Abortion : The Otherside of the slippery slope

Lisa

Superstar
They’ve been trying and will continue to try forever and ever and ever... and it’s wrong. This isn’t a Christian nation and it’s laws shouldn’t be based on the bible
I don’t think its wrong to do the right thing but if you read the article, even if it should pass the lower court will toss it out...:rolleyes:

justjess

Superstar
Except part of the reason trump was elected was pandering to the pro lifers. He is stacking the Supreme Court with justices who want to overturn roe v wade. So your preferred reality is quite possibly a lot closer than I would like it to be

Lisa

Superstar
Except part of the reason trump was elected was pandering to the pro lifers. He is stacking the Supreme Court with justices who want to overturn roe v wade. So your preferred reality is quite possibly a lot closer than I would like it to be
Ya never know, but I highly doubt they will overturn roe v wade when a lot of people are for abortion and politicians like the voters no matter what they are into. Like that fool Elizabeth Warren talking about college tuition so she can get the votes of college students, because who wouldn’t like to have their debt forgiven or even not have any.

Well, Roberts was supposed to be a Republican justice..not sure if he is or not and there is no telling how he will vote. But the truth is they only hear a handful of cases a year and I thought they took a pass on abortion a few years ago. So, its all the democratic states putting in their leftist judges and they are the ones who decide the fate of things. I don’t doubt that Alabama has the judges that could rule against it and overturn whatever they might be able to get. It still has to go through their senate and idk and the article didn’t share what the senators are made up of. This could all be gratuitous.

However...good on them to make a bill that would be good.

justjess

Superstar
It would not be good. It would be imposing a religious belief on people who do not share that religious belief in a country where we have religious freedom.

Why do you think they keep making laws that won’t stand? Because if they flood as many courts as they possibly can with them the hope is they will eventually find a judge who agrees and it will have to be taken to the Supreme Court - which they have been working towards stacking towards those ends for years and have accelerated the pace and the aggression with which they are doing so exponentially in the last few years as evidenced by the unprecedented situation when Scalia died.

As for college tuition if you think the only reason warren is pushing that is to get votes you are so caught in your own bubble I doubt you’ll ever see through it..

Lisa

Superstar
It would not be good. It would be imposing a religious belief on people who do not share that religious belief in a country where we have religious freedom.

Why do you think they keep making laws that won’t stand? Because if they flood as many courts as they possibly can with them the hope is they will eventually find a judge who agrees and it will have to be taken to the Supreme Court - which they have been working towards stacking towards those ends for years and have accelerated the pace and the aggression with which they are doing so exponentially in the last few years as evidenced by the unprecedented situation when Scalia died.

As for college tuition if you think the only reason warren is pushing that is to get votes you are so caught in your own bubble I doubt you’ll ever see through it..
I thought you were bored with this argument?

Like I’ve said before, many people have to live under laws they don’t like. Murderers probably would rather there isn’t a law for murder...if only they could get the abortion law to help them out too? Thieves probably would like to steal without being arrested and so on....

I think they keep trying to make just laws but there are a lot of lawless people that have the power to change the laws..i.e judges. They were supposed to leave the EU 3 years ago..but there were and obviously are ways around that.

And again the Supreme Court said they wouldn’t hear the case about abortion.

O, ya, that’s how you get votes, you pander to the largest group(s). Politicians aren’t in it for the people but just themselves and they know how to keep themselves in the power seat accumulating lots of money for themselves and their family’s. You would be a fool not to see that, honestly.

justjess

Superstar
Lol... but the politicians who push the things you support do it for goodwill right? There are numerous economic reasons to do something about student debt which would benefit people other then those with student debt even more so then the “intended recipients” - if you can’t see that you are a fool, honestly.

The laws against murder and theft etc are not solely based on a religious belief. That’s apples and oranges.

Which variation of the Supreme Court and which case? You are ignoring that this is a long game, not something immediate. And if two appeals courts disagree then the Supreme Court does not have a choice but to hear it.

Lisa

Superstar
Lol... but the politicians who push the things you support do it for goodwill right? There are numerous economic reasons to do something about student debt which would benefit people other then those with student debt even more so then the “intended recipients” - if you can’t see that you are a fool, honestly.

The laws against murder and theft etc are not solely based on a religious belief. That’s apples and oranges.

