Adhd, Do You Have It?

Tatilina

Star
Is it the genetics or is it that certain families have issues that plague them across generations? I simply don't believe there is something wrong with the peoples' genetics. My family supposedly has anxiety genes according to that theory..... hmm or is it that we come generations and generations of poverty and trauma?

This happens all the times in the slums. You have all these families that come from generations and generations of trauma amd poverty and supposedly there's something wrong with their genetics. It aounds like a eugenicists' fantasy come to life- to actually get people from the hood to believe they have bad genes when in actuality they come from generations and generations of hardship. So basically poor people are taught that they are genetically inferior. Sounds like eugenics to me.

It's just a lie to suit the people with power and help create an illusion that the vulnerable people in society are genetically inferior.
You know I never considered that, it might be very well possible.

justjess

Superstar
TBH, I had never heard of this Dx before, until I was Dx with it last year. It usually the cause of severe neglect as an infant. But I don't think that happened to me. I mean my parents weren't great but I never went without being cuddled it fed. I just didn't LIKE being held.

I think it may be a result of losing my twin in utero. I've read that it can cause all kinds of mental and emotional disturbances in people to have a twin die.
Have you tried dialectical behavior therapy? It's really hard to find someone who does it and is actually good at it - plus it can take many years but for certain conditions similar to rad and I think even rad itself it's the most effective treatment.

Psychiatry and psychology unfortunately are a guessing game since you can't see what the brain is actually doing and have to rely on subjective self reports and a whole bunch of symptoms that could indicate so many different things.. it can Be frustrating - as both patient and provider and honestly even as a loved one of the patient. If holistic natural ways work for you might as well save yourself the headache. If they don't like into DBT - might be worth a shot (also off label use of suboxone oddly enough)

Trenton

Veteran
Have you tried dialectical behavior therapy? It's really hard to find someone who does it and is actually good at it - plus it can take many years but for certain conditions similar to rad and I think even rad itself it's the most effective treatment.

Psychiatry and psychology unfortunately are a guessing game since you can't see what the brain is actually doing and have to rely on subjective self reports and a whole bunch of symptoms that could indicate so many different things.. it can Be frustrating - as both patient and provider and honestly even as a loved one of the patient. If holistic natural ways work for you might as well save yourself the headache. If they don't like into DBT - might be worth a shot (also off label use of suboxone oddly enough)
I've tried CBT but not DBT.

It is hard to find a qualified professional who actually does these treatments successfully.

I have also considered EMDR. But in afraid to do it because I would hate to come home after therapy and try to kill myself because my DID has me all triggered or sonething.

That's a big reason I don't do therapy anymore. Everytime I'd come home I'd get in some huge fight over inane things and try to hurt myself or something.

One of my alters is incredibly hostile and labile and it just never goes over well.

It really sucks.

Trenton

Veteran
Is it the genetics or is it that certain families have issues that plague them across generations? I simply don't believe there is something wrong with the peoples' genetics. My family supposedly has anxiety genes according to that theory..... hmm or is it that we come generations and generations of poverty and trauma?

This happens all the times in the slums. You have all these families that come from generations and generations of trauma amd poverty and supposedly there's something wrong with their genetics. It aounds like a eugenicists' fantasy come to life- to actually get people from the hood to believe they have bad genes when in actuality they come from generations and generations of hardship. So basically poor people are taught that they are genetically inferior. Sounds like eugenics to me.

It's just a lie to suit the people with power and help create an illusion that the vulnerable people in society are genetically inferior.
You've got the right idea here IMO.

However, it has everything to do with our gentics still.

Memories and life choice patterns are sent down via our gentics. Hence why they developed Monarch MK techniques.

If you take people from families with a long line of poverty druge abuse and mental illness, it's easy to program them.

Ever wonder why so many MKd celebrities always come from really poor disenfranchised backgrounds?

Britney Spears seems like a typical poor louisiannan... Nicki Minaj had a hell of a life in Trinidad, moved to the states where her father continued to terrorize the family.

My family has always been poor and dysfunctional for over a hundred years. I'm borderline estranged from them and yet I'm still poor and dysfunctional no matter how hard I try to be "normal" and work and drive and have a family like "everyone else".

People sometimes truly are genetically flawed. It sucks but that's what happens.

I don't think we should weed out and kill all "inferior" people though. And I doubt "they" want to do that anyhow because look how much power it gives "them".

justjess

Superstar
Look into off label suboxone.. I know someone who had voices (I won't explain further here u can pm me) and when started taking the suboxone for something else stumbled upon the Unexpected side effect that the voices shut up for the first time in their life

JoChris

Superstar
Yes I do agree with you but I think trauma just switches on the genes that predisposes one to certain mental disorders. I wasn't born with bipolar but I sincerely believe that it was the sudden death of my boyfriend which triggered it. One can't deny that it doesn't have a genetic element as it is known to run in families, mine included. Of course with other disorders, such as DID, PTSD I agree 100% that they are trauma induced, though only a certain percent of the population actually have the dissoiative qualities to develop DID when put through extreme trauma or neglect at an early age.

Psychiatry and psychology is a fascinating field but most professionals don't have a clue and rely on dishing out heavy mesds with life limiting side effects before exploring other treatments.
There is Depression on my mother's side of the family tree. Using the psychology framework I think it is both nature and nurture.

Personally I think it is body, mind AND spirit. e.g. Consequences of child abuse wounds go much deeper than developing dysfunctional ways of thinking to cope.

Monika

Rookie
Hmm, I do get what you are saying and when I said it runs in families I did think, yes, so does abuse, poverty etc. Both my partner and I have bipolar so I would love to think it isn't genetic as we have 2 young boys.

Whilst it is well known that the environment can cause specific genes to swith
You've got the right idea here IMO.

However, it has everything to do with our gentics still.

Memories and life choice patterns are sent down via our gentics. Hence why they developed Monarch MK techniques.

If you take people from families with a long line of poverty druge abuse and mental illness, it's easy to program them.

Ever wonder why so many MKd celebrities always come from really poor disenfranchised backgrounds?

Britney Spears seems like a typical poor louisiannan... Nicki Minaj had a hell of a life in Trinidad, moved to the states where her father continued to terrorize the family.

My family has always been poor and dysfunctional for over a hundred years. I'm borderline estranged from them and yet I'm still poor and dysfunctional no matter how hard I try to be "normal" and work and drive and have a family like "everyone else".

People sometimes truly are genetically flawed. It sucks but that's what happens.

I don't think we should weed out and kill all "inferior" people though. And I doubt "they" want to do that anyhow because look how much power it gives "them".
This is what I was going to say in my reply but you beat me to it. TPTB have an excellent understanding of genetics hence why they are so obsessed with their own bloodlines. They purposely seek out young children from multi-generational abusive families as their Monarch targets. Satanic families see DID as a gift and love passing it down the generations. Their children are born with high levels of dissociation, the perfect primer for DID to develop.

Psychiatry treats people from abusive backgrounds like sh*t here in the uk. Young women seeking help are labelled borderline and manipulative. Once diagnosed with BPD they are then told it is their personality that is flawed and that they need to "take responsibility". The stigma towards these people in the MH field is immense.

I could go on and on but I have 2 young boys so my time is limited.