Alan Parsons Project song 'Eye in the Sky'

Stephania

Star
Thank you for accepting my apology too.
You're welcome.

RE: Cohen
I can understand that the man can be a bit of a cunnundrum. Sometimes- in some of his music- and at times in his life- he can be and was all over the place. It's those times that I personally refer to him as Hezekiah from the Book of Isaiah. LoL.
However, over all.. I do not believe he was ever into evil occultic things as some other artists are- though part of the system. And his song 'Leaving the Table' makes it pretty clear that he left that 'party' some time ago. There are other songs with similar messages. But that one is the clearest, IMHO. It's also fairly new, compared to his works in the 60s-2000. But the message is always somewhere in those periods too. It's interesting.. I watched a documentary on him.. and apparently both mainstream industries in Canada and the US initially did not really have a very big love for him. The US record companies would not even initially release the album 'Hallelujah' was on. He was told it wasn't marketable. His main fan base has always been in Europe, that's how he survived through the years as an artist. Of course, later on after some movie soundtracks and such used a few of his songs- those ones became popular. Personally, though, I cannot stand the main film that put him in mainstream.. but. The music in the soundtrack did inspire me to buy my first album of his- which was 'The Future'. As time passes.. there are still so many songs and albums from decades and decades that I'm sure nobody outside of his true fanbase really knows, the guy was and is prolific. He in a sense is still underground with his music here. All I ever hear on the radio, or see covered on shows, is maybe 3-4 songs out of his huge catalogue. The main one being the one I posted that started this convo on him.

Edit:
And I'm sure there is a reason behind the popularity of some, and censorship of others. The popular ones can be confusing without being familiar with the rest of his catalogue.
I'm 100 percent sure that you will hear never hear something like the song I told you about above.. or something like 'Almost Like the Blues' on the radio. The Blues being a song where he disdains even going to Israel to briefly fight in the IDF, and compares what is happening to the Palestinians with the holocaust- and the antichrist in the music industry. He puts all 3 in the same category. Wrong and evil.

Last edited:

Diogenes

Established
Leonard Cohen was a shill,an asset,a rapist,he was connected to the murder of Lennon and before he came to the limelight,he subscribed by his own will to MK programme with the university of Montreal (could be another Canadian city though I am not totally sure about it). His connections to the militant part of the Israeli government are well documented. I bet he killed some people unknown to him too. Still, I see here that people admire him. Smh to the infinite,nonstop.