Adhd, Do You Have It?

Etagloc

Superstar
Can't focus and constantly need distraction? Hmmm.... is that a mental disorder or a person who's having trouble coping with reality?

Tatilina

Star
Can't focus and constantly need distraction? Hmmm.... is that a mental disorder or a person who's having trouble coping with reality?
It's really hard to explain, its like your mind being in a brain fog that you have no control over. It's usually the worst and happens mostly when I am menstruating (tmi I know) and my brain refuses to think or recall any memories, it kinda goes dormant. While going to school is the worst time for me because I can read something a hundred times and not be able to remember it. Its like all information going through an empty head. Nothing sticks. Its even worse when the material is boring and I don't give two shits about it. I have a really short attention span and I get bored easily, I find most people to be extremely boring with a horrible taste of humour. I have super bad urges that cause me to be really impulsive that can get me into trouble, like saying things without thinking, which 9/10 makes me come off as being really rude. I have a hard time sitting still. It take me 3x as long to write tests/exams and same with homework/studying.

I deal with my reality just fine, my reality is that I live a very peaceful and quiet life other than with my headphones on with music playing about 8 hours of the day, cause music is my life!!! My brain loves to dance.

At this moment in my life, I have it pretty good and it's going to get better even sooner.

Trenton

Veteran
I have schizoaffective disorder, and Reactive attachment disorder. I have had trouble my entire life feeling strange and different. Socially awkward, depressed etc.

I have a terrible time functioning day to day, and medications never helped. Therapy makes me stressed out. I'm pretty much a mess.

I try to do my best everyday to stay level and stress free. I don't have psychotic episodes unless my hormones get out of control, but since starting Testosterone therapy that's been alleviated quite a lot.

I was also diagnosed with PTSD and dissociative identity disorder (a big reason I even found out about VC in the first place, my friend told me he did articles on celebrities under MK programming and their alter personas and shit)

It's awful, but it probably won't ever go away. I've tried integration therapy and all sorts of stuff but nothing works. My DID is really different from the medical books. Literal spirit possession is more accurate and not treatable. Yeah I've tried praying and all that, others praying for me. Doesn't work.

Life's pretty weird sometimes

Tatilina

Star
I have schizoaffective disorder, and Reactive attachment disorder. I have had trouble my entire life feeling strange and different. Socially awkward, depressed etc.

I have a terrible time functioning day to day, and medications never helped. Therapy makes me stressed out. I'm pretty much a mess.

I try to do my best everyday to stay level and stress free. I don't have psychotic episodes unless my hormones get out of control, but since starting Testosterone therapy that's been alleviated quite a lot.

I was also diagnosed with PTSD and dissociative identity disorder (a big reason I even found out about VC in the first place, my friend told me he did articles on celebrities under MK programming and their alter personas and shit)

It's awful, but it probably won't ever go away. I've tried integration therapy and all sorts of stuff but nothing works. My DID is really different from the medical books. Literal spirit possession is more accurate and not treatable. Yeah I've tried praying and all that, others praying for me. Doesn't work.

Life's pretty weird sometimes
Feeling strange, weird and socially awkward I can totally relate to, my hubby sometimes says that there is 3 people living in me LOL because my moods can change drastically so I become 3 people, but that's just him teasing me. Cause like one minute I'm in a fit of rage, then the next I'm laughing like I was never mad in the first place, but I swear I'm one person! I've never been diagnosed with any sort of personality disorder either. I have severe insomnia, no matter what or how tired I am, this brain of mine has thoughts racing at 100 mph and so I have to take sleeping pills. I take two 7.5 MG of Zopiclone to turn my brain off. I prayed and prayed and prayed for years, but never once did this god help me get to sleep, not once. I'll be honest with you, the one thing that gets me through the day is music. Very fast upbeat bass/drum pounding music. Any other kind of music is to help me get through whatever emotions I am feeling at the time. The music helps me to express what I cannot.

Trenton

Veteran
Music is a huge help to me too. I also love reading and videogames. Anything to distract myself really.

But music, can really sooth the soul.

JoChris

Superstar
Trenton when I was a very young Christian (teens) I hoped that belief in God would make all my negative feelings and impulsive behaviours go away. At the time I was on medication that gave me very bad mood swings. All the prayers and even self-exorcisms only had short-term effects and I would go back to my horrible self. I knew my emotions were out of whack and I hated myself for not being like everyone else.

I have had a lot of periods of close walking to God and falling away and then coming back.The last time I came back was 2006 and what was different this time is that I was determined to keep my eyes on Christ.

I still have the same struggles every day. One of my medicines is way worse than the one I had in my teens but unfortunately it is the only one that has worked so I have had to accept "living with my Enemy". I can't handle stress very well. I can't mentally multi-task and I am very aware of how different I am to most people. Others have told me I seem perfectly fine so I am probably excessively self-conscious from being by myself too much.

Psychologists can only do so much. e.g. They can help people understand and develop better coping mechanisms but they cannot remove difficult person traits that make people "walk to the beat of a different drum".

What gets me through is that I have learned to see that God does use personal difficulties and crises to prepare us for future events and to help others get through what they may not have the strength to do for themselves without an understanding ear. As I look back I can see how God has used some things in my life that I thought was absolutely pointless and unfair at the time.

So I hear you. I wish I could change some things in my life too.

P.S. Reactive Attachment Disorder - do you know what made that develop in you?

Trenton

Veteran
P.S. Reactive Attachment Disorder - do you know what made that develop in you?
TBH, I had never heard of this Dx before, until I was Dx with it last year. It usually the cause of severe neglect as an infant. But I don't think that happened to me. I mean my parents weren't great but I never went without being cuddled it fed. I just didn't LIKE being held.

