Abortion : The Otherside of the slippery slope

The United States is threatening to veto a U.N. resolution that would prevent r*pe from being used as a weapon of war on account of language that refers to reproductive and sexual health.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/the-u-s-is-threatening-to-veto-a-u-n-resolution-to-he-1834231343

The pro-life movement opposes abortion even in the case of war r*pe.

Fear mongering tactics about “partial birth” abortions are driven by a desire to outlaw them all with no exceptions.
This is the future they want and if we aren’t careful they will get it.

It is rooted in a cultural-religious view of women as property.

Imagine thinking you have a moral high ground but would deny treatment to a woman who is the victim of a war crime.

Thunderian

Superstar
Fear mongering tactics about “partial birth” abortions are driven by a desire to outlaw them all with no exceptions.
Maybe a little like fear-mongering tactics about r*pe pregnancies are driven by a desire to kill babies?

Or would that be an unfair characterization of people who have the deep conviction about abortion?

Last edited:
Abortion isn't the black and white issue that either side of the debate wants to pretend it is but I'm more inclined to believe the group with the moral high ground isn't the one wants to create a black market for abortion and while consistently shooting down and defending programs that would decrease the numbers of abortions.

Maybe a little like fear-mongering tactics about r*pe pregnancies are driven by a desire to kill babies?

Or would that be an unfair characterization of people who have the deep conviction about abortion?
It’s not fear mongering when it’s true. The pro-life movement likes to focus on the rarest form of them ( while lying about the procedure) that are almost universally done for health reasons.

I don’t think r*pe is a fear mongering tactic either since 15-20% of women are victims of it in the US and this thread was specifically about the US blocking a resolution designed to help victims of war r*pe because it could potentially call for abortion assistance.

It’s simply horrifying that the only way people can think to deal with unwanted pregnancies are to kill the helpless and defenseless baby in the womb.

And what a horrible way to die :oops:

It’s simply horrifying that people would force a r*pe victim to have their rapists baby.

What a horrible way to live

Lisa

Superstar
Wtf.

It’s adorable to be reminded of your victimization every time you see it? To raise by yourself the offspring of your rapist?
Well as far as I know the baby would also have the mother’s dna and look like her too. How best to not be the victim and rise above it by loving your own flesh and blood?

Besides we all know that abortions are really just women who don’t want children and thinking this is the best way to handle it. Kill the baby. It’s really sick that this is lawful in much of the world and people cheer when given the opportunity to kill the baby. Smh.

Damien50

Star
I never knew it was outlawed but that is interesting to see them trying to veto the ban. If I remember the statistic, it's like 1 in 4 women are the victims of sexual abuse and that's pretty large and regrettable.

Just off the top of my head I can think of a few of the detrimental effects of r*pe which aren't limited to vaginal r*pe either. Tearing of the rectum, tearing of vaginal lips, anal shock, diseases, physical abuse, torture, trauma, and even death. It would be a detriment to oppose this law simply because we feel women shouldn't get abortions for whatever reasons because there are so many.

It's pretty incredible what upsets people versus what is ignored. There aren't enough programs or people willing to adopt these r*pe children that shouldn't have even happened to begin with and the outcry is over abortion rather than the fact that we still consider war as a viable method. I would imagine it would suck to live in poor destitute conditions only to be raped by a foreigner and there be no care for it happening.

Abortion is pretty trivial compared to war, black mothers and their children dying at a higher rate during birth, the obscene amount of poverty, etc.

Being on this site has been enlightening to see that apparently most people don't go through really bad shit in life where they have to contemplate abortion, prostitution, selling drugs, committing crimes, etc to survive and take care of their own let alone understand that the people thinking about these things don't usually want to do them and would rather have 40 acres and a high paying job.

Idk, who wants to be raped by several Russian invaders and told to keep their child with no assistance? Who wants to be beaten and raped by some Chinese while they watch their neighbors get killed and told to keep the baby with no assistance? Who wants to have to give up their baby because they live in a war ravaged area to foreigners because they're probably sick and dying?

I wish no one would even have to consider an abortion but I wish for a lot of shit that will never happen in my life time

justjess

Superstar
Well, I think someone should have empathy for the poor defenseless babies because surely their own mothers don’t.
They aren’t babies at that point, they are fetus - a bunch of cells with the potential to grow into a baby with no functioning brain, emotions, or nerve endings.

Thank you for proving my point. As far as many of you are concerned once a woman gets pregnant she ceases being a woman and is only a “mother” - there is no empathy for her or what she’s going through, none.

A r*pe victim who has just been brutally violated and robbed of agency over their own bodies, experiencing all sorts of ptsd and mental health issues as a result should be forced to endure pregnancy and childbirth as far as your concerned. It doesn’t matter to you that she has to deal with a 24/7 reminder of a traumatic experience or that you are AGAIN stealing her bodily agency from her (even worse then the rapist imo since the theft will be ongoing for an extended period of time).

All that matters is the fetus becomes a born child. From previous conversations very little care what happens to it once it’s born as well.

Lisa

Superstar
They aren’t babies at that point, they are fetus - a bunch of cells with the potential to grow into a baby with no functioning brain, emotions, or nerve endings.

Thank you for proving my point. As far as many of you are concerned once a woman gets pregnant she ceases being a woman and is only a “mother” - there is no empathy for her or what she’s going through, none.

