After the trial by fire

Damien50

Star
What would occur to an individual who after undergoing

1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV
According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. [11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. [12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; [13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. [14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. [15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
What Is the applicable context of the below in relation to above

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 KJV
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? [17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
I have several impressions but the strongest would be that these verses indicate

1. There are the rewarded and non
  2. Life choices will be the factor in trial obviously
  3. An individual can be destroyed for being a defiled temple
So am I to assume that in the event that an unsavory, yet saved, individual who has wasted their gift through sin(?) will not be party to joining in heaven?

Thunderian

Superstar
So am I to assume that in the event that an unsavory, yet saved, individual who has wasted their gift through sin(?) will not be party to joining in heaven?
No, but you can enter eternity with nothing but your salvation.

As the bride of Christ, it is up to us make our wedding garment. We are clothed in his righteousness, but as we do good deeds for Christ, we add to our raiment.

Revelation 19:

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
David Peacock does a great series on this.

Vytas

Star
As the bride of Christ, it is up to us make our wedding garment. We are clothed in his righteousness, but as we do good deeds for Christ, we add to our raiment.
Do you think all christians are considered as bride?

Vytas

Star
15 But outside are the dogs and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one loving a lie, and making a lie

They seem to be alive, which means they are saved...But for some reason that "outside" thing doesn't sound attractive at all...

Thunderian

Superstar
15 But outside are the dogs and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one loving a lie, and making a lie

They seem to be alive, which means they are saved...But for some reason that "outside" thing doesn't sound attractive at all...
I'd like to take a crack at that, if I may.

The Bible tells us about nations that will populate the new earth after the judgment of everyone who has lived from the beginning of time to the end of the perfect reign of Jesus Christ on earth. God will do away with this present world and create a new one, populated by living believers that come from the old one.

Their descendants will inherit a new earth with no curse, and God will live among them in the New Jerusalem, a river of the water of life proceeding from his throne. There will also be a tree of life in the city, maybe the same one that was in Eden, with leaves for healing.

To get into the New Jerusalem, to the water and tree of life and healing, a person's name will have to be written in the Lamb's book of life. Only "he that overcometh", that is, someone who is obedient to God, will have their name written down, so the dogs and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, etc., will just die outside the gates of the city, unable to get in.

Vytas

Star
Point still stands though...Where those sinners come from if it's happening after wrath...It's just special type of believers...those who failed miserably...Like a bride is also special type, few of the best, those who completely surrendered their lives for Jesus...

Damien50

Star
No, but you can enter eternity with nothing but your salvation.

Revelation 19:

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
David Peacock does a great series on this.
But what about verses16-17?

Lisa

Superstar
I kinda think that if you try to work in the kingdom, no matter what that work looks like, you are still saved. And I think it’s because the Spirit of God dwells in you...

Which leads to the next verses, which go hand in hand I think with the premise that people who are once saved are always saved...here we see again that, no you are not.

Damien50

Star
I kinda think that if you try to work in the kingdom, no matter what that work looks like, you are still saved. And I think it’s because the Spirit of God dwells in you...

Which leads to the next verses, which go hand in hand I think with the premise that people who are once saved are always saved...here we see again that, no you are not.
However one can be destroyed under certain criteria. It reads to me that the saved, if wicked, can still be destroyed so the idea that an unrepentant serial killer will be given entry to heaven seems false.

So can the saved be destroyed by God for defiling themselves?

Lisa

Superstar
However one can be destroyed under certain criteria. It reads to me that the saved, if wicked, can still be destroyed so the idea that an unrepentant serial killer will be given entry to heaven seems false.

So can the saved be destroyed by God for defiling themselves?
Well isn’t that the same idea that you can fall away from the faith? An unrepentant serial killer fits in with falling away if that person was a believer in Christ and then he went so far away from Jesus that he killed people?

Isn’t that the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth? Isn’t that what Jesus saved us from?

Damien50

Star
Well isn’t that the same idea that you can fall away from the faith? An unrepentant serial killer fits in with falling away if that person was a believer in Christ and then he went so far away from Jesus that he killed people?

Isn’t that the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth? Isn’t that what Jesus saved us from?
I was more so thinking psychopath that accepted Christ or any individual that did but never stayed the course despite salvation. The last two verses seem to indicate total destruction for defiling one's temple rather than Hell bound.

Lisa

Superstar
I was more so thinking psychopath that accepted Christ or any individual that did but never stayed the course despite salvation. The last two verses seem to indicate total destruction for defiling one's temple rather than Hell bound.
Aren’t we all psychopaths who accept Christ because of our sins? I don’t see any difference in “regular” sinner and psychopathic sinner. Sin is sin to God, to Him its all bad.

Well, what then is total destruction to you? The lake of fire is no picnic...

Last edited:

Damien50

Star
Aren’t we all psychopaths who accept Christ because of our sins? I don’t see any difference in “regular” sinner and psychopathic sinner. Sin is sin to God, to Him its all bad.

Well, what then is total destruction to you? The lake of fire is no picnic...
Nothing, no Hell, just destruction.

Lisa

Superstar
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:11-15

Damien50

Star
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:11-15
So essentially I could be correct to assume that the wicked even with salvation won't have eternal life and that salvation gets you to heaven but your actions ultimately decide your place in heaven or lack thereof? I'm just trying to clarify something because the last two verses clearly indicate punishment for defiling of God's temple.

Thunderian

Superstar
Point still stands though...Where those sinners come from if it's happening after wrath...It's just special type of believers...those who failed miserably...Like a bride is also special type, few of the best, those who completely surrendered their lives for Jesus...
These are living people on the new earth who choose sin over salvation. They are not believers by faith because when God lives among men in a massive golden city, faith won't be part of the equation. Who needs faith when the evidence is right in front of you?