Which variation of the Supreme Court and which case? You are ignoring that this is a long game, not something immediate. And if two appeals courts disagree then the Supreme Court does not have a choice but to hear it.
Well, they aren’t doing it for votes necessarily are they? Since abortion is paralyzing.

What about the debt forgiven, what happens to the people who work for those institutions who are now not getting paid, how do they pay for their workers? I think its silly to think that eliminating student debt would benefit other people more than the intended recipients. Lol! Its sure gonna benefit the people paying the debt whether students or not, but you are gonna have a whole bunch of students on board with that since they are being taught that they shouldn’t have to pay for college anyway.

I think that those laws are based on religious belief, at least a Christian belief. You can kill any non muslim with impunity in islam. Where as in the west that typically had a Christian influence you go to prison, possible, but not likely death penalty. In Hindi don’t you just come back as something else? And why do us Christians think killing is wrong..the Ten Commandments that say do not murder and don’t steal and 8 other things.

Does it matter which variation, they refused to hear it and maybe someday they will hear the case again, who knows, but I think they now have enough iffy votes to make one wonder as to how it will all pan out.

justjess

Superstar
For generations before us Americans did not have to pay for college (I’m pretty sure you are quite a bit older then I am and therefore we’re school age under the previous system)- most were free or heavily subsidized and affordable with a part time job. That hasn’t been the case for the last few generations and the ripple effects of the astronomical loans we’ve had to take have effected industries from housing to automobiles to restaurants and travel and beyond. Not to mention the birth rate you guys always seem to be moaning about. You are once again showing your narrow mindedness and quite frankly knee jerk reactions to issues rather than a commitment to actually thoroughly research them before forming an opinion.

No those laws are not religious based. Laws in some form or another regarding those issues were around thousands of years before any form of recognizable organized religion. The fact that in this case religion and law agree on something simply means that there are good reasons for those laws. They are self evident.

Lisa

Superstar
For generations before us Americans did not have to pay for college (I’m pretty sure you are quite a bit older then I am and therefore we’re school age under the previous system)- most were free or heavily subsidized and affordable with a part time job. That hasn’t been the case for the last few generations and the ripple effects of the astronomical loans we’ve had to take have effected industries from housing to automobiles to restaurants and travel and beyond. Not to mention the birth rate you guys always seem to be moaning about. You are once again showing your narrow mindedness and quite frankly knee jerk reactions to issues rather than a commitment to actually thoroughly research them before forming an opinion.

No those laws are not religious based. Laws in some form or another regarding those issues were around thousands of years before any form of recognizable organized religion. The fact that in this case religion and law agree on something simply means that there are good reasons for those laws. They are self evident.
Ya, I’m not old enough to know when that generation that didn’t have to pay for college existed, if it existed. I think student loans have always been hard to pay back, ask any dr.

I’m not sure when it was here that you heard me moaning about the birth rate? Is that something you decided to just throw out? I don’t think its a knee jerk reaction to think that Elizabeth Warren wants to win the White House and she thinks by telling college age kids who are under the thumb of the leftist educational system can win her votes. Seems plausible to me.

Like I said, God made the world and everything in the world and He is the one that put His laws in our hearts, so I do believe that our laws have a lot to do with what God did.

justjess

Superstar
Ya, I’m not old enough to know when that generation that didn’t have to pay for college existed, if it existed. I think student loans have always been hard to pay back, ask any dr.

I’m not sure when it was here that you heard me moaning about the birth rate? Is that something you decided to just throw out? I don’t think its a knee jerk reaction to think that Elizabeth Warren wants to win the White House and she thinks by telling college age kids who are under the thumb of the leftist educational system can win her votes. Seems plausible to me.

Like I said, God made the world and everything in the world and He is the one that put His laws in our hearts, so I do believe that our laws have a lot to do with what God did.
Well when warren went to college it was affordable, same for sanders. And it’s only really the last twenty/thirty years tuition skyrocketed.

Doctors have and always will have abnormally large amounts of debt because it is a profession that requires a ton of training and also pays extremely well. It was still more affordable to become a dr in the past then it is now.