A r*pe victim who has just been brutally violated and robbed of agency over their own bodies, experiencing all sorts of ptsd and mental health issues as a result should be forced to endure pregnancy and childbirth as far as your concerned. It doesn’t matter to you that she has to deal with a 24/7 reminder of a traumatic experience or that you are AGAIN stealing her bodily agency from her (even worse then the rapist imo since the theft will be ongoing for an extended period of time).

All that matters is the fetus becomes a born child. From previous conversations very little care what happens to it once it’s born as well.
So, are you trying to say that most of the abortions in America, some 50 million were due to r*pe? I can’t even fathom the amount of dead people, people who never had a chance.

No...most of the choices to abort are due to women who don’t want a baby for whatever reason. So, now the “best” choice people think they can make regarding the situation they find themselves in is let’s kill the baby. The baby who is a human being or would be if allowed to live. Someone’s life is gone. They will never be able to be born and experience life and yet that shouldn’t matter to anyone? It does matter to me. I feel bad for the killed and unborn who are killed as a method of birth control. That’s just wrong.

I think that more families do help when single women give birth. Gone are the days where there is a stigma attached to single parenthood and shaming of the women because now many women are single mom’s. That it’s not the best way to have children doesn’t really deter some and they find themselves in a situation they only thought would happen to other people. And ya, I think it is hard to deal with and try to figure out what to do but it’s just wrong to think that the only real choice here is kill the baby. It’s the fastest way to rid yourself of a big problem but it’s not the best way, either for the women or the baby. Guilt, I think would be the biggest emotion after the relief fades away. I can’t even imagine.

Ya, I’ll stick up for the unborn like you want to bang the drum for r*pe abortions which aren’t the norm for abortions. The idea that there aren’t a lot of options out there, lots of women live on welfare after and get by, where you say not much is done for the mom...we have a whole welfare system that supports single mom’s. It may not be the way they wanted to live or dreamed of living but it is there.

There is adoption but it takes an equally strong person to just give away their baby to someone else, knowing their baby is out there somewhere and hoping they are doing good. And actually one could make a case that aborting mom’s are actually very selfish, rather their kid not live then adopt out.

At the end of the day it is a hard situation but I really don’t think that killing the baby is the answer.

Damien50

Star
So, are you trying to say that most of the abortions in America, some 50 million were due to r*pe? I can’t even fathom the amount of dead people, people who never had a chance.

No...most of the choices to abort are due to women who don’t want a baby for whatever reason. So, now the “best” choice people think they can make regarding the situation they find themselves in is let’s kill the baby. The baby who is a human being or would be if allowed to live. Someone’s life is gone. They will never be able to be born and experience life and yet that shouldn’t matter to anyone? It does matter to me. I feel bad for the killed and unborn who are killed as a method of birth control. That’s just wrong.

I think that more families do help when single women give birth. Gone are the days where there is a stigma attached to single parenthood and shaming of the women because now many women are single mom’s. That it’s not the best way to have children doesn’t really deter some and they find themselves in a situation they only thought would happen to other people. And ya, I think it is hard to deal with and try to figure out what to do but it’s just wrong to think that the only real choice here is kill the baby. It’s the fastest way to rid yourself of a big problem but it’s not the best way, either for the women or the baby. Guilt, I think would be the biggest emotion after the relief fades away. I can’t even imagine.

Ya, I’ll stick up for the unborn like you want to bang the drum for r*pe abortions which aren’t the norm for abortions. The idea that there aren’t a lot of options out there, lots of women live on welfare after and get by, where you say not much is done for the mom...we have a whole welfare system that supports single mom’s. It may not be the way they wanted to live or dreamed of living but it is there.

There is adoption but it takes an equally strong person to just give away their baby to someone else, knowing their baby is out there somewhere and hoping they are doing good. And actually one could make a case that aborting mom’s are actually very selfish, rather their kid not live then adopt out.

At the end of the day it is a hard situation but I really don’t think that killing the baby is the answer.
Everything in this is ignorant, the world world doesn't work like this. I can tell you how if you would like.

Lisa

Superstar
Because that is exactly what I said. Have you ever been raped? Gang raped?

Did you read the article? Did you read everything I said? You didn't read what I wrote at at least.
I did read what you wrote but this is what stood out for me.

All the abortions in the world aren’t due to r*pe. It’s due to the easiest choice of the mother to make a problem go away.

Lisa

Superstar
Everything in this is ignorant, the world world doesn't work like this. I can tell you how if you would like.
I think you’ve already explained how you think the world works above.

Damien50

Star
I did read what you wrote but this is what stood out for me.

All the abortions in the world aren’t due to r*pe. It’s due to the easiest choice of the mother to make a problem go away.
I'm not referencing why all abortions happen but the ones that might occur due to r*pe/war like the article is talking about.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm not referencing why all abortions happen but the ones that might occur due to r*pe/war like the article is talking about.
Well, war and r*pe are terrible but so is abortion. It’s hard for me to get my mind around that the best way people deal with an unwanted pregnancy, no matter the reason is the baby dies. The most innocent person in any scenario is the one to lose its life.

And I’m also of the belief that you can’t take an innocent life and not suffer for it. So whether or not your were raped or not, to kill your baby is gonna come back on you. So then the sufferings are more for the woman.

And no one is supposed to feel bad for the person (the baby, cause babies grow up and become people) losing their life we are all supposed to cheer and be happy that those people die. What a terrible sick world we live in! :oops: