Abortion - The End of the Slippery Slope

Fear mongering of the highest order. Complete demagoguery, and people here are talking about logic and reason, or accuse “progressives” of basing decisions on “the feels” :rolleyes:

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/addressing-new-yorks-new-abortion-law/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/06/health/late-term-abortion-explainer/index.html

This post will go down in the “anals” of VC fearmongering hysteria though.
Regardless, pregnancy IS an emotional experience, and a female who undergoes an abortion will ALWAYS carry within her deep, psychological repercussions from the procedure:

—-GUILT. Because no matter WHAT the gestational age of the child, the woman will NEVER escape the torture of knowing that she has KILLED HER OWN BABY.......and unless she is a total monster, it will haunt her.
She will ALWAYS remember committing this brutal act of cold-hearted, paid in cash, MURDER.

—-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

——Suicide or Suicidal Ideation

—-Depression

Below is an excerpt from the link:
http://afterabortion.org/2011/abortion-risks-a-list-of-major-psychological-complications-related-to-abortion/

“The study also found that women who delivered an unplanned pregnancy were significantly less likely to have mental health problems than similar women who aborted unplanned pregnancies. Women with a history of abortion were 55 percent more likely to have mental health problems than women who did not abort an unplanned pregnancy.(25)

A 2010 study, which was published in the Canadian Journal of Psychiatry and examined a nationally representative sample of more than 3,000 women in the United States, found that women who underwent an abortion had a 98 percent increased risk for any mental health disorders compared to women who did not have an abortion.

Women who had abortions also had:

59 percent increased risk for suicidal thoughts
61 percent increased risk for mood disorders
61 percent increased risk for social anxiety disorders
261 percent increased risk for alcohol abuse
280 percent increased risk for any substance use disorder”

Bringing a baby—-a new LIFE into the world is THE MOST joyful & fulfilling experience I have ever had, after being saved by God.

I have done it 4 times, and it never became less miraculous.

Now imagine that situation in reverse.....murdering your OWN BABY.

Do you think that is EVER good for ANY woman??

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Yet they light building up in Pink, in celebration. Crazy stuff.

Anyone callous enough for late, late term abortion for reasons of convenience would certainly know it's far more profitable to put the child up for adoption.

Strange days, indeed.
Profitable? It’s illegal to be paid to give your child up for adoption... what are you talking about?

Micro vs macro, it is possible something is difficult/sad for an individual (the actual abortion) and also good for women’s rights (the ability to have that abortion)

justjess

Superstar
I do not believe it is possible to be pro-choice and truly care about children. Set aside the less than 1% who complain of health issues. That small percentage is not a valid reason to murder 60,000,000 babies. I could not look my children in the eyes while standing for a woman’s right to murder her own child. There is no other way around that. It is self-deception to say one is for children while also not defending them at every stage.

Children recognize the horror of abortion AT EVERY STAGE, and there is a reason they see it so clearly. Adults are the ones who harden their hearts and deceive themselves and others. We all know it is murder.
What have you personally done for children lately? Besides your own?

justjess

Superstar
A c-section is much safer than abortion, and far quicker.

If you don’t want your theoretical wife carrying a dead baby inside her then you don’t want her to undergo a late term abortion....The D&E abortion method used for a baby of that size requires injecting poison through the abdomen, into the uterus and into the babies head, killing it in uterine. Then after carrying the dead baby for a day or two, and after giving the mother another drug to unnaturally dilate the cervix, which takes up to 24 hours, the dead baby is vaginally delivered dead, into the toilet.
(Which doesn’t allow the mother to hold the baby and say her goodbyes, which denies her closure).

If the abortionist finds the baby hasn’t been delivered, or hasn’t died, they will evacuate her..... by accessing the baby through the dilated cervix, the baby is crushed inside the uterus, and removed.....piece by piece,

They reassemble the dead baby parts to ensure none have remained so the mother does not suffer a deadly infection.
C sections are extremely dangerous... have you read any stats on them? We have very high maternal fatality rates in this country and it correlates to our overuse of c sections

If the fetus is already stillborn they don’t inject poison into it, not necessary.

And I have never heard of an abortion being done over a toilet. Where are you getting this? It isn’t even medically rational.

Vytas

Star
Regardless, pregnancy IS an emotional experience, and a female who undergoes an abortion will ALWAYS carry within her deep, psychological repercussions from the procedure:

—-GUILT. Because no matter WHAT the gestational age of the child, the woman will NEVER escape the torture of knowing that she has KILLED HER OWN BABY.......and unless she is a total monster, it will haunt her.
She will ALWAYS remember committing this brutal act of cold-hearted, paid in cash, MURDER.

—-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

——Suicide or Suicidal Ideation

—-Depression

Below is an excerpt from the link:
http://afterabortion.org/2011/abortion-risks-a-list-of-major-psychological-complications-related-to-abortion/

“The study also found that women who delivered an unplanned pregnancy were significantly less likely to have mental health problems than similar women who aborted unplanned pregnancies. Women with a history of abortion were 55 percent more likely to have mental health problems than women who did not abort an unplanned pregnancy.(25)

A 2010 study, which was published in the Canadian Journal of Psychiatry and examined a nationally representative sample of more than 3,000 women in the United States, found that women who underwent an abortion had a 98 percent increased risk for any mental health disorders compared to women who did not have an abortion.

Women who had abortions also had:

59 percent increased risk for suicidal thoughts
61 percent increased risk for mood disorders
61 percent increased risk for social anxiety disorders
261 percent increased risk for alcohol abuse
280 percent increased risk for any substance use disorder”

Bringing a baby—-a new LIFE into the world is THE MOST joyful & fulfilling experience I have ever had, after being saved by God.

I have done it 4 times, and it never became less miraculous.

Now imagine that situation in reverse.....murdering your OWN BABY.

Do you think that is EVER good for ANY woman??
My ex girlfriend had 10 abortions, freaking ten. When she first time told me that i could not help myself and started to cry. She told she always has nightmares about them, she is prone to depression, and she attempted suicide in the past. Basically everything your study says.

And what about at 25 weeks? Just past where ny’s laws already covered?
Isn’t the baby’s life WORTH it?

Why NOT at least TRY to save him?

My mother’s co-worker’s daughter was pregnant and they discovered she had cancer.

The doctors suggested terminating the pregnancy, because of her cancer and the extreme prematurity of the baby.

She basically told them politely, to kick rocks.

She wanted to do whatever she could to save her baby.

They performed an emergency C-Section & delivered her tiny baby boy at just 20 WEEKS.

Doctors warned her not to expect much and encouraged her to use the time to say her goodbyes.

Of course, He spent several months in the NICU while his mother remained by his side, praying & coaxing him to live, while she received cancer treatment. He was stable and slowly started to thrive.

His bones hardened enough so she could finally hold him. She said his skin was nearly translucent, and he was small enough to fit in her hand. He fought hard to live, and this drove HER to fight her cancer so she could live for him.

They both fully recovered and he is 4 years old....small but healthy. Her cancer has not returned.

Doctors cannot predict the future, Jess.

Miracles happen. People beat the odds, but only if given the chance.

You may not like what I’m going to say, but I do not care. It is exactly how I truly feel, and needs to be said:

Abortion is NEVER the answer. It is certainly NEVER a more humane choice. Ripping a baby apart is NEVER justifiable, even in the first trimester.

Even IF the mother’s life IS truly in danger.

I have 4 children. I believe their lives are far more important than my own, and I would happily die to save any of them, and I would not have to think twice about it.

And that did not develop once they were born, it developed as soon as I was pregnant. I would never take my own child’s life to preserve my own, whether born or unborn.

I would rather die so they might live.

And any mother who would not, is purely SELFISH, and does not deserve her children.

My ex girlfriend had 10 abortions, freaking ten. When she first time told me that i could not help myself and started to cry. She told she always has nightmares about them, she is prone to depression, and she attempted suicide in the past. Basically everything your study says.
I’ve never personally had an abortion, but know MANY women who have.

Sadly, it is way more common than I thought, and almost EVERY SINGLE woman I’ve spoken to about it , has regretted having their abortion(s), and are now pro-life.

My older sister had 7, at various stages in pregnancy, and has had them in ALL 3 trimesters. She says they were some of the worst decisions she ever made, and is now strictly pro-life.

She has described to me in detail her experiences, and I told her she should write a book, because if people knew some of the things that REALLY go down in abortion clinics, no woman would have one, and no man who truly loved his pregnant wife or girlfriend would allow or encourage her to have one.

Abortion is NOT “healthcare”.

It is a wicked, satanic, barbaric business, that profits through death, misinformation, propaganda, and is the CAUSE of a lifetime of misery and reproductive destruction.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html

Lol here’s what your Devil-God says about abortion.

“And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.

Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16”

justjess

Superstar
I am part of a group that provides gifts and funding for foster families locally, Christmas gifts as well as daily staples such as car seats, formula, school supplies. As I speak I have 300 bags filled with gifts from members of my church to deliver to CASA this afternoon so they can distribute them to the children they advocate for. This is for children in 3 counties. My own children and I have put in countless hours planning and organizing it. I have helped in making weighted blankets as gifts for children as they enter foster homes. We give to our local crisis pregnancy center to help mothers in tough situations. My husband and I have started fostering classes but have held off for a time due to health issues with my parents.

If I did nothing for children, it still would not keep me from speaking. That is a lie that the left has sold. People in the past spoke against slavery even though they didn’t help on the Underground Railroad
I’m not speaking as “the left” I’m speaking as jess - me myself and I - and I personally find it repugnant when people preach on about pro life and do nothing for actual children. I’m entitled to that opinion and it has nothing to do with “the left” - I’m not some one dimensional categorical representation, I’m a real actual loving person with all that entails.

Good for you that you actually do something for kids. Happy to hear it.

@Vytas for a woman to have gotten 10 abortions I strongly suspect her mental issues predated her unwanted pregnancies/abortions

@Claire Rousseau that is a remarkable story.. I’m pretty sure you should sell it to the medical establishment since as far as I’m aware there is not a single case of a fetus surviving at 20 weeks. In the case I’m mistaken... where is all the money for the medical bills coming from? Republicans and the right and the government in general seems to be doing nothing but clamping down on help for medical bills, I’m not so sure that anyone truly wants to be spending that much money on extraordinary medical care (I’m not opppsed I think all medical should be 100% covered) and even if they did what would happen to a child who met his lifetime cap at three weeks old?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html

Lol here’s what your Devil-God says about abortion.

“And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.

Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16”
How does your analysis echo with Jeremiah 1?

The Call of Jeremiah

4Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Clearly God was well aware of the "personhood" of Jeremiah before he was born?

What have you personally done for children lately? Besides your own?
By her just speaking out AGAINST abortion, she is doing so much to help children.

Defending the right of a child to LIVE, is doing a LOT.

She is being the voice for the voiceless, and standing up and speaking on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves.

And she is absolutely RIGHT.....it is utter HYPOCRISY for a person to say they care about women & children, while cheering for the “right” to murder them.

How does your analysis echo with Jeremiah 1?

The Call of Jeremiah

4Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Clearly God was well aware of the "personhood" of Jeremiah before he was born?
Sure, God values life if you’re born into the right religion or don’t violate one of his laws. It’s perfectly fine according to God to burn a pregnant “harlot”. Life doesn’t mean much to him if you happen to be in a city invaded by the Israelites ( or an enemy of them )

“The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

God's law sometimes requires the execution (by burning to death) of pregnant women.

Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24”

“And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17
(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)
Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14
Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16
Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16”

I’m not speaking as “the left” I’m speaking as jess - me myself and I - and I personally find it repugnant when people preach on about pro life and do nothing for actual children. I’m entitled to that opinion and it has nothing to do with “the left” - I’m not some one dimensional categorical representation, I’m a real actual loving person with all that entails.

Good for you that you actually do something for kids. Happy to hear it.

@Vytas for a woman to have gotten 10 abortions I strongly suspect her mental issues predated her unwanted pregnancies/abortions

@Claire Rousseau that is a remarkable story.. I’m pretty sure you should sell it to the medical establishment since as far as I’m aware there is not a single case of a fetus surviving at 20 weeks. In the case I’m mistaken... where is all the money for the medical bills coming from? Republicans and the right and the government in general seems to be doing nothing but clamping down on help for medical bills, I’m not so sure that anyone truly wants to be spending that much money on extraordinary medical care (I’m not opppsed I think all medical should be 100% covered) and even if they did what would happen to a child who met his lifetime cap at three weeks old?
* It is possible that I am miscalculating the EXACT weeks & days and that the baby was (+/-) a couple of weeks older due to the 2 weeks accounted for between conception and discovering the first missed period. I DO know she was 5 months pregnant though, (4 weeks per month X 5 months =20 weeks is why I gave that figure) and the baby weighed barely over one pound.
The baby’s survival is still a miracle, and the doctors told her he would never survive.

She was poor, so yes, she was on Medicaid.

But I would MUCH rather see my tax $ pay for the medical bills to save a baby’s life than to destroy it.

* It is possible that I am miscalculating the EXACT weeks & days and that the baby was (+/-) a couple of weeks older due to the 2 weeks accounted for between conception and discovering the first missed period. I DO know she was 5 months pregnant though, (4 weeks per month X 5 months =20 weeks is why I gave that figure) and the baby weighed barely over one pound.
The baby’s survival is still a miracle, and the doctors told her he would never survive.

She was poor, so yes, she was on Medicaid.

But I would MUCH rather see my tax $ pay for the medical bills to save a baby’s life than to destroy it.

Lol nice job changing your story. Pics or it didn’t happen.

There are 3 cases of surviving preemies at 21 plus weeks that are the records. It’s so rare that it’s unlikely Claire’s story is based in reality.

Between 22-26 weeks there is a decent chance of the baby surviving to one year if kept in care, but again the people who are so opposed to abortion do everything in their power to restrict health care, and those costs would bankrupt most people.

justjess

Superstar
By her just speaking out AGAINST abortion, she is doing so much to help children.

Defending the right of a child to LIVE, is doing a LOT.

She is being the voice for the voiceless, and standing up and speaking on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves.

And she is absolutely RIGHT.....it is utter HYPOCRISY for a person to say they care about women & children, while cheering for the “right” to murder them.
And I could throw that back at you... it is utter hypocrisy to say you care about women while advocating for them to be viewed as nothing more than a uterus and forcing them to endure childbirth against their wishes itregardles to their own health and circumstance.

But I would never say something that retarted and short sighted, because it isn’t true. Just like it isn’t true that you can’t care about children and be pro choice. You miss a lot of nuance when you are determined to be so damn black and white about things.

justjess

Superstar
Meh being a slut is not a mental disorder, pleasure is more important than safety. Thats all there is... cynic approach without realizing there may be consequences...
Most sluts don’t have 10 abortions, and actually when someone is that sexually promiscuous it typically is in fact because of some mental issue they are dealing with in an unhealthy manner

Vytas

Star
Most sluts don’t have 10 abortions, and actually when someone is that sexually promiscuous it typically is in fact because of some mental issue they are dealing with in an unhealthy manner
She was sexually abused as a child, she always was and is sane, depression isn't a serious mental disorder im my eyes.