Abortion : The Otherside of the slippery slope

Lisa

Superstar
Have the baby if she wants but it isn't for the governed to be at the mercy of the state in situations like this. Have you ever been raped?
Shouldn’t governments make good laws for people to live under. Should any government allow murder?
Wasn’t government from God?
Romans ‭13:1-2, 5‬
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.

Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.
‭‭‭

Dalit

Star
And fetuses are not conscious... and they can't feel pain (all the way up until 24 weeks, and abortions are done way before this time).
Fetuses can feel pain. Please stop believing this lie.

(this one is a bit better; Abby Johnson's portion)

That being said, I would totally understand if a woman, after being raped, immediately taking a Plan B or morning after pill. I can't say I wouldn't do the same even though I do believe life begins at conception and that that life is made in the image of God and we are playing God if we think we can terminate life and that not be murder.

Lisa

Superstar
Lol when they make a thread about ME your comment will be relevant. I wouldn’t have made the choice I did had I not wholeheartedly believed the stuff I say. I don’t need you or anyone else to validate my decisions. And again, threads not about me. Sorry.

We can make it about you though if you’d like. And your apparant lack of ability to find any empathy in your heart for a single living breathing human being instead deciding to dedicate what few spare warm parts you have to clusters of cells with no consciousness. Enjoy your Sunday.
It does seem like you have made this about me...or about my opinion.

I feel for the living, but I think that the unborn should have a voice for their interests and I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed yours too.

mecca

Superstar
It’s one thing for the body to miscarry it’s quite another for a human to decide to end the life of another human. Sometimes those late term abortions are done anyway and I think it was New York that has ok’d late term abortions.
There's no functional difference between a miscarriage and an abortion that takes place in the same time frame of pregnancy... either way, the fetus is not a conscious or living human... it's not remotely equivalent to killing a baby because the fetus has not formed into a baby. And like I already said before, late term abortions are not "done anyway", they're not done for no reason... they're done out of necessity because the baby was already dead or it would have killed the mother in childbirth. The New York laws are the ones that specify that a late term abortion can only be done out of medical necessity and not "just because". I already pointed out that a woman would not carry the baby for that long if she wanted to abort it... that's why late term abortions are only done in dire situations where lives are at risk or the baby already had a fatal condition.

Lisa

Superstar
There's no functional difference between a miscarriage and an abortion that takes place in the same time frame of pregnancy... either way, the fetus is not a conscious or living human... it's not remotely equivalent to killing a baby. And like I already said before, late term abortions are not "done anyway", they're not done for no reason... they're done out of necessity because the baby was already dead or it would have killed the mother in childbirth. The New York laws are the ones that specify that a late term abortion can only be done out of medical necessity and not "just because". I already pointed out that a woman would not carry the baby for that long if she wanted to abort it... that's why late term abortions are only done in dire situations where lives are at risk or the baby already had a fatal condition.
A miscarriage is due to the body not a human’s choice. There is a difference.

Those late term abortions are cruel, beyond cruel. And I do believe people can get late term abortions just because. The abortion industry isn’t real moral.

I’d really like to know what islam says about abortion, I’m sure as a muslim you must know.

Lisa

Superstar
Fetuses can feel pain. Please stop believing this lie.

(this one is a bit better; Abby Johnson's portion)

That being said, I would totally understand if a woman, after being raped, immediately taking a Plan B or morning after pill. I can't say I wouldn't do the same even though I do believe life begins at conception and that that life is made in the image of God and we are playing God if we think we can terminate life and that not be murder.
I think God would impress upon you that however he/she was conceived, it’s still a life. That’s at least what God impressed upon me.

Damien50

Star
Shouldn’t governments make good laws for people to live under. Should any government allow murder?
Wasn’t government from God?
Romans ‭13:1-2, 5‬
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.

Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.
‭‭‭
Yes, the United States government is of God. How silly of me to forget.

Have you ever been raped?

justjess

Superstar
Look, I know you have a dog in this fight, Jess. If people agree that abortion is good, what you did was good. If people don’t agree with abortion than perhaps what you did was bad?

Yes, God says do not kill. And that’s not just for people who believe in Him but that is the law for everyone whether you believe in Him or not. Not believing in God doesn’t give you a pass on this. Maybe it does in your and many people’s minds but it doesn’t.

And morally speaking it’s evil to kill an innocent baby in the womb. They did nothing wrong but be conceived. Nothing for which they should receive the death penalty. Those cells you want to kill off become a person. A person, like I keep saying that if you could ask them the question “Do you want to live?” They would say “Yes!” And that’s the point, they don’t have a voice yet, someone has to stick up for their voice and their live’s because they can’t.

And why is killing the only answer to an unwanted pregnancy? How did that even become the right answer for many people? That seems so bizarre to me. Or even watching people cheering like in Ireland after they passed the law that abortion is now legal and women standing their celebrating killing babies, killing people to be-man it’s just unbelievable to me, yet God did say people will think what’s evil is good and what’s good is evil...we are living in those times.
Also seriously if your god doesn’t exist, then yeah it does very much matter.

You need the fathers permission for an adoption.

And an unejaculated sperm could one day be a person, the potentials there, right? Yet it’s not a person. An embryo isn’t either.

mecca

Superstar
And I do believe people can get late term abortions just because.
Your beliefs are irrelevant to what the law actually says. It specifies that late term abortions are only done out of medical necessity due to the birth being unviable, you can't do it for no reason "just because". This really isn't a difficult concept so I don't know why it's hard for you to understand.

justjess

Superstar
It does seem like you have made this about me...or about my opinion.

I feel for the living, but I think that the unborn should have a voice for their interests and I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed yours too.
Yes your opinion, not you and your personal life choices.

Lisa

Superstar
Also seriously if your god doesn’t exist, then yeah it does very much matter.

You need the fathers permission for an adoption.

And an unejaculated sperm could one day be a person, the potentials there, right? Yet it’s not a person. An embryo isn’t either.
God does exist, it’s His law, do not kill, probably why many governments punish murderers...

Put them together and then life is conceived. No one should be allowed to decide to kill that life. Especially since they have their life.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Your beliefs are irrelevant to what the law actually says. It specifies that late term abortions are only done out of medical necessity due to the birth being unviable, you can't do it for no reason "just because". This really isn't a difficult concept so I don't know why it's hard for you to understand.
I watched a former abortion dr talk about the late term abortions he did. Didn’t sound like they were all for medical reasons. In fact he stopped doing them after his 5 year old daughter died...couldn’t stomach it anymore.

So, I guess you won’t share what islam thinks about abortions. I think I already know that it’s not sanctioned since a woman is basically a baby making machine.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I think you

God does exist, it’s His law, do not kill, probably why many governments punish murderers...

Put them together and then life is conceived. No one should be allowed to decide to kill that life. Especially since they have their life.
In your opinion. And even if I concede god does exist what form god takes is very much open to debate. You believe your version is the right one. I disagree. But even in your own church early term abortion was accepted at various points in time and hasn’t historically been universally condemned until the last couple generations.

Your religious beliefs are YOUR beliefs, they are not the beliefs of every other person on the face of the earth. And if you are right your god will judge them himself, not your job.

justjess

Superstar
What’s the difference here? Your personal life choice had a lot to do with your opinion.
My opinion existed way before my life choices and since I did not bring my own life into this thread it’s pretty fucked up for you to do so.

There is a real clear difference and your smart enough to see that. You only play dense for whatever sick twisted reason you have.

justjess

Superstar
Islam is neutral on it up to quickening I believe.. along with the majority of the world.

Lisa

Superstar
In your opinion. And even if I concede god does exist what form god takes is very much open to debate. You believe your version is the right one. I disagree. But even in your own church early term abortion was accepted at various points in time and hasn’t historically been universally condemned until the last couple generations.

Your religious beliefs are YOUR beliefs, they are not the beliefs of every other person on the face of the earth. And if you are right your god will judge them himself, not your job.
What church of mine are ya talking about?

I can still tell people abortion is wrong just like you feel the need to support abortion. I don’t see where my personal belief in God makes me unqualified to have an opinion about this.

Lisa

Superstar
My opinion existed way before my life choices and since I did not bring my own life into this thread it’s pretty fucked up for you to do so.

There is a real clear difference and your smart enough to see that. You only play dense for whatever sick twisted reason you have.
I don’t see the difference. You’re trying to talk about why my opinion is irrelevant and I mentioned why you think you’re opinion matters more..