I think it may be a result of losing my twin in utero. I've read that it can cause all kinds of mental and emotional disturbances in people to have a twin die.

JoChris

Superstar
Music is a huge help to me too. I also love reading and videogames. Anything to distract myself really.

But music, can really sooth the soul.
I love my music too. Generally classical, but often clean pop music if that makes sense. I use that to play my scales to because I hate scales. A lot of 80s music was still only romance. Nothing like today's which leave nothing to the imagination.

I use difficult Christian audio speeches/ sermons at other times. I can't think about negative stuff if my mind is very busy!

JoChris

Superstar
TBH, I had never heard of this Dx before, until I was Dx with it last year. It usually the cause of severe neglect as an infant. But I don't think that happened to me. I mean my parents weren't great but I never went without being cuddled it fed. I just didn't LIKE being held.

I think it may be a result of losing my twin in utero. I've read that it can cause all kinds of mental and emotional disturbances in people to have a twin die.
Oh that's sad. Did your parents cope OK with that?

Trenton

Veteran
Oh that's sad. Did your parents cope OK with that?
I'm not entirely sure how well my parents handled it. They've never talked much about it in any rational manner. My father never talks about it. nd my mother only talks about it in a sense of "I wasn't even supposed to have you because the doctors f**** up my organs. But here you are, and your siblings. It's amazing"

My mother is very unstable mentally, a drug abuser and schizophrenic...though she did have a hard time even conceiving me. I think my twins embryonic tissue was damaged. TBH I don't know exactly what happened. My mother has only mentioned my twin a couple times and at other time seems like she doesn't know what I'm talking about when I ask her questions.

The fact that she distorts what happened and even sometimes pretends not to answer my questions properly mkes me feel like she really didn't handle it well.

JoChris

Superstar
From what you describe I wouldn't be surprised if everything added together - 》very least the symptoms of RAD.
The loss of your twin before you were born would be a very difficult thing to talk about for the sanest of parents!

Monika

Rookie
I'm diagnosed bipolar but have only had one major manic episode and a few milder hypo manic phases. A part of me would love to experience mania again because it was the only time I felt truly alive and spiritual. I could literally feel a higher connection to the universe.

I identify with a lot of the add symptoms, especially memory and concentration problems, but many people with bipolar do complain of this. A lot of symptoms overlap between the various disorders and many are likely to co-exist, such as ADHD, OCD, aspergers, torrettes,and one of my friends has all of those conditions.Many studies are now showing genetic links between the various disorders which does explain the overlap.

Etagloc

Superstar
I'm diagnosed bipolar but have only had one major manic episode and a few milder hypo manic phases. A part of me would love to experience mania again because it was the only time I felt truly alive and spiritual. I could literally feel a higher connection to the universe.

I identify with a lot of the add symptoms, especially memory and concentration problems, but many people with bipolar do complain of this. A lot of symptoms overlap between the various disorders and many are likely to co-exist, such as ADHD, OCD, aspergers, torrettes,and one of my friends has all of those conditions.Many studies are now showing genetic links between the various disorders which does explain the overlap.
I think it's trauma. I don't think you are born with some mental defect. Traditionally, a lot of psychologists have believed that these various problems are caused by trauma. Now the trauma model has been replaced by the very lucrative biochemical model that covers up the trauma in society, convinces prople there's something wrong with them and then gets them drugged up. Psychology is really a tool of social control.

Colin Ross breaks this all down in The Trauma Model. Ignacio Martín-Baro in El Salvador also discussed this before he was murdered.

Monika

Rookie
Yes I do agree with you but I think trauma just switches on the genes that predisposes one to certain mental disorders. I wasn't born with bipolar but I sincerely believe that it was the sudden death of my boyfriend which triggered it. One can't deny that it doesn't have a genetic element as it is known to run in families, mine included. Of course with other disorders, such as DID, PTSD I agree 100% that they are trauma induced, though only a certain percent of the population actually have the dissoiative qualities to develop DID when put through extreme trauma or neglect at an early age.

Psychiatry and psychology is a fascinating field but most professionals don't have a clue and rely on dishing out heavy mesds with life limiting side effects before exploring other treatments.

Etagloc

Superstar
Yes I do agree with you but I think trauma just switches on the genes that predisposes one to certain mental disorders. I wasn't born with bipolar but I sincerely believe that it was the sudden death of my boyfriend which triggered it. One can't deny that it doesn't have a genetic element as it is known to run in families, mine included. Of course with other disorders, such as DID, PTSD I agree 100% that they are trauma induced, though only a certain percent of the population actually have the dissoiative qualities to develop DID when put through extreme trauma or neglect at an early age.

Psychiatry and psychology is a fascinating field but most professionals don't have a clue and rely on dishing out heavy mesds with life limiting side effects before exploring other treatments.
Is it the genetics or is it that certain families have issues that plague them across generations? I simply don't believe there is something wrong with the peoples' genetics. My family supposedly has anxiety genes according to that theory..... hmm or is it that we come generations and generations of poverty and trauma?

This happens all the times in the slums. You have all these families that come from generations and generations of trauma amd poverty and supposedly there's something wrong with their genetics. It aounds like a eugenicists' fantasy come to life- to actually get people from the hood to believe they have bad genes when in actuality they come from generations and generations of hardship. So basically poor people are taught that they are genetically inferior. Sounds like eugenics to me.

It's just a lie to suit the people with power and help create an illusion that the vulnerable people in society are genetically inferior.