Also FYI - Doctors can also get their entire education and living expenses covered by the federal government by agreeing to work in an underserved area for a couple years. Those who don’t choose to do so, are chasing bigger paychecks, but they atleaSt have the choice

Lisa

Superstar
Well when warren went to college it was affordable, same for sanders. And it’s only really the last twenty/thirty years tuition skyrocketed.

Doctors have and always will have abnormally large amounts of debt because it is a profession that requires a ton of training and also pays extremely well. It was still more affordable to become a dr in the past then it is now.

Also FYI - Doctors can also get their entire education and living expenses covered by the federal government by agreeing to work in an underserved area for a couple years. Those who don’t choose to do so, are chasing bigger paychecks, but they atleaSt have the choice
I can’t say yes or no to that, except that with inflation everything has skyrocketed, probably in those days a loaf of bread cost 50 cents and now it doesn’t. Let’s be real, all politicians promise something to try to get elected. Obama gave the Obama phones....

I would say that what ever time you lived in, it was hard to live. My husband’s grandparents lived through the depression, and his grandpa always thought we had it easy, which we didn’t, we just didn’t have to farm for a living.

Well, I guess you can find ways to decrease your costs, but I think that the majority of college students are gonna see this and think that she’s got something there. But she probably won’t be able to do what she says...they hardly ever do but that’s not the point for her, the point is to say and do whatever it takes to get elected and then spin the disappointments at a later time.

justjess

Superstar
I can’t say yes or no to that, except that with inflation everything has skyrocketed, probably in those days a loaf of bread cost 50 cents and now it doesn’t. Let’s be real, all politicians promise something to try to get elected. Obama gave the Obama phones....

I would say that what ever time you lived in, it was hard to live. My husband’s grandparents lived through the depression, and his grandpa always thought we had it easy, which we didn’t, we just didn’t have to farm for a living.

Well, I guess you can find ways to decrease your costs, but I think that the majority of college students are gonna see this and think that she’s got something there. But she probably won’t be able to do what she says...they hardly ever do but that’s not the point for her, the point is to say and do whatever it takes to get elected and then spin the disappointments at a later time.
She has been pretty consistent with her views and proposals ever since as a professor and lawyer she started digging into bankruptcy. And she came into that gig as a republican with no aspirations towards politics.

Republicans promise and deliver on tax cuts for the rich and corporations. No comment from their constituents. Yet every time a democrat promises something to the common folk instead it’s a massive issue... why is that?

Bread may have been 50cents but it’s currently only $1. The cost of college however has increased 1,000 times over the same time period far outpacing inflation and in conjunction with federal and state government cuts to funding. It isn’t that hard to look this stuff up yourself if your actually interested and want the facts, I suspect however that you are not. You just don’t want to offer any assistance to anyone that may spend 5cents of your tax dollars... regardless of if doing so would actually help to decrease abortions and increase the birth rate which are things you want. Which this actually would.

Lisa

Superstar
She has been pretty consistent with her views and proposals ever since as a professor and lawyer she started digging into bankruptcy. And she came into that gig as a republican with no aspirations towards politics.

Republicans promise and deliver on tax cuts for the rich and corporations. No comment from their constituents. Yet every time a democrat promises something to the common folk instead it’s a massive issue... why is that?

Bread may have been 50cents but it’s currently only $1. The cost of college however has increased 1,000 times over the same time period far outpacing inflation and in conjunction with federal and state government cuts to funding. It isn’t that hard to look this stuff up yourself if your actually interested and want the facts, I suspect however that you are not. You just don’t want to offer any assistance to anyone that may spend 5cents of your tax dollars... regardless of if doing so would actually help to decrease abortions and increase the birth rate which are things you want. Which this actually would.
Has she? She claimed to have some Indian in her and proved that was a bust...so if she can lie about that...

I don’t know maybe because their good ideas aren’t really good ideas, it costs someone but the voters who want them. Didn’t cost the Obama voters to get a phone but it did cost the working class. Things like that.

I think bread might have been cheaper than 50 cents but the bread I buy is $3.50. I’m sure I could get it down some but not $1.

Well one would hope their tax dollars would go to more than giving people free phones and the like but nope! And what’s wrong with people paying for their own college? They wanted to go they can pay for it. I don’t see where my tax dollars have to fund someone else’s education.

I don’t know how this helps decrease abortions honestly? They don’t pay for college so they can keep their baby and not kill it, one or the other?

justjess

Superstar
Has she? She claimed to have some Indian in her and proved that was a bust...so if she can lie about that...

I don’t know maybe because their good ideas aren’t really good ideas, it costs someone but the voters who want them. Didn’t cost the Obama voters to get a phone but it did cost the working class. Things like that.

I think bread might have been cheaper than 50 cents but the bread I buy is $3.50. I’m sure I could get it down some but not $1.

Well one would hope their tax dollars would go to more than giving people free phones and the like but nope! And what’s wrong with people paying for their own college? They wanted to go they can pay for it. I don’t see where my tax dollars have to fund someone else’s education.

I don’t know how this helps decrease abortions honestly? They don’t pay for college so they can keep their baby and not kill it, one or the other?
Do you pay any attention to peoples actual policies? Do you look into these things on your own or just regurgitate what’s told to you on the news?

She sincerely believed the stories told to her by her family of her heritage. That sincere belief is evidenced in her willingness to take and release a dna test that didn’t vindicate her - though it did show a smidge of some Indian somewhere in her background. If she didn’t truly believe it, if it wasn’t an honest mistake or overestimation she would not have released the dna test voluntarily - no one would. Please take a look at our president who refuses to release his taxes, grades etc.

Your sense. I just cant... enjoy your ignorance Lisa.

Lisa

Superstar
Do you pay any attention to peoples actual policies? Do you look into these things on your own or just regurgitate what’s told to you on the news?

She sincerely believed the stories told to her by her family of her heritage. That sincere belief is evidenced in her willingness to take and release a dna test that didn’t vindicate her - though it did show a smidge of some Indian somewhere in her background. If she didn’t truly believe it, if it wasn’t an honest mistake or overestimation she would not have released the dna test voluntarily - no one would. Please take a look at our president who refuses to release his taxes, grades etc.

Your sense. I just cant... enjoy your ignorance Lisa.
Lol, ya I watched her you didn’t build that video :rolleyes:

Well, she wouldn’t be known for being fauxcohontas if she would have checked into it before she spoke. That smidge is laughable and I think she thought that smidge would be proof. But, if you are gonna claim to be American Indian to get into college, might want to take the test to make sure you are and then to go and claim it when you look nothing like an American Indian is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

I thought he refused to release his taxes because he was being audited and didn’t want to have difficulties because of that. Apparently he’s been audited a lot in past years. But I wouldn’t know for sure, I don’t really follow him or the attacks against him. Seems like a rerun of the attacks W got and then W ended up being best buddies with everyone anyway....and I can see Trump doing the same thing. Reminds me of a quote from Shakespeare...All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts.

The only thing I like trump for is that he seems to have slowed down the inevitable and if we don’t see it start up in 2020 it will be the election after.

justjess

Superstar
She didn’t put down Indian to get into college.., that has been proven with actual documents from her college. She didn’t make any claim of being Indian in the political arena, that was opposition pulling out old statements she made in her career as a professor/lawyer to tarnish her. She believed her own claims and therefore tried to defend them (which she does have some Indian ancestry no matter how hard you try to claim otherwise) and there is a huge difference between an honest mistake and a blatant lie. Her blunder falling squarely in the first camp.

I don’t know what video you are referencing... I never post videos let alone watch them. I try to avoid clear propaganda as a rule.

The inevitable what?

And trump can claim that’s why but it’s bullshit. He isn’t under audit for every year of his life and he’s fighting congressional subpoenas so none of them are released. Along with his high school and college grades etc. he sure does have a lot to hide. Makes one wonder...

Lisa

Superstar
She didn’t put down Indian to get into college.., that has been proven with actual documents from her college. She didn’t make any claim of being Indian in the political arena, that was opposition pulling out old statements she made in her career as a professor/lawyer to tarnish her. She believed her own claims and therefore tried to defend them (which she does have some Indian ancestry no matter how hard you try to claim otherwise) and there is a huge difference between an honest mistake and a blatant lie. Her blunder falling squarely in the first camp.

I don’t know what video you are referencing... I never post videos let alone watch them. I try to avoid clear propaganda as a rule.

The inevitable what?

And trump can claim that’s why but it’s bullshit. He isn’t under audit for every year of his life and he’s fighting congressional subpoenas so none of them are released. Along with his high school and college grades etc. he sure does have a lot to hide. Makes one wonder...
The amount of American Indian in her is laughable when she is mostly caucasian and thats the real story, she isn’t enough American Indian to claim anything. My husband’s family did a test and they have a smidge American Indian but they don’t go around telling people they are American Indian.
Yes, I believe she did put down American Indian, that’s why she gets the criticism.

Well, you should google it sometime, but I think you’d probably just agree with her anyway.

The inevitable downward spiral of our country where liberal policies rule us into the ground. At least Trump created jobs and not deadbeats....
They all have a lot to hide if you ask me...if they uncover his secrets, he might return the favor? It’s all a game played out in public.

justjess

Superstar
The amount of American Indian in her is laughable when she is mostly caucasian and thats the real story, she isn’t enough American Indian to claim anything. My husband’s family did a test and they have a smidge American Indian but they don’t go around telling people they are American Indian.
Yes, I believe she did put down American Indian, that’s why she gets the criticism.

Well, you should google it sometime, but I think you’d probably just agree with her anyway.

The inevitable downward spiral of our country where liberal policies rule us into the ground. At least Trump created jobs and not deadbeats....
They all have a lot to hide if you ask me...if they uncover his secrets, he might return the favor? It’s all a game played out in public.
And how would she have known that herself before taking that test? She believed her family history that was told to her for her entire life, as would anyone else. Every one I know who’s taken one of those tests has been surprised at the results. Shit.. I’m “100% Italian” supposedly and got part Ashkenazi Jew and part black. You guys ridicule her for something ridiculous and it’s only a way to try to discredit her for something that is literally entirely irrelevant to any and everything. It’s petty. I give her credit for releasing those tests when they didn’t go her way. She didn’t have to and she wasn’t posed to gain anything from doing so.

And no she did not put down American Indian. It was proven with actual documents I’ve already linked here on this site. And I guess I’m going to have to do so here again because you people don’t even appear to glance at the actual evidence instead choosing to parrot whatever Fox News tells you..

https://facts.elizabethwarren.com/archive/

What liberal policies are you referring to?

And he has created - the economy truly, not him - a bunch of jobs that don’t pay enough to live on or offer benefits of any kind. Is that really what we want?? Need? All he’s done of note since being in office is give himself a tax break - billed as for the middle class but as this tax season showed that was a lie.

Oh yeah and his ultra wealthy friends and corporations also got a lot richer. But better that than those damn liberal policies that might help the poor and middle class some. Sure... why people object to their tax dollars going to help the common man while having no objections to their tax dollars further enriching people who don’t need it Or the ever expanding military budget i will never understand.

Last edited:

Damien50

Star
And how would she have known that herself before taking that test? She believed her family history that was told to her for her entire life, as would anyone else. Every one I know who’s taken one of those tests has been surprised at the results. Shit.. I’m “100% Italian” supposedly and got part Ashkenazi Jew and part black. You guys ridicule her for something ridiculous and it’s only a way to try to discredit her for something that is literally entirely irrelevant to any and everything. It’s petty. I give her credit for releasing those tests when they didn’t go her way. She didn’t have to and she wasn’t posed to gain anything from doing so.

And no she did not put down American Indian. It was proven with actual documents I’ve already linked here on this site. And I guess I’m going to have to do so here again because you people don’t even appear to glance at the actual evidence instead choosing to parrot whatever Fox News tells you..

https://facts.elizabethwarren.com/archive/

What liberal policies are you referring to?

And he has created - the economy truly, not him - a bunch of jobs that don’t pay enough to live on or offer benefits of any kind. Is that really what we want?? Need? All he’s done of note since being in office is give himself a tax break - billed as for the middle class but as this tax season showed that was a lie.

Oh yeah and his ultra wealthy friends and corporations also got a lot richer. But better that than those damn liberal policies that might help the poor and middle class some. Sure... why people object to their tax dollars going to help the common man while having no objections to their tax dollars further enriching people who don’t need it I will never understand.
Those test aren't even accurate. Back in the 1800's the government had a program where Europeans could pay$5 tho become 'Indian so there's that. Unless you have birth records going back several generations, even still, those test can't prove a thing and have been deemed as entertainment.