asked my politics teacher if he knew that the FED is a private bank. He told me I had a screw loose, not in this words but this was the message.
So I absolutely agree with you concerning the education system. The students are mainly only as good as the teachers, and they are becoming dumber and dumber as far is I can assess.
Great response except I disagree about ppl being "more intelligent" now. Intelligent ppl are thinkers. Not a lot of ppl are thinkers today. Most are very uneducated and do what they see in TV or see online or hear on the radio.

We have access to useless knowledge. Some choose to embrace available knowledge for their own well being, some don't.

JoChris

Superstar
I've read the novel and Brave New World Revisited and both are awesome. The latter is a must read since Huxley compares Brave New World to reality 30 years after he wrote Brave New World in 1932. It's astounding how similar today's reality is to the said novel.
It is like novelists/ Science Fiction movies predict the future and then Science seeks to make fantasy reality, whether or not it is good for mankind.

Dan

Veteran
It is like novelists/ Science Fiction movies predict the future and then Science seeks to make fantasy reality, whether or not it is good for mankind.
I think that all of life's paths are in the paradoxical or contradictory state of being pre-written or predestined, yet dependent on our choices. Scientists realise this and try to slowly shape it while being shaped themselves. I know, it doesn't make much sense.

Etagloc

Superstar
Nothing to discuss??!

Why was he "allowed" to go on TV & express his views like that? Make all those claims when TPTB already had their plans in order? Just to create a contrary opinion or discredit him, try to make him look like an opposer?

I can't believe he was spot on about everything. Technology, drugs, using the children, political candidates...
The only thing he didn't touch on was the education system & how it is used on the children.

I was so programmed that I thought Pink Floyd's "we don't need no education.. Thought control.. Leave those kids alone" was.. Blasphemy!!
But teachers are merely sophists. Paid to do a job.

I digress. Why didn't he touch on education? It was already being used to influence children back in the 50"s.

Great video.
***checks Encyclopedia Brittanica***

Willie Jones, noun,- VCF user who pretends to be a dog but is low-key Neoplatonic undercover philosopher. Blows his cover as undercover philosopher by use of the word sophist.

Futility

Established
Huxley is a fantastic writer, Brave New World is absolute genius. He also sparked a revolt against Victorian values with "Crome Yellow".

He also died on an glorious LSD cocktail.

Interesting interview and he certainly was a visionary...interesting fact you all probably know but his brother Julian was a rather famous eugenicist...so my ears pricked up when he sort of alluded to population control...

DavidSon

Star
Adolus Huxley is regarded as a visionary and truth teller in some regard but the fact is he had deep ties to the intelligentsia, military intelligence and the US government's mind control operation MKULTRA specifically. Looking through history there are nuances to judging the many competing forces that shaped the world. I've had mixed emotions on Huxley and the counterculture in general but the more I read the more critical I become.

This is one of a 4 part series on Huxley, the drug counterculture, and its roots going back to the late 19th century. I didn't know Crowley had set up an OTO headquarters in Los Angeles only a few years before Huxley and Heard landed there. There's a bunch more important info that relate VC's investigations:

Who Will Be Brave in Huxley's New World?

Part 5 of Jan Irving's research into MKULTRA pretty much nails Huxley as not just the lead agent of the CIA's psychological/drug experiments but possibly the key initiator of the LSD counterculture "sold" to the Western public:

Spies in Academic Clothing: The Untold History of MKULTRA and the Counterculture – And How the Intelligence Community Misleads the 99%

Last